What is your opinion about what did Kathy Griffin did?

Calgary, Alberta
Kathy Griffin is a comedian who hates Donald Trump. Usually comedians just make jokes about the politicians they don't like but she did something that even haters of Trump found offensive. She tried to make this photoshoot of her holding a fake blood covered severed head that looks like Donald Trump. Many people said it is like a parody of ISIS beheading videos. The video is suppose to be funny but people end up being disgusted. 11 year old Barron Trump got traumatized seeing this image on TV because he thought his dad got killed for real. Supporters of Kathy Griffin thinks this is just a joke and people should not take it seriously but even people who hates Trump don't want to be see a severed head when they are suppose to watch comedy. Source:
The comedian posted a video apology for a photo of herself holding what appears to be a bloody, decapitated fake head of President Trump.
The additional crime was CNN waiting so long to fire her.
• Calgary, Alberta
and television networks displaying the severed head. with no any form of censorship. She just got fired after seeing even democrats bashing her.
@JohnRoberts I agree 100%. CNN most likely fired her because they felt they had to to retain whatever credibility they have left.
@anniepa (26442)
At least CNN didn't wait as long as Fox did to fire Ailles and O'Reilly and we're STILL waiting for them to get rid of Hannity.
Since we are living in a world of terrorists a beheading is nothing to joke about. Even if you don't respect the president everyone should respect the office. I think she's disgraceful
• Calgary, Alberta
With all the terrorists attacks, beheading is indeed not funny, Well it is never funny to begin with. it is traumatizing to be seen by children.
@anniepa (26442)
I don't respect this "President" and I think he's brought disgrace to the office but I DO respect the families of real victims of beheading and can't believe anyone could make a joke about such a horrid thing.
Down right despicable and so GLAD she was fired for this and it is ONLY because of the traumatization Barron experienced !
• Calgary, Alberta
I think Barron is not the only traumatized person. No one wanted to see severed head.
@CaptAlbertWhisker I DID NOT view it, won't BUT I can attest this was a very disturbing demonstration of the level of hate Ms. Griffin has within her soul . . . she has to suffer now for her own accountability and 'maybe' she can express genuine apology as if that will help anyone who did see it
I haven't actually seen the offending video, and have no intention of doing so. She may have taken it too far, but she did apologize. I don't think CNN should have fired her.
• Calgary, Alberta
They have to fire her because she can be used as a weapon by the republican party against CNN if she stayed hired. Also there are threats from sponsors.
@Mike197602 (13403)
• Worcester, England
Can't stand trump and I think she went waaaaaay too far and if she was here she would have been fired for sure.
@CaptAlbertWhisker I hadn't thought of it like that, but I can see where that might happen.
@Mike197602 (13403)
• Worcester, England
I found it pretty distasteful...wasn't funny at all and I can't stand trump.
• Calgary, Alberta
Even the hosts of the View and the Young Turks are criticizing her and those are Trump Haters. Alec Baldwin is better at insulting Trump and is funny while doing it
@Mike197602 (13403)
• Worcester, England
@CaptAlbertWhisker there is funny and there is over the line...she went way over the line in my opinion.
@jujunme (2331)
I don't like Kathy Griffin anyway IMO she always goes way too far in her attempt to be funny and even though i didn't see the ''severed head'' and don't want to,i can imagine why people were disgusted by it and why Trump's son would be traumatized
• Calgary, Alberta
I know this is not her first scandal. She had offended people before,.She thought she can get away from it because Hollywood is anti-Trump.
@jujunme (2331)
@CaptAlbertWhisker i didn't know about any other scandals,but i'm not surprised since her so called humor is nothing but mean spirited put downs. Also even the people who dislike Trump spoke out and said how disgusting her behavior was and BTW Hollywood should start realizing people are saying they should stay out of the political arena and just do what they are hired to do.
@anniepa (26442)
@jujunme If they should stay out of the political arena and "just do what they are hired to do" what is Donald Trump doing where he is? He referred to himself as a "star" in the Access Hollywood tape but he was nothing more than a D-lister with a reality show in my opinion.
Griffin is disgusting, went way beyond anything that should be considered appropriate, and I was very glad to hear that CNN fired her. She deserves it.
• Calgary, Alberta
Have you heard how her images traumatized Baron Trump?
@CaptAlbertWhisker I did. That poor kid has and will continue to have a very hard time, for years I'm afraid.
@jujunme (2331)
@dgobucks226 (4765)
I guess she ran out of material. The President is an easy target, but what she did was beyond reasonable humor I never thought she was funny and this atrocity confirms it. She always claimed to be a "B-list" celebrity. She might want to change that letter designation after her CNN firing
@jujunme (2331)
@jujunme Thanks for the thumbs up
@jujunme (2331)
@Micmac (6483)
Despicable .. that woman is insane. Glad she is fired .. good riddance to her.
• Lakewood, Colorado
It was quite horrifying and I am glad they fired her..finally.
• Calgary, Alberta
they tried to defend her at one point until they see more backfire from it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@CaptAlbertWhisker I am not surprised many people found this really bad even though they dont like Trump.
@anniepa (26442)
I thought they fired her almost immediately. How long did it take?
@anniepa (26442)
I've always liked Kathy Griffin and New Year's Eve sure won't be the same without her, but of course I agree she went too far this time. I don't think anyone could hate Trump more than me, and that's not something I usually say about ANYONE, but Kathy was wrong to do what she did. All edgy comedians go too far now and then and she obviously knows she did and she's apologized for it. I guess I can't quite understand the double-standard that always seems to apply to the right. I mean, Trump made a "joke" about his "2nd Amendment people" supporters "taking care" of Hillary Clinton during the campaign and he's now living in the White House.
• Calgary, Alberta
I think she is not the only one at fault of here. Her manager and that Photographer also agreed to make this thing happened. It will take a while for her career to recover from this. Even Chelsea Clinton got offended by this.
@anniepa (26442)
@CaptAlbertWhisker You're right and I admit I wasn't thinking about the obvious fact that she wasn't "working alone". I'm NOT trying to take the responsibility away from her but it sure seems like someone should have tried to convince her not to do it. Of course, maybe they did and she wouldn't listen...still, she had to know the reaction wouldn't be good despite Trump's unpopularity.
@WriterAI (3637)
• Bulgaria
She's nasty!
I know she has made some controversial statements for the sake of comedy in the past . . . but well, this one was in serious poor taste. It did surprise me that she actually apologized - this one backfired on her for sure!
I do not like Trump, but I agree, she went too far with this video.