Home Made Bug Spray

Has anyone ever done this? I recently bought Citronella essential oil with the idea in mind to create more geen non-deet bug spray to use. Its getting to that time of year where the bugs come out fiercely! So I was perusing Google and found one recipe I tried. It had some interesting ingredients (vodka and apple cider vinegar mixed with the oils and water) so I whipped up a batch - heavy on the Citronella but also with some Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Lavender - all of which are said to repel bugs. I am curious to know if this works. Have you ever made any home-made bug sprays? If so what did you use?
I have never made my own but I would be interested to see what others have made and it is works. Bugs are the worse part about camping.
Yes! The worst!!! I will have ro let you know if my creation works!
@maezee yes please do
I never made it, but do but non-deet products. Let us know how it works if you make it.
I haven't Maezee..I wonder if the bugs get drunk on the vodka though..hope it works for you.
I just use OFF at home or Avon's Skin So Soft Bath oil on the beach.
Ahh I used to use a Skin So Soft bug spray many years ago but I dont know of any Avoners anymore! I rememmber it worked well though!
@maezee I just buy it from Amazon
@maezee I use the Skin So soft bug spray and it works better then any other that I have tried.
Yes we need to spray all the bugs we meet so they do not come into our houses.
We have citronella plants in our backyard. I just snip some if the leaves every other day so the scent would come out. Not sure if it ever worked though. As for homemade bug spray, we only got to make a pesticide made of water and hot sauce. We used it to expel the bugs on our leafy greens. It worked!
I have not. Have thought of doing it though
No, have never made homemade bug spray. Avon has towelettes that work really well to keep the bugs away.
@Nawsheen (22942)
• Mauritius
Unfortunately we always buy ours. Never made it at home.
@Tina30219 (32779)
• Onaway, Michigan
Never made my own I have saw many different recipes on facebook recently though. We know someone that makes her own but hers don't work very well and she sells it in a store here in town for $20 nobody has bought it either. I would be interested in knowing if yours works or not.