Last day of school!

Japan
I think all of us, teachers and students alike, are ready to have summer vacation! Today we have a half day of school! "School's out, school's out, teacher let the monkeys out!" Do you remember that chant? So today, since I am not a classroom teacher, but teach different levels, all I have to do is go to two final assemblies and play piano! In elementary, we have assembly/chapel to say goodbye and pray for those leaving for good, those leaving for a year, and to graduate the fifth graders. The middle schoolers have chapel and then get to play games on the playground. They cleaned their lockers yesterday. High schoolers had their assembly last week and are finishing up their exams. Does your school have a custom for the last day of school?
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
At my school we have the 8th Grade awards on the last day, which is a half-day. The 6th and 7th Graders basically spend the day helping teachers box up and clean up.
• Japan
We had 8th grade final projects and "graduation" a couple weeks ago, but they had to keep coming to school till today.
We had a parade and a picnic in my school when I was a child for the last day of school. I am glad now you will have a nice break Denise.
• Japan
Parade? Now that would be fun.
@petatonicsca Yes it was Denise.
@sishy7 (27666)
have a great summer break!
• Japan
Thank you. I plan to. I plan to do some more myLotting during the summer.
We don't have a special custom. All we think of it is summer vacation.
• Japan
I think of summer vacation too!!!
@prashu228 (25814)
I don't remember anything now.. have a great day
• Japan
You know, I don't know what we did when I was a child except clean up on the last day.
@manasamanu (3759)
• Bangalore, India
We all have assembly, speech and then return to our classes. Final year students will be having a send off party given by the school administration. We all enjoyed it.
@shshiju (10318)
• Cochin, India
That's really a happy time when vacation enters. We have no special customs. Glad to know that you played Piano in Assembly.
@KrauseHome (34994)
Around here depending on the grade, most of the time it is just a time to do things like Crafts, talk, play and tell everyone Good bye. See you again soon.
@ridingbet (47344)
oh, no, my friend. we have no activity like the one you mentioned here. but the other students, they buy food to their instructors
It's a long time since I was at school, or even since my children were, and I can't remember anything special happening.
I don't know that the school summer vacation starts so early in Japan. The final exams are usually available by the end of June. Then one week later there will be the summer vacation. Here usually the summer vacation just lasts two months, they are July and August. The students will be back to school on September 1st.