Buying Christmas gifts all throughout the year...

@sublime03 (1811)
I started doing it for a couple of years already where I buy my gifts for the people I love all throughout the year. It makes it easier come November or December to get the last minute ones to a few instead of having to rush for everyone gift. During the past I hate it when I have a hard time finding gifts and you end up buying an 'okay' gift because you didn't have enough time to do it. So whenever I go to stores that have percent off and I see something interesting I get it already. Do you do the same and buy early christmas gifts? Or are you the type who loves the christmas rush and get stuck in traffic just to get to the mall?
@redurnet (1494)
I think this is a good idea. I imagine it can save you quite a lot as the shops inflate the prices of everything just before Christmas.
@sublime03 (1811)
Yes it sure saves me time and money! And I won't have to worry having the same gift with anyone since I shopped ahead of time. Try it sometime and i'm pretty sure you'll get your list done a lot faster,
Well since 'gifts' in my family have been recently scoffed at, mom and I do not bother anymore and it is for good reason; however for a few special people I can say I will buy something and hold it till Christmas time to surprise them with it
@sublime03 (1811)
I just remembered a few years back me and my brothers decided we'll just give gifts to the kids and slip all the oldies so we can maybe donate the money to a charity of some sort. But then we we t back to giving eachother i guess we couldn't help it.
@sublime03 trust me when loved ones no longer appreciate it and even have the audacity to chastise for it, you'll stop . . . But I HOPE that never happens in your family, mine is quite dysfunctional
@sublime03 (1811)
@enlightenedpsych2 We are the giving type of family even without occasions we give and receive little gifts from time to time.
@vsai2008 (7835)
I am a bit surprised that you think way ahead of the celebrations. Glad to know that you :) I think I too will start doing the same, not for Christmas though, for birthdays, anniversaries etc.
@sublime03 (1811)
I have issues come november and december with getting everything done especially now I have 2 kids under 3 years old. But it would be great for birthday and anniversary gifts especially when they keep reminding you what they really want for special occasions.
@vsai2008 (7835)
@sublime03 I too said that keeping Kids in mind. My brother has 3 kids, they are always after elders reminding them of buying gifts. Even if its my birthday, they too are supposed to get a gift.
Yes, I do the same. The latest I start my Christmas shopping is August.
@sishy7 (27646)
I don't like shopping and certainly hate rushing for last minute gifts. So yeah, buying them as I go whenever I see something good on sales would be the way to go for me.
@sublime03 (1811)
Doesn't it make so much sense to do it this way than having to come up with stuff to buy close to when you give it? Anyway, I got a few with me already from a sale I went to and i'm very happy to cross it out of my list.
@sishy7 (27646)
@sublime03 We're probably saving a good sum in the process too...
@sublime03 (1811)
@sishy7 That is the best part of it too. You get no hassle buying them plus you get it for a bargain equals happy us. And it usually makes the person who's receiving it feel like we really took our time to choose the gift.
I buy my gifts all throughout the year as well. I have already fully finished my sister's gift and my boyfriend's gift and it is only June. I actually finished them back in May. Now I am saving up to get my parents Christmas gifts.
@sublime03 (1811)
Oh cool! You should have enough time to get your parents a nice gift since were only half way through the year.