Back to night shift tonight!

Well here I am in the parking ramp at work killing some time for my first shift back to the night shift in about a month and a half! I was lucky enough to be able to work a 2nd shift for a little while, which I discovered I really like. Now my schedule is back to 830PM to 430AM likely for the rest of the year. Feels like a long time! I picked up some overtime so I will be starting two hours early. Luckily after work today I will sleep for about 4 hours and hit the road on a mini road trip with my mom where we have a cabin rented for a day. There is a casino nearby and tons of thrift shopping to do. I am excited! What are you all up to today?
Sounds like you have a fun time planned with your mom. It is nice to get away.
Yes! Even though its just for one day Im very excited just to get away from the city abd work for a bit. Hope you are having a good day!
Always nice to get away even if it is for a short period of time.
@Blondie2222 (21223)
Well I hope your first night shift went well and you enjoy your mini vacation with your mom.
Yes! It went slow but good. I had worked it for four months straight and never really got used to working after 2am. Always so sleepy. Hope youre havung a good day!
@Blondie2222 (21223)
@maezee Glad you made it thru. My day is going ok other than sick with a sinus infection
Sounds like a good time to be had tomorrow.
Yes! It was a lot of fun. Now back to work/reality tonight. Lol
@maezee take it easy even at work
I used to love second shift Maezee..hey did you now Honest Co. is now doing those make up boxes you like?
No I havent ever used any of those products butI know they make a wide range of stuff. Any idea what they send you or how much it is?
@maezee I only saw it somewhere in an email Honest.com had sent me and now I can't recall anything else about it Maezee. It is a new thing for them as far as I know.
Enjoy that day with your Mom
Thanks! We always have fun when we do this little trip a couple times per year.
@Nawsheen (22942)
• Mauritius
I used to work on night shift from 5pm to 2 am. The best thing about it was that i was free during the day. Enjoy your road trip
Thats very true, I usually see more people on nights than on 2nd shift.
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh that sounds like fun, I love thrift shop shopping. We went to exercise and then out to lunch. Tomorrow we are going to drive up to Vermont for a couple days to visit my brother.
Nice! We found some great stuff and were able to donate a bunch of our old clothes as well which is always good! Hope you have a great trip to Vermont!
Enjoy your little road trip there, sounds a fun time.
Thanks! It was fun. Spent a little too much money but thats ok!
It's too hot to do much of anything here.
Indeeed, same here. Hope you have ac!
@ShifaLk (7496)
Oh. I can't work at nights... Great