Do you avoid people?

@shaynas (5565)
I am not a very friendly person, and an extreme personal one. I keep happy to myself. Though i have few friends, and real close ones, but i am not much into making new friends. I don't like visiting people other than family and my close friends. It's not that i hate people, but i just don't feel so ease with them. I hate getting caught into conversations. I would rather take a different route if i see some acquaintances passing through the usual one. I love to keep to myself. Though I am working and i have good work relation with my colleagues. We talk and joke too at times. But i still keep to my closed loop. Can anyone relate to this?
@nomus24g (15032)
Oh no...you have basically explained a simple english word "INTROVERT" into a para
@shaynas (5565)
Do you know, there are 4 kinds of intoversion known? Which one is this then :D
@nomus24g (15032)
@shaynas but its good, how you have split a single word into multi sentence post :)
@shaynas (5565)
@nomus24g I don't think it is. Any situation can not be explained by a single word, as everyone has some uniqueness even if that broadly falls into some classification term.
@josie_ (4427)
We all need our space and alone time. It also takes me awhile to feel comfortable with people I'm meeting for the first time.
@shaynas (5565)
The first time awkwardness is normal. Problem here is i just don't want to meet them again :)
@josie_ (4427)
@shaynas _We can't like all the people we meet.
@shaynas (5565)
@josie_ That's so true. But some people seem friendly to everyone they meet, i wish i was some what like them :D
I like people but it takes me a while to feel comfortable around someone new. I'm not confident enough in myself to start a conversation with someone I don't know.
@shaynas (5565)
starting a conversation myself is something i would never do. sadly,I don't feel comfortable around most of the people
@vsai2008 (7632)
I do too I want to be alone sometimes, family and close friends understand. but relatives tell to be open and talk more but i tend to stay away :)
@shaynas (5565)
I love to be alone, but that is not practical. The irony is my husband is way too social, he visits so many people and we have so many visitors too. :-/
@vsai2008 (7632)
@shaynas i know its hard to keep a happy face when we have visitors but sometimes we cant help it. Sometimes i feel half of the life goes away with doing what is called-formalities..lol :)
@shaynas (5565)
@vsai2008 I can't agree more. You just have to pretend!! People don't understand.
I am a friendly person in contrast to you. But I also choose the friends I would always like to be with. I can easily make friends however, after I have get to know some of them to be gossips, I avoid them already. I hate gossips. Who knows when I turn my back, i would be the center of their gossip.
@shaynas (5565)
That's true with people who gossip, they don't even spare their so called friends. I pity such people. Rather than concentrating on their own issues, they waste their time. I always wish i was a little more friendlier than I am. Though people i m close with are really very close. But i can't fit in a new place. :)
@shaynas That's good enough that you have a circle of friends.
@shaynas (5565)
@SIMPLYD Yeah, but most of them are scattered across the globe now. Sometimes i feel i need some local friends, or a nice hobby :)
@Sweetyt05 (492)
• Ranchi, India
I totally relate......I don't even like going relative or neighbors home in functions .....Not even frnds party
@shaynas (5565)
I hate going to relatives and thankfully, i have very few here. I am not a party person too. Though i sometime like going out with my friends.
• Ranchi, India
@shaynas but sometimes u have to go even if u don't want . And I hate that
@shaynas (5565)
@Sweetyt05 Right. for living in society, we have to do things we don't approve sometimes.
I stay away with people who are gossip. I don't talk much with people that easily.
@shaynas (5565)
Most of the people these days you find are into gossip, and i so hate that.
@shaynas I think gossiping will not help us in the workplace.
@shaynas (5565)
@Shavkat right. Pure waste of time.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes I too am not fond of making acquaintance with those I do not know.
@shaynas (5565)
This is such a quality, ask me, i want to be somewhat like you
• Lakewood, Colorado
@shaynas And I am like you Sunshine lol
@shaynas (5565)
@avi256 (4016)
• Pune, India
Yes I feel similar, specially in my apartment or relatives...the first interaction is toughest.
@shaynas (5565)
With relatives...those I have seen from start, I am comfortable. New people make me uncomfortable. I have no friends in the apartment.
@avi256 (4016)
• Pune, India
@shaynas Do you live with family?
@mandala100 (24087)
Yes of course. It seems to me that you are a very private person and there's nothing wrong about it.
@shaynas (5565)
Thanks for saying that!! But at times i feel i was more social, and open.
@mandala100 (24087)
@shaynas Alright that's so good to know.
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
I am exactly like you. I prefer to be around those people who are I am used to. I don't like to go to new places and initiate conversations. If i happen to see someone I know to prevent myself from being caught up in converstions like you said I will try to avoid the person. I am very reserved too
@shaynas (5565)
Yeah, this is what happens, no interest in the conversation and i like to keep to myself. Though i love going to new places, where no one knows me :D
@1hopefulman (18614)
So let' say you meet someone you know, do you find it more comfortable if the person just says a friendly hello and keeps going rather that one who wants to get you in a long conversation?
@shaynas (5565)
Yes, exactly that. Just a hello and how are you rather than getting me engaged in some useless conversations!
@Raine38 (8907)
I think I can. Unlike you though, I don't think I have good friends, even a few. My closest and oldest one lives 9,000 miles away from me. My boyfriend is my only friend and personal confidante in this place. I have a few acquaintances that I hangout with from time to time but nobody that I can call my best friend. There are times that I wish I am more outgoing and have a large group of friends, but like you I am not very good in making new friends. I have a very busy life at the moment and my interests for people my age is quite more serious and so it is a challenge to even find a common ground to bond in. I am not sad and lonely though. But it would be nice to have a separate group of friends other than those of my boyfriend's. Not that he has a lot to begin with, as well.
@shaynas (5565)
I exactly feel like you. I am not sad being this way, but at times i feel like having an escape from my routine life. Having a group of people to do fun things. They come like a refreshment from the daily routine.
@bluesa (10640)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That depends on my mood @shaynas . If I feel sociable then I enjoy talking to people. If I am in a quiet mood, then I will also try to avoid bumping into any one I know.
@shaynas (5565)
That's natural i guess! Sometimes, we just want to be left alone. But with some people, it's always like that...leave me alone time!! :D
@MGjhaud (20822)
I dont hate people. I just prefer when they're not around. Yes, I can relate.
@shaynas (5565)
That's the right thing. We don't hate people, just keep away from them ! :)