Good evening myLot

Hey everyone. I hope your day has gone well. It is a gorgeous sunny evening here at the Jersey Shore. Perfect for walking the boardwalk, hanging out on the beach, or sitting outside on the patio. I just got home from a wonderful afternoon and dinner at my parents' house. It was my parents, my sister, her husband, their 2 very young children, myself, and my parents' 2 best friends. We had a great time just relaxing and spending time together. It was amazing to see how much my 3 year old niece has come out of her shell. She used to be so shy and wouldn't even look at me, let alone approach me. Today she was smiling at me, talking to me, and she gave me several hugs. My dad was very excited about the Amazon Echo that I gave him. He started to set it up but couldn't get the whole thing finished. I'm sure that is the first thing he did as soon as everyone left. Now I am just relaxing for awhile. I need to get my lunch together for work tomorrow but I may just do that in the morning. What's everyone else up to tonight?
Glad to hear that you and a good visit with your family. No Trump conversations?
No just one reference by my mother about how she hates Ashley Judd now. That was it. Oh and my Dad and I were saying how bizarre it was that Trump suddenly decided to go to Camp David this weekend. But even thought we are on opposite sides politically, it was something we agreed on. My mother wasn't around for that little exchange.
@NJChicaa lol that is good then.
@CoralLevang (25051)
going to a friends' home. He's having several of us over for dinner. I need to go to the store and get something to make a salad. Need to get out of here in a few minutes.
Have a great time!
• Olney, Illinois
Oh, solving world hunger, overpopulation, and curing AIDS...the usual Sunday evening things...
at least someone is working on it!
I am waiting on Adrain to pick up my new cat. I hope you have a good evening.
I cannot believe that Kay brought you a cat.
Glad it was a good visit.
It was the BEST! My almost 3 year old niece was the star performer. I'm not into young kids as a general rule but it was really cool to see how she has changed and gotten out of her shell. I was so proud of her. I smiled and laughed all afternoon.
@NJChicaa nothing wrong with little ones. Glad she had you going.
@Courtlynn My husband and I both know that we are not interested in children. We don't have the patience or interest in them so we chose not to have any. Been together 14 years and married 9. No kids. We are cool with that. We love my sister's children though. Seeing my niece today being so open was really amazing.
@sugartoes (25286)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sounds like you had a great day with family & friends today. we stayed home & watched the NASCAR race & took a nap & just getting up after a 4 hr nap to get the kitchen in order.
just getting up after a 4 hour nap?!?!?! you'll be up all night!!!! Yikes!
Enjoy your evening after your big family day.
I am. It is a quiet night here or as quiet as it can be with 5 cats and a parrot.
Glad you had a nice dinner with your family! I got to hang out with my dad today for a couple hours before work so that was cool. Hope you have a good evening!
Thanks. Just relaxing before bed.
@shivamani10 (9056)
• Hyderabad, India
I think you are enjoying the beachside very much in sunny weather.