Breakfast is over

It wasn't so bad. I had a plain omelet, a bran muffin, cream of wheat which I didn't eat, coffee, orange juice and milk. They brought me a menu today so I get to choose my meals for tomorrow and the rest of my stay here. That will make things better. At least I will know what I am getting, Hospital food is much better now then it use to be years ago. Yesterday's dinner was rice, sweet and sour chicken and green beans. It was quite good. Have you ever had to stay in the hospital, if so, what was the food like?
What! No jello yet lol?
No not yet but it's one tomorrow menu lol
Most of what you were given sounds like hospital food to me, except for the omelet. I don't seem to recall eggs being on my menus. Your supper doesn't sound too bad, depending on how it was prepared and seasoned. Hopefully you will see an improvement tomorrow. Whenever I was a patient my family would bring me in food because of the poor quality of the meals and the fact that I'm such a picky eater. I hope that you are resting, are you able to sleep all right there?
I take a sleeping pill at night so it helps me sleep because I know I would be able to sleep here without it.
Hospital food when my Mother was in was fantastic..she could not get enough of it, so I had to keep ordering down to the kitchen
Oh that was great then
@Happy2BeMe It really was can't fault them on the food part.
the food was not bad.It was edible.LOL
Lol and some meals are just that
@LeaPea2417 (19768)
• Toccoa, Georgia
When I was 12 years old back in the 1970s, I spent time in the hospital and I honestly thought the food was great. I remember being able to pick the foods I wanted from the menu made my hospital stay a little less sad.
It is nice when you can make your own choices. What were you in the hospital for back then?
@LeaPea2417 (19768)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Happy2BeMe I was hit by a car in a grocery store parking lot. I had a lot of damage to my left leg with many surgeries. Luckily, I didn't lose my leg and can walk today.
@LeaPea2417 wow that sounds awful. Glad you are okay.
@Tina30219 (33573)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad to hear your breakfast was good and yesterdays dinner. I know hospital food can be pretty nasty sometimes. Last time I was in the hospital it was ok but was happy to be home and eating real food.
It will be a while before I feel like eating even real good..I gagged everytime I eat now. It's an awful feeling.
@Tina30219 (33573)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Happy2BeMe So sorry to hear this. Just stay hydrated even if you don't feel like eating right now
@Tina30219 that is what I am trying to do
@ridingbet (49678)
my hospital food when i was confined last year was the "low salt, low fat, less sugar" type.
That would have been pretty bland
@ridingbet (49678)
@Happy2BeMe i hope your diet restrictions will not be like mine.
@ridingbet I am sure they will be very restricted
@moffittjc (42031)
• Gainesville, Florida
When my mom was in the hospital last year after my father passed away, I couldn't believe the high quality food they were bringing her at every meal. Of course, she would barely touch it, but my brother and I had no problem making sure that food didn't go to waste! It was really delicious!
lol can't let good food go to waste
@moffittjc (42031)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Happy2BeMe I am a bottomless pit when it comes to eating, which means I am perpetually hungry. I will always be glad to take anyone's leftover food that they don't want! With me around, no food ever goes to waste! haha
@moffittjc Hahahaha
I two hospitalizations this year one fin February and one In May and both times i barely ate as I thought the hospital kichen was trying to poison me. Lat time i thin I only ate two or three days. It must have been and as they weighed at least once that I remember me and I know i lost ten pounds in that time
I know I am losing all kinds of weight here.
@Happy2BeMe I am thinking about always and sending you good wishes and hope you are better as soon as possible. I love you and wish you the best. Follow doctor's orders and I am sure you will be alright.
@Marty1 thanks for your sweet words. I love you to my friend.
Only time I stayed in the hospital was the one night i stayed for giving birth. And i was able to get food form out once the baby was here and i could actually eat. But always heard hospital food was gross. Glad its better now, at least at yours
There is not much variety though. I havr lost my appetite now. I couldn't care if I ate or not. Everytime I eat I Gag. It is a terrible feeling.
@Happy2BeMe thats not good.
Glad to see you here. =) I have when I was in labor. The food wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. They did have good coffee though.
The coffee is good here too. I was glad for that because I need my coffee.
@Happy2BeMe I understand, I felt the same way! Lol
I haven't had to stay in hospital lately but the menus I've seen for people I've visited have been pretty tempting.
Some aren't too bad
@FourWalls (13273)
The first time I was in the hospital for a stay it was Portsmouth Naval Hospital. The food tasted like the same crummy chow we got in the mess hall....obviously. I've heard that hospital food is much better, but I don't want to go in the hospital to find out.
I don't blame you
• Portland, Connecticut
It has been years since I was in the hospital and I thought the food wasn't as bad as we hear it is lol But then when I don't have to cook, I will eat just about anything.
It hasn't been too bad so far.
Yeah, I had one day admissions as part of this study which I mentioned earlier. The food was pretty good..a solid B.
Oh good
I thankfully haven't, but my Grandma and, Grandpa have, sometimes they liked the food, but they still wanted their own homemade food.
Nothing beats homemade food
Glad you get to choose from a menu now. My hospital stays started at age 5 for kidney disease, and I do know that the food had to be salt-free. Not sure how they got me to eat a thing.
It would be hard for a child
I was kind of surprised last time, I figured I would get a certain type of 'diabetic' tray, but I was able to choose from their regular menu...
That is good then
I've only been in overnight once when I was 13 but I can't recall what the food was like. I'm glad you're getting good food to eat, I hope you'll get the surgery you need really soon so that you can get back home.
Thanks
@TheSojourner (17448)
Yes, I was in the hospital five years ago for nine days. I don't think I ate much the first four days after my surgery, but what I do remember was decent.
That is good then