~So Far He Is Still Fighting~

Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone! I hope your having a good day so far. I have been productive this morning. Dishes are done, vacuuming is done, the baseboards are clean, the counters have been wiped down and the kids are all happy! =) Next I have to take care of the furry kids (my dogs) which I will do after I write this. Babysitting got changed for today so I won't be watching the kids, their father will have them. My husband is still working for now. He's not ready to give up his providing ability anymore than I am ready to be the provider. He is in pain every day but he's still fighting to keep working. I told him whenever he needs me to take over, I will do it. We have 4 free passes to skating and my husband said he wants to take the kids tonight so we might get out of the house-which would be really nice! =) They expire in the beginning of July so we might as well use them since we have them. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I will be here in between taking care of the kids and house.
I hope your husband gets well. Were you able to buy the meds?
@marguicha Thank you. Yes but now his back went out on him and he fell last week from it. =(
@LovingMyBabies Shouldn´t he be in bed for some time?
@marguicha He won't do that because he has a family to provide for. I have worked in the past for a few years and he hated not being the provider for the family.
Very productive. It's understandable that he doesn't want to stop yet. But hope he knows when enough is enough, and isn't the usual stubborn man most are. Also hope you guys can go do tge skating tonight. You need a fun night out
@Courtlynn He is stubborn because I think he's trying to make up for all of the times he didn't work. When we lived in NC it was y difficult for him to find a job so quite a few times I had to provide and he felt like less of a man from that. Thanks, I hope so too. We all need some fun!
@LovingMyBabies thats probably it. So sorry he feels like he has to push himself while sick
Praying that your husband's back pain will ease and hopefully become pain free. Does he wear a back brace when he works. I am sure he does. I wear one when I do heavy duty stuff and it helps.
@Corbin5 Thank you for praying. You know he doesn't, didn't even think of it. Where could he get one? He needs something that will help.
@Corbin5 Okay thank you so much! I will tell him about the plank exercises and the back brace. =)
@LovingMyBabies When I was younger my friend's husband had chronic back pain. They were told to do ice massage. They would take the small styrofoam cups, and fill them part way and freeze them. Then they would peel down the top to expose the ice, but the bottom part would have styrofoam for insulation so she could massage his back and not freeze her hands.
You have a very hard working husband but he has to be careful not to make the pain worse. Enjoy the skating tonight, you all need a diversion.
@marlina Yes I do. Yeah he's stubborn about working these days.
I'm sure it would be nice to get out of the house for awhile and the kids could enjoy the skating
@Marilynda1225 Yes it will. The kids love skating so it will be nice watching them have fun. =)
Its bad when someone is in pain and has to work, but more and more of us do it daily because we have to. But you do help with the bills by babysitting so its not like you do nothing to help with the income. I wish for him to feel better. I will be in and out of the house today since its not raining at the moment. Have a fun and wonderful day.
@andriaperry Yes it is. We each have to do what we need to do even if we don't always like it. Yes I do help by babysitting and that has gotten us out of jams many times financially! And I love saving money so many times I will put money back and my husband says thank God you did that. Well I hope you enjoy your day! =)
@TheSojourner (17448)
I admire you to do all you do. My mother had five of us. I don't know how she survived us all! Now that she is gone (for the past six years), I recognize how hard her life was. I hope your husband will take care of himself. He's a good man for wanting to be the provider but, at some point, he will need to realize he needs to ask for help. HUGS to you all!
@CoralLevang Thank you so much. =) Lol, I think being a mom and childcare provider comes naturally to me. I love it! Yes, he is stubborn when it comes to working now because for many years he was out of work for one thing or another. He hated when I had to be the provider in the past so he's dreading that now too.
@LovingMyBabies Is there any relief for him for his ailment?
@CoralLevang He doesn't even know what exactly is wrong with it. He just knows it's extremely painful and leaves him bent over. He can't find out what's wrong because we have no insurance and he needs testing done. He takes pain medicine the hospital gave him but he doesn't want to have to rely on that, he wants to be better and out of pain for good.
@jaiho2009 (39021)
Lucky wife for having a hard working husband Enjoy skating, have fun and take care
@jaiho2009 Absolutely, he works very hard to take of our family. =)
@jaiho2009 (39021)
@vsai2008 (7657)
Glad you got all your work done..
@vsai2008 Thank you! =)
@vsai2008 (7657)
That would be a nice outing for everyone. Have fun.
@Kandae11 Thanks so much! =)
@Freelanzer (8519)
You accomplished a lot so far for the day. Very productive indeed.
@Freelanzer Thank you! When I wake up with energy I get it all done right away. =)
@LeaPea2417 (19820)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Have fun skating, that sounds like a nice thing to do as a family. And I hope your husband feels better.
@Leapea2417 Thank you, plans actually changed and we aren't going. =( My husband is working late again.
@LeaPea2417 (19820)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies I am sure there will be another time when you all can do it.
@LeaPea2417 Yeah I'm sure we can go another time. =)
He is a good man. Skating sounds like fun. The kids will love that.
@Happy2beme Hey, it's good to see you hun and I pray you start feeling better really soon. He is a good man, I'm very blessed. =) They do love skating and they are excited to go.
@LovingMyBabies thanks Jennifer I sent you a PM to ask you a favor.
@Happy2BeMe I messaged you back. =)
@dianadee (1729)
• South Africa
Hope your husband get stronger soon and is out of pain.
@dianadee Thank you very much. =)
@dianadee (1729)
• South Africa
@LovingMyBabies Thinking of you..keep strong!
@dianadee Aw, thank you. =)
I hope the kids get to go skating that will be fun for them. Free is always good.
@jstory07 Thank you, yes they love it and it's free so why not? =)
@LovingMyBabiI hope your husband gets better so you do not have to support your family. Take care of your beautiful family.
@jstory07 Thank you so much. =)
The problem is that he could be doing more damage to his back by working. Can't you possibly work part time and he could work part time? It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other. He could rest at least part of the time I would hope.
@snowy22315 Yeah we both know that but I won't make anywhere near enough to cover the bills. He will make more than me any day of the week. We can't afford to live on what I would make, so he's putting it off for as long as possible.
@LovingMyBabies I wonder if he could hire an assistant to do more of the difficult work. I mean some young kid who might not mind being paid peanuts, or maybe even a volunteer from your church to help out.
@mandala100 (39279)
You are really so very busy today. See you later.
@mandala100 Yes I was. =)
@mandala100 (39279)
@LovingMyBabies Ok see you later my friend.
Yes my day was good too. So any plans for tomorrow?
@optimisticbeauty We did have plans but they changed since I have to babysit now. =(
@LovingMyBabies okay. How's your baby sitting going on?
@Tina30219 (33592)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope you are able to get out of the house and use the skating passes tonight and the kids have fun. Is the reason your husbands back hurts is because of a injury from work or something else?
@Tina30219 We didn't go but thank you. Maybe another time. His back hurts from working hard labor since he was a child. His parents didn't let him finish school-they took him out in middle school to work for the families tree company. Tree work itself is back breaking work, then he's done construction most of his life.
@Tina30219 (33592)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Sorry to hear you didn't go hopefully you get to go before the passes expire. I am so sorry to hear this has he thouvht of trying to get his ged at least. Hopefully when he goes to this free clinic they can help him and make him feel better. Maybe he should talk to them about getting a backbrace for when he is working at least.
Hope you are able to get out and aren't disappointed.
@celticeagle Yeah I was disappointed.
@LovingMyBabies .....I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get to church today and that hubby is getting better. Excited to hear that you know of a good clinic that will help him now.