Hotel California: Eagles Best Hit Ever

@KrauseHome (35533)
I am sure everyone here young and old, has heard of the Eagles. Maybe for those around my age you can remember when they became Big, and even were known to sing along with a lot of their songs. I will never forget when I first heard this song. Catchy music even once you know the words, and the true meaning behind this song. But still a classic. I used to always request it one place I used to shoot pool at yrs ago, so anytime I hear this song I feel like Cranking it, and sometimes with I was somewhere shooting pool.
I have the album (along with several others by them). I'm fond of the acoustic version from 'Hell Freezes Over'.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Yes, that is another good version of it as well.
The Hotel California is actually the Beverly Hills Hotel which I have passed countless times.
@spaceseed (2888)
aah great, never knew where it was
@KrauseHome (35533)
I am sure when people know that, it continues to be a Great place to want to visit.
@dramagirl26 (3345)
• Ringgold, Virginia
The Eagles are my favorite band and Hotel California is right up there with one of my top songs.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Yes, they do continue to be one of my favorites
I have an Eagle's CD around here somewhere. I am partial to "Heartache Tonight."
@KrauseHome (35533)
That is another Good one.
I agree with you Krause. I also like Desperado. I saw them perform many years ago.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Desperado is another good one. I think anytime you think of the Eagles there is not a Bad song made by them out there.
Yeah, this is a wonderful song. It is still very classical and sometimes I can hear it from the restaurants. It is a famous song.
@KrauseHome (35533)
This song really helped put the Eagles on the map.
Love that song to this day! I get goosebumps whenever I hear it.
Yes, that's cool... And it's "The Long Run"... that really gets the goosebumps going, here.
"No copyright infringement is intended"
@MarleneAM Know it well and it, too, is goosebump worthy. Going to give a listen right now. Thank you!
@DianneN Ha ha.. love it -- "goosebump worthy" ~ Thanks. Enjoy...
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
I have always liked their songs and so do my children. Other than Hotel California I love Take it to the limit and Lying eyes .. found some very interesting facts about Hotel California!
The back cover and gatefold photo of The Eagles "Hotel California" was not shot in The Beverly Hills Hotel lobby but rather in the lobby of the lower budget Lido Hotel on the corner of Yucca Street & Wilcox Avenue in Hollywood, California.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Yes there are a lot of interesting things out there regarding this song. Things that continue to help keep this the Classic hit that it is.
That's a great song, but my fave, and in fact one of my very favorite tunes ever is 7 Bridges Road.
@KrauseHome (35533)
When you start thinking about anything the Eagles have done especially from this Era, there is not really a Bad one and that is why they continue to be popular even still today.
It is a nice song even if it is kinda noisy but I liked it too.
@KrauseHome (35533)
I think that is why I liked it so much, especially while shooting pool.
I heard of the Eagles and I liked a lot of their songs.
@KrauseHome (35533)
They have some Great songs. Go to Youtube and you can find a lot of theirs.
@pgntwo (21924)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
One of their tracks, The Journey of the Sorcerer, is the title theme for the original Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - its success means many have ripped it off...
Didn't see this version on youtube so thought i'd add it
@KrauseHome (35533)
Interesting... I had never heard that before now.
@pgntwo (21924)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@KrauseHome Both the soundtrack, by The Eagles, and the original radio series of the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, really should be on the bucket-list of anyone who enjoys listening to radio comedy.
@mandala100 (48164)
@KrauseHome Yes you are right Hotel California is the Eagle's signature song.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Helped make them who they are today, and I am sure it is still one of their #1 requested songs still.
@mandala100 (48164)
@KrauseHome That's absolutely correct my friend.
I am old enough to remember the song, the lyrics and the meaning behind those lyrics.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Yes, the lyrics are interesting, and the meaning behind them as well. But because it is such a catchy tune it is one that continues to be a Big hit and people can recognize it from anywhere.
I don't know much about The Eagles, but I do love that song.
@KrauseHome (35533)
One of their best out there.
@FourWalls (14637)
From the day I bought that album, in 1976, I didn't care that much for this song. In fact, I did a list of my least favorite Eagles songs....and this came in at #2 ("Life in the Fast Lane" is #1 on my least-favorite list). If you're going to send me to a deserted island with one Eagles 45, it needs to be "Take It to the Limit." But that's the great thing about the Eagles: there's something there for just about everyone in their discography.
I have canceled your reservation at the Hotel California so you won't see a Tequila Sunrise. For a Desperado who likes to Take it to the Limit, you sure shy away from Life in the Fast Lane.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Interesting that you are not fond of this one. It just goes to show we are all allowed to have different tastes in music.
@KrauseHome (35533)
@JohnRoberts Good one :)
I totally agree with you on this one @KrauseHome a very lovely, haunting kind of song that just is GREAT to hear anytime !
@KrauseHome (35533)
I would never think of this one as haunting, unless you mean of one you think about sometimes at the most oddest moments.
@KrauseHome the lyrics to Hotel California clearly indicate entrapment in a place one never leaves . . . that can be sort of haunting if you want an escape and there is not one
• Prairieville, Louisiana
I love that song but love a lot of eagles hits.
@KrauseHome (35533)
I agree, this is my most Favorite of theirs but when you look back they have a lot of hits that are awesome.
@josie_ (7410)
I was in my twenties when this song came out. It was a favorite of live bands playing in night spots.
@KrauseHome (35533)
Yes and that song is still highly requested in a lot of places and Juke boxes yet today.
@nomus24g (24360)
that's an epic creation...every guitarist's aspiration to play the chords
@KrauseHome (35533)
So many people out there probably are wishing they could play this one. Such a creative hit.