Widowhood Does Not Mean ?

Garden Grove, California
Widow hod d oes not mean you havee to let people now push you around.You have to be your own cheerng section,You can fight your own battles,remember you are somebody you l Ike yourself and now stick up for you. You want scrambled eggs and bacon and the wsiter brought you eggs over easy and ham. You very sweetly tel the waiter he has the order wrong you ordered scrambled eggs and bacon, Almosdt every time the waiter will the n ' bring you the order you had asked for as you were not loud or mean with him. We cam stick up for our widowed selves if we do it nicely and kindly. I had to learn his as I had relied too much om my hubby so widow hood brought me up short Now over the years I learned how to get the right results without confronting someone in a spat. Keep your voice down and calm as you tell the person they brought the wrong item or wrong order. Most people will respond to gentle protest and make it right as you were mot abusive to them Being a widow does not mean letting others walk all over you as you are your cheering section aand sick up for yourself One original post and graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 20 17
Good advice for all of us. It does take time to gain courage when one has relied on another for many years.
yes really looking back I should have made 'more of an effort to do for myself bit he was one of a kind his love was unconditional but he taught me how to like myself, love myself and stick up for me too
@Hatley Your husband seems to have been a lovely man!
@mandala100 (35937)
@Hartley Thank you for this beautiful thoughts! How are you today my friend? Take care.
Im fine as I have stucl up for myself amd dd not ale no for an answer ether lol I do tale care
@mandala100 (35937)
@Hatley Ok my friend.
Yes you have to learn fast to stick up for yourself.
yes and nty son told m e to do it with kindeness as people will help you if you are pleasant about tjje problem as noone likes being screamed at and he was right
• Pamplona, Spain
Second bit you have written about Garland there is so lovely hats. I have to stand up for myself here a lot believe you me I have to.
yes I think most of us women have to a lot
• Pamplona, Spain
@Hatley Specially if you are from another Country like me. They make a habit of being rude sometimes. So I cut it short when I see them coming.
@silvermist (19804)
@Hatley,You are so very right.My mom was just like you said.
so it wasmyu husband who taught me how to stickup for my self so I have leranedto do it wit cetleness and that works
@silvermist (19804)
@Hatley Yes,It is nice to explain things patiently than being aggressive.Hope you have a good month ahead.
You are so right .
yes we wldows have to f end for yo urselves amd stick up for us we c annot let people run overus as we are all we have. I do not get mean but if I do not get what I asked or IL ; will tell them and ask nicely that it be ade right as I am the one responsible for me
You are very wise Patsie and this certainly is wonderful advice
thanks i inow we have to be positive and also ot let ouirselvesb e walkedom at all
Good advice!
thanks I learned the hard way but feel more secure o w
I already stick up for myself and my husband is still alive.
thats what we all should do too good for you I did it when my hubby was al ive because he would not let me wimp pot ut I became more adept at it latetely
@TheSojourner (17479)
When we have to fend for ourselves, we get tougher, but understand kindness. When we don't have to fend for ourselves, we risk being bullies.
Yes you have to focus on what you wanted for yourself even more and not allowing others to dictate you of what to do.
right and I have learned to di thhis but not by being abusive to others as that gets you no w here.
@prashu228 (25814)
Yes most people respond to gentle protests
yes I know I do myself lol
@hostessman (8892)
• Tucson, Arizona
i agree with you Patsie, you make sure you let people know you are your own person,,,,like it or leave it
YesI have l learneed to the hard ways so now I jusy do it' as a matter of fact
@responsiveme (14474)
Very good advice ...Yes we should stick to what we want but politely
ues as youget a lot m ore cooperation from people ifyou are polite