Oh dear, deer me!

I was doing a few things in the kitchen when I glanced out the window and spotted this girl meandering in the back. She was helping to weed eat around the pond and we thank her for that effort! She finally got out of the shadows and into the light where I could get a photo....then she spotted another deer eating corn and she flew in that direction. Unfortunately, the other deer is not good at sharing and chased this girl off. Not that a deer is afraid of what I say, but I did yell at the other deer to stop being so nasty! My husband gets a kick out of it when I talk to the deer, and more so when I reprimand them! Photo is mine obviously!
@valmnz (12623)
• New Zealand
How wobderful, first rabbits, now deer. You have a lot of wonderful friends there!
We see the deer more often as they are out and roaming the property from sun up to sun down. We especially love the little ones.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill I always talked to all the deer that were in my yard as I was gardening. They never ran away.
• Marion, Kansas
Well at least she was making herself useful.
Yes, they help keep things neat and trimmed!
@sueznewz2 (9332)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you talked to the other deer about sharing...., it's lovely watching the various wildlife that come into our gardens....
One time I told the mother doe to bring out her baby so I could see it - and not long after she did. I know it was purely accidental, but it made me smile.
@sueznewz2 (9332)
• Alicante, Spain
Also my husband has a funny reaction when I talk to the animals and reprimand them.
Glad I'm not alone in this LOL!
@AbbyGreenhill I was reprimanding a young kitten this morning because he was stealing the food of Willy and did not let him approach the bowl. Our garden is becoming a "Kitty Hotel".
@LadyDuck Start charging those free-loaders! They spread that word that food is out!
@HazySue (16697)
I would yell too. You never now what will get through to the deer. I love watching the deer grazing. They are such beautiful animals.
Yes they are and they are far from dumb animals. My husband puts corn out daily, in the same spot, at the same time. They know that. We always wonder what they do when we aren't' around for a few days.
@HazySue (16697)
@AbbyGreenhill When we lived in Pennsylvania we used to put out a salt lick along with the corn. I loved watching them.
@HazySue We always have a salt lick - even the buck licks it. We even saw a bunny licking it!
Maybe she is the mother.
Unless the fawns are with them it's hard to tell who is a mom and who isn't. But this girl is young.
@AbbyGreenhill ......Interesting.
@nanette64 (13206)
• Fairfield, Texas
Some people just don't get that we know "critter talk" @AbbyGreenhill .
I wish Ruby understood me better!
@nanette64 (13206)
• Fairfield, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill LOL. I feel ya.
@Tracy04 (10696)
Sorry to ask, but the deer is your pet?
No, they just live in the woods and my husband gives them deer corn so they come often.
@Tracy04 (10696)
@AbbyGreenhill it's nice to see that animals come to your place to keep you company
when we talk to them.They scooted of.
They stand there and watch us in the pool and we think it's because they are interested in what Ruby is doing.
@AbbyGreenhill If it was Ms.Ruby here she will try to chase them and bark.
@LeaPea2417 (14690)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Wow, that is a big deer not too near your house!
I am sure they come close to the house in the front - my husband sees their prints in the dirt in front. In back they stay behind the fence. She is a good size but we have a few 'moms' that are huge. They were out this morning, one has twins and one has a single.
@LeaPea2417 (14690)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@AbbyGreenhill Interesting!
A great photo and what a pretty deer she is too.
I love the color they are at this time of year. Thanks.
Are you the Deer Whisperer?
I sure am and the Bunny Whisperer and the Husband Whisperer too.
We have plenty of those animal people around our area..I don't talk to them though.
I talk to rocks, I prefer talking to things that don't talk back LOL!
You the new Deer Whisperer huh?!!
Good one LOL - yes, that's me!
@AbbyGreenhill You should have your own tv series now!
@allen0187 Wild KIngdom LOL!
@akp100 (13191)
Nice photo there. And I must say wonder surrounding you have there. Here in the city its kind of boring view outside.
Thanks, yes, in the country we have lots of interesting things to see, and always changing.
@akp100 (13191)
@AbbyGreenhill It is always good to have surrounding like that around home. It makes life peaceful for sure.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I talk gently to deer, chirp angrily at squirrels, and peep at birds. Maybe I actually AM crazy.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Hahaha,
@sallypup (20876)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That is one healthy looking helper.
We have a few that are huge,but deer in TN tend to be on the smaller size. Not like those up north.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
When I lived in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, we had so many deer in our yard. At one time we had almost 10, some moms and some babies. I always talked to them and some would be in my yard as I was gardening. I learned how to plant the right things that the deer did not like. It was challenging until I figured it out. I spent a lot of money on plants before I got it right.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Beautiful scenery