What celebrities grew up in the same place you did?

@sissy15 (5385)
After having a conversation with Stacy and Sishy I found myself thinking about how different we all are and a lot of that has to do with the place we grew up. I don't care how far you travel from where you grew up I think that it usually holds a place in our hearts because that's where we had our beginning. I started thinking about all of the famous people that have hailed from where I currently reside, which I consider this place my hometown as I have lived here the majority of my life. I spent the first 12 years of my life in a tiny town about 20 minutes from here but even then I always came here to do anything and I was born and I had my son here so to me this is home. Where I live is more well known for its university so we have had a lot of actors and writers go to college here like Tim Conway, Eva Marie Saint, and James Pickens Jr to name a few, but probably the most well known person that actually grew up from here is Scott Hamilton, he was born in Canada but was adopted by a family from here. We make such a big deal of it that we even have his name on our signs when you first enter town and we renamed a street after him. Just north of us in a bigger city, they often say we're considered a suburb of but I always felt we were too far out to be considered a suburb but whatever, Jamie Faar and Katie Holmes are from there. Now no one wants to live there, Katie lived in a gated community and went to a private school so she didn't have to deal with a lot of what others have to deal with who live there. Her dad was a lawyer or is a lawyer I don't remember if he practices anymore so they had money. I know everyone makes a huge deal when she comes back to visit family. I personally hate going there for anything, but unfortunately, that's where a lot of my son's doctors appointments are and if you want to do anything remotely fun you basically have to go there, they used to have a good part and a bad part but anymore it's basically all bad unless you go into the nicer areas which are the suburbs like where Katie grew up which is close to where my brother now lives. That being said what famous celebrities are from where you are from? Any interesting stories? Do you know anything about them? It's just interesting to hear about.
@Miria44 (100)
Well am from dubai, and we have a prince here and that is it. But it is hot.
@Srbageldog (8246)
The most notable person from here is Juan Corona, a serial killer who murdered a ton of migrant workers back in the '70s. Apparently at one point he and his brother worked in my great grandpa's orchard, and everyone knew that they were killing people, which is really awful if you think about it. We have some actors who were from here too. Charlotte Stewart, who played the school teacher Miss Beadle on "Little House On the Prairie" was from here. And we have some athletes who were/are from here. Brock Stassi, Philadelphia Phillies first baseman and his dad Max Stassi, Houston Astros catcher. Max Stassi was actually a P.E. teacher at my high school and my brothers went to school with Brock. They are always in the newspaper but I wonder if anyone's even heard of them outside of this area. Leanne Marshall, who was the season 5 winner of "Project Runway" is also from here. Also the author of "A Child Called It" lived here for a while. And of course there's me. I'm not famous yet but I will be. ;) Haha
Oh, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas was from Roseville, which is not too far from here. About a half hour drive.
@sissy15 (5385)
Yeah, I don't know much about sports lol. I know who Scott Hamilton is for obvious reasons and I know who Ben Rothlisburger (I guarantee the spelling is incorrect and I'm too lazy to look up the correct spelling) who plays for the Steelers, Cory went to school with Ben and says he's a jerk. Ben went to Cory-Rawson and then Findlay. Oh, the girl that plays Lou on Bunk'd is from here as well. I didn't know that about the Child called It author, well I think you did tell me once in passing but I didn't know before that. There are others from here too that I can't currently think of but yeah it's interesting to see where some people come from. I know one day you'll be famous lol, I'll then have to get your autograph and sell it for big bucks lol.
@sissy15 (5385)
@Srbageldog I would have loved not being far from him when I was a kid lol, I used to have a crush on him when I was much younger.
@shikharava (1863)
If I tell you that, then I can't be anonymous anymore People will know where I grew up
@sissy15 (5385)
Yeah, I don't mind people knowing where I'm from to a certain degree but I don't give out my name or anything, I am semi anonymous on here but not entirely. This question is more for those who don't want to remain completely anonymous. Some people are also from bigger cities like New York where if people figured out they were from there it wouldn't be a huge deal because the size of it is pretty overwhelming.
@sissy15 yeah, but that's not the case for me, though I hope you don't mind
@sissy15 (5385)
@shikharava I don't mind. It was just directed towards those who wanted to join in. I by no means expect everyone to answer or for that matter anyone if they don't want to. It was just something I know some people might like to talk about.
I live in an area where many celebrities go to ski and there are many that have places here. Up north that is. Central state area. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and ex wife. More I am sure.
I don't know of any that I can speak of. However, quite a few own property in our state. Michael J. Fox is one that comes to mind.