If a brother commits a crime, why should his sister be punished?

@gilggg (2667)
Israel
I read a shocking article today about a city council in Pakistan replacing the court in a remote location in the country of Pakistan, which sentenced a boy who raped a 12-year-old girl (I don't put a link because it's in Hebrew). The punishment he received was that his 16-year-old sister should be raped ... It is unbelievable how barbarous this culture can be cruel and unjust ... When I read such things I certainly think that Western education should be promoted in such dark countries. Does anyone have an explanation of how they think? Can you understand it?
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
OMG that's indeed barbaric. What kind of laws are that? The sister did nothing wrong so it is not right to punish her for her brother's crime. I hope that there will be someone in Pakistan to protest against that.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
Yes I will suport anyone who will protest against it
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
@gilggg So will I. Don't they have human protection in Pakistan. How can the government allow such a thing to happen
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@Nawsheen It looks like they are far away from civilazation like in another world or era.
@topffer (34162)
• France
In some primitive tribes, when a member of a family commits a crime all the family is responsible for the crime... They have just not evolved in the past thousands years.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
It is very difficult for me to understand and accept this logic: that a person commits a crime and that someone else is punished ...
@topffer (34162)
• France
@gilggg It is like that, personal responsibility does not exist in primitive criminal laws, there is only a collective responsibility. There is only about 2500 years that we changed our mind about this in Western Europe, some people need more time.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@topffer Unfortunately you're probably right...
@mandala100 (43627)
@gilggg Was this incident reported in any major cable news TV or any newspapers my friend? Assuming that it is true, that is against International Human Rights and against the concept of Justice my friend. Pakistan is a member of the U.N. I think and as such is bound by the Universal Declaration On Human Rights. (UDHR)
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
It was publish today in a hebrew big news site: No human rights in Pakistan
??????? ??????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ???? ?? ??? ?????, ??????? ?????? ??????? - ????? ??? ????. 14 ???? ????? ??? ????? ???? ????? ????? ????, ???? ???? ?? ???? ????? ????
@mandala100 (43627)
@gilggg Ok my friend. This is not really good.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@mandala100 It so sad that in 2017 we heard about those such primitive and barbaric acts
@1hopefulman (28612)
I saw that shocking judgment but I read also that it was being investigated and arrests have been made.
Village elders in Pakistan ordered the rape of a 17-year-old girl after her brother was accused of raping another girl.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I am pleased to see that at least someone there is trying to correct the injustice done here.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@gilggg Me too! When I saw the news article, I thought I had seen every sick thing in the news but I was wrong.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@1hopefulman Hope that this incident will be the last one, and justice will done appropriately.
This is very shocking. I don't know how this sort of thing gets stopped. What are the authorities thinking?
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I heard here from @1hopefulman that he find an article in cnn.com about this case and the authorities of the country start investigate and arrest...
@1hopefulman (28612)
@gilggg This is the latest update I found on this horrible crime.
@1hopefulman Thanks for that.
Oh, my how barbarous indeed the punishment is. Why should her sister be punished too! I hope something could be done to reverse such sentence.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I read that the authorities of the country start investigate and make some arrests...
@gilggg That is good to hear then. It's high time that this practice should be stopped.
@Tracy04 (10877)
Huh? Wow. I can't believe that's the punishment. So.... Crazy. Sorry to say that.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
Those kinds of pubishment should be vanish from our world.
@Tracy04 (10877)
@gilggg I know right! Where are the rational of human nowadays
That sounds incredibly ridiculous; however what is generally written by media moguls is rarely the truth . . .
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
Unfortunately, I have already seen this news on several news sites. But I wish you were right and that is not true ...
@gilggg oh gosh I am at a loss for words because emotional response would elicit curse words and we are not permitted to write such words on here but this is infuriating to say the darned least
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@enlightenedpsych2 I hope the injustice will be corrected and those who created with it will be prosecuted by the state authorities in Pakistan so that such cases will not repeat themselves.
That's a barbaric behavior. Unbelievable!
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I was shoked when I read it, it's sound to me so Cruel
@gilggg I think some country's culture is incomprehensible for me.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@Shavkat This country is part of our world and it bothers me to hear about thise kind of acts happen there ... This country is also a member of the UN and makes decisions on other countries ...
@dollaboy (6232)
Totally Ridiculous to say the least. I am ashamed to hear this news
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
It is sad to hear that there is no equality of rights and justice in 2017 in this country - they certainly need to start promoting and educating their society to be more humane
@dollaboy (6232)
@gilggg Wish they do that soon
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@sol_cee (15535)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Literally an eye for an eye.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
In fact it is the eye of his sister under the eye of the victim.
@sol_cee (15535)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@gilggg Terrible version.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@jobelbojel (7178)
That's inhumane. I cannot understand why the sister needs to suffer.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I was shocked when I read it, I don't understand that either..
@gilggg I was shocked as well.
Was there some in English and the rest in Hebrew?
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
It was an article from the site ynet.co.il in Hebrew. But @1hopefulman also found it in the site cnn.com in English.
@gilggg Thanks Gil.
That is barbaric!!!! No other explanation.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I am so agree with you. I hope that the legal authorities of the State of Pakistan will put order in the justice and justice system in remote and small villages so that such acts will not recur.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
That is just so wrong, it gave me goosebumps to just read it. I hope that country stops being evil soon.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
So do I....
All I can say That is a stupid punishment. Why should his sister be raped. She did nothing.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I 'm so agree with you.
@dgobucks226 (12201)
I am at a loss, this is unthinkable, so very sad and unjust
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I hope things will be change there, with progress in the world, and the Pakistani people will protest against such cases and will not let it happen again.
that is purely injustice
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I am so agree with you.
wow. just wow. that's terrible.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
I was shcked when I read it It's just injustice done here.