Those phone calls that offer what I don´t want to buy...

Chile
make me ANGRY! The phone rings, I get up, turn on the light so I don´t fall, reach the phone and an unknown voice starts offering all sorts of things I will not buy. Most of the times they want me to leave the company of my cell phone and buy another one. I say NO! and hung up. But today they were selling me a plot in the cemetery. JEEZZZ!!! I´m not that ill nor that old. And when I die, I guess my daughters will have to think what to do with my remains. I have this OCD with the phone. If it rings, no matter where I am, I ran to pick it up. Sometimes I´m in the shower and I could slide in the bathroom with my wet feet, and end up having a serious fall. Lately I unhook the receiver and take my cell phone to the bathroom. You never know if, finally, those people who sell plots for the dead, will get their corpse Do you receive these calls where you live?
• Beijing, China
yeah,I can receive not less than 5 such calls every day, but there is no solution, I'm so helpless
There should be a law that ensures our privacy.
• Beijing, China
@marguicha But now there are no specific laws, so this is annoying
@cancergirl There should be, and same with scams online.
Everyday I received many kinds of calls and most of them are just rubbish. So after I hung up the phone, I will filter that phone number into the black list so that I will not receive their calls again. I have to pick up all the phones in case I miss one concerning about work.
You can do that in your cell phone, but not in the old one.
@cahaya1983 (5965)
Not that often, fortunately. I installed an app that lets me search for those "spammy" numbers and block them.
Maybe I could do that too.
@mandala100 (23917)
@marguicha Those kind of calls are really very annoying my friend. Nope my friend don't have those kind of calls.
Is there a law against them where you live?
@mandala100 (23917)
@marguicha You could be charged of unjust vexation against other or invasion of privacy maybe my friend.
@mandala100 That´s nice. Here we even get machine calls from politicians in times of elections.
@Asylum (45969)
• Manchester, England
Yes I do and they annoy me as well. If I was interested in their products I would be telephoning them instead.
They call at least once a day offering phone plans. But yesterday, when I was offered a plot in an elegant cemetery, I was angry. My idea is that my daughters will see what to do with that (and with other things such as inheritances and the like.
@Asylum That was exactly the call that angered me.
@Asylum (45969)
• Manchester, England
@marguicha It would not have bothered me a great deal, but my brother was furious.
I like to have fun with those bozos, I start talking to them and ask if I can get something for free and stuff like that, I love wasting their time which ends up making them angry because they are not allowed to hang up on me. I have put a few phone numbers in the block feature of my cell phone, especially those that try to sell warranties for my car.
that is a really good one @marguicha too bad you can't waste their time though, it's too funny when you can tell they want to hang up but cannot because you are still talking.
@rebelann Before this new system, if you did not hang up, their phone could not work to make another call. I used to do that. But now we can end the call from both ends.
True @marguicha but telemarketers are told not to hang up unless their target did so since I'm the target I just keep them on the phone .... I always ask them really stupid questions and sometimes I even feel sorry for them.
@dollaboy (6370)
Nope, I don't. I have registered my number in Do Not Disturb thing and I never receive any such misleading calls
There used to be something like that here, but not anymore.
@dollaboy (6370)
@marguicha I'm sorry, hope they revive that again
@dollaboy In this sort of society, they don´t care for people
@hereandthere (20923)
on my phone, i always get this text message about a sale. on the landline, we get calls offering more cable channels.
The most I get is for better plans in my cell phone from another company.
@marguicha i told them we don't need them and if they could delete us from their list. the text message, however, hit an all time low by texting me at 3am!
@hereandthere Messages are easier to manage. You can turn off your cell phone while you sleep. No bells ringing
I also feel pissed off with call center agents sometimes. They are so persistent. But I usually need to cut off the conversation.
Most of the times, I just hang up.
@marguicha If I am in a bad mood, I will hang it up, too.
@Shavkat i just hang out when I´m in a good mood. When I am not, I tell them what I think.
@seldom (2671)
• Albania
I say to them to stay away. Usually they call to three times until they forget my number.
I think in my country they have lists of people. The list does not forget.
@seldom (2671)
• Albania
@marguicha I say them to forget my number or strike it from list, they do but after a while. We can also ask for exclusion from phone book, then no merchant will call because they get list of people they should not call.
@seldom You are lucky.
@MoonMaa (244)
I sure do. My phone rings all day. If I don't recognize the number I don't pick up. It's deb consolidation places. Then one was about loans for school. People selling insurance.
It should be against the law.
@Neiltarquin (1120)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
You can actually change that. Call your telephone company provider to change the setting of your phone number. It like setting your phone number into private and will not display your number on the telephone directory.
I think that all that is online now.
@Nawsheen (22907)
• Mauritius
Oh yes we do receive those annoying calls too and unfortunately we can't do much about it.
I cn hang up AFTER I have run to the phone.
I only get those fake "you won a trip to _____" calls, or those "...on your electric bill..." calls which i dont have one so.. i then just hang up
I hung up, but I have already gone to the phone and all that.