Trend setter

@BarBaraPrz (17970)
St. Catharines, Ontario
I'm a trend setter. I've mentioned before that I've been trying to whip my front yard into something resembling a lawn. One of the things I did was edge back the grass at the sidewalk and cleared out the weeds that were growing at the curb. Yesterday, my next door neighbor got out her weedwhacker and tackled hers. Just now, a neighbor across the street did his. I hope they're not all secretly cursing me for showing up their lackadaisical lawn maintenance.
I would be I live in the country so no one can mind my yard full of dandelions.
@BarBaraPrz (17970)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
As long as you don't mind, it does give the bees and butterflies a smorgasbord.
@BarBaraPrz I dry the roots and grind them and steep them for tea. Tastes just like the dandelion root tea from the health food store
You are doing good Barbara..they will have to keep up with you.
@BarBaraPrz (17970)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
And I hear another weedwhacker up the street...
• Marion, Kansas
You are not "showing them up" you are encouraging them and giving them reasons to hope. Good job.
@BarBaraPrz (17970)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Thanks.
You aren't showing then up you are being trendy...lol. It is a good thing to get out and do some yard work, I always found it self satisfying.
I wonder. Glad we have yard worker with the housing here. They do a nice job. Being a household of depressed individuals it would be very hard for us to keep up on it. Hope you are able to get yours all done and that you don't have the heat we are having here.
@BarBaraPrz (17970)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I find working in the garden helps ban depression.
@BarBaraPrz ......That's good. If we get depressed it is good to have things that help us feel better.
Yes, you showed them up, alright. Oh well, you will be living in a neighborhood with lovely lawns thanks to the trend you set.
@BarBaraPrz (17970)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I hope so.
@sishy7 (27749)
Ooh... you'll have the whole neighborhood with nicely manicured lawn in no time...