Whom did you purchase your life insurance?

@peachpurple (12176)
Malaysia
Life insurance is not a compulsory law in my country but most people would buy at least one life insurance policy just in case , you know touch wood. Now, you can buy life and medical insurance online or off line. By means off line is to purchase the policy from an insurance agent that is a stranger to you, a friend or your relative. So, whom did you buy the insurance from ? AS far as I know, insurance agents are money minded. My relative who had sold me the policy said that he had earned 6 years of commission. After that, he does not have to attend to my needs anymore because he doesn't earn a single cent. My insurance is still active, tenth year. Is that what you call a service from insurance agent?
That is annoying. Can you look elsewhere for better or cheaper policies? I get a small one through my job.
@peachpurple (12176)
@maezee I am looking online now, found some companies do have agents while others, you can buy direct from the company.
The only insurance we have is car insurance and health insurance. Car because it's compulsory by law and health because we want to be covered in case of serious illness. We don't have life insurance. I hate insurance agents, it doesn't matter if they are strangers to you or a close relative. Their priority is always money first. Never met an insurance agent with a good heart.
@peachpurple (12176)
i agree with you 100%, these agents are materialistic people who look at insured as money trees