Fell off the diet bandwagon

I have had a great 6+ months of working out and eating rigt. These past couple of days I have totally lost motivation, am exhausted and seemingly CONSTANTLY hungry! I did notice after getting back from vacation the scale showed me 2 pounds heavier. Haha. I wonder if my exhaustion could be related to cutting back on caffeine (am on day 6 of no diet sodas or energy drinks) or just in general from transitioning back into working the night shift. Either way...Ill be forcing myself to go to the gym tomorrow (havent been in 3 days, thats quite bad for me!) And maybe that will give me some energy? Any words of wisdom are more than welcome!
Could be either or both.. i hope you make it to the gym tomorrow and get that energy back up
Me too! I will definitely force myself. Maybe the lack of energy is from not going to the gym? Hmm
@maezee maybe
It probably is, because I get tired more with out coffee too.
That was my only thought....
@dgobucks226 (12105)
Depending upon the amount of caffeine you were consuming daily it would affect you by making you a bit tired. But more important is your shift change. Our bodies get used to routines and by changing shifts you've changed your body clock. That would explain your current exhaustion. The overeating is a mental thing brought on by your change in routine. You need to reestablish a healthy routine which looks like you are determined to do now. Best of luck Maezee!
Thanks for your insight! I usually switch around my schedule anyway on weekends to a day time schedule and have been doing so for 7 months. So that is why I am suspicious now... lol. Thanks for your help. I know once I get into the routine again Ill be golden.
I hope you will be ok in the end. I went a week with no coffee. I drank 4 cups today. I won't have more for weeks. You will lose the to pounds in the gym.
I think so. I just hope I feel more energized after a while. Otherwise I am totally going back to diet sodas and energy drinks (hopefully with more moderationthis time). By the way you must have been bouncing off the walls!
@Paocz28 (314)
I can relate to this as I also shift schedules. Our body clock is affected by it and our stamina and appetite will also be. I stopped coffee because of acid reflux which maybe a good thing. I feel that you will be able to go back to your healthy you the soonest.
I have stop my usual routine again last month, it's just hard to keep up when there are other errands. Now, im saving to buy a new bike treadmill better than the old one i have here.