Moving

I have moved hmm maybe 10 or 12 times in my life. Where I live now is the place I have lived the longest since I was a child. I plan to move ASAP from here..so I don't feel that I am nearly done with my moves. Although this is a nice house, and I don't hate it here, there are too many drawbacks. Are you someone who has moved a lot or moved a little in your life?
Not counting college years, I lived in two houses with my parents and am on the third with my husband, not counting our vacation home in Florida. We love our house and town and have no plans to move in the foreseeable future.
That's good!
@snowy22315 Where are moving? I'd kill myself if I had to move right now. lol
@DianneN My plan is to move closer to Richmond. Richmond is a great city..lots to do there.
14 times in my life. I do hope this house is the last one, but the state of IL stinks so much, maybe one more move.
Would you move out of IL?
@snowy22315 Yes, we are only here due to my 96-year-old dad. He is receiving excellent care in the town in which he has lived for decades, and moving Dad to a new place would be too upsetting for him. Our son is here and my sister, but our son may upgrade his job in another state, and we would all follow when the time was right.
@Corbin5 That might be fun..
@Dena91 (4255)
I've moved 6 times. Not a fan of it.
It depends, if it is for the best it is...but sometimes it is just a new set of issues.
I moved a lot in my life. I want to be here forever though. I am paying $68 more for the unit i am in. If I move my rent will be that much less. So I plan to move. But not unless I have no way way to cover the $68
I probably won't die if I have to stay here..but I want an area where it is not so far to go to do things. I feel isolated here.
I don't like moving, so I'm lucky I haven't moved too much. At least not after the age of four.
I find it exciting to move..but you really have to look at all the options. I mean when I moved here I loved the house and the lake..the fact that this area doesn't really have much else going for it..and has no good services like the cities do never really factored into my decision and it should have!
@snowy22315 I have lived in this apartment complex for 11 years, but in my particular apartment for six years. I like living on the top floor of the building way more than the bottom floor.
@AmbiePam don't you have to tote your groceries upstairs?
I have moved 40 times now. I hate it with a passion. I'm ready for my family to settle down and live somewhere for years.
You have to take the steps to make that happen.
@snowy22315 Well my husband works very hard and so do I. But he doesn't make a whole lot from not having an education. Not a whole lot more we can do....
@LovingMyBabies I mean try to get on a housing list..and improve your credit perhaps so you can do a rent to buy thing..You might have to get creative..There are consumer counseling services, and housing counselors that might be able to help. You have to explore all your options if you want something different. Good Luck, I know it's hard!
• Peoria, Arizona
I have moved 4 times in my life and 2 out of 4 I was a baby so I don't remember anything. But I have lived in the same run down house for over 20 years, minus 5 months of bad mistakes.
I have to come up with plan B if I can't sell the house. I am not going to sell it for peanuts. It is kind of my retirement..I guess.
Since my husband and I moved to TN in 2001, we moved three more times. In my life I lived in 17 different homes.
I haven't even counted all the places I have lived.
@snowy22315 You said 10-12
@AbbyGreenhill It is an estimate not cast in stone. It might be more.
@Tracy04 (10839)
Moved.... Let's see.... Once with my family, twice when I further studies. Oh wait does moving to a hostel counts?
I suppose it depends on how long you were there.
@Tracy04 (10839)
@snowy22315 umm.... About 4-5 years?
I moved a lot when my children were young but then settled into a nice house where we all lived for a long time. When my children married and moved out that's when I decided to sell and move here to Pennsylvania to be closer to them all. I hope I don't have to move again as I'm settled here and love it but if the HOA fees keep going up it might get to a point where I'll have to move again.
Yes, that is the same with my mortgage..every year it goes up..and I want to move somewhere where I don't have one.
@snowy22315 everything keeps going up and my money doesn't increase so I guess one day I'll be forced to move but hopefully that won't be for a long time
I moved a lot since my Dad was in the Army.
My parents have lived in the same small house since I was 9 years old. I think I would be a bit claustrophobic living there actually, but it doesn't seem to bother them too much. They do have a garage, patio and basement so they can move around a bit if they need to.