An invitation from the site-owner

Bunbury, Australia
We’ve had a very full day. We’ve driven most of the day apart from a stop to see an old church in Nouans-les-Fontaines where we saw a painting entitled ‘Pieta of Nouans’. The artist was Jean Fouquet. We paid our 2 euro and the painting became illuminated. A woman with a very heavy French accent spoke to us in English about the painting. We then went next door to view more of his works and to read more about him. As there was a charcuterie just across the road we were purchased some cold meat and salad for our lunch. After some more travelling, we came to our destination which was the Chateau of Chenonceau. There were hundreds of cars and motor-homes in the parking area but we joined the queues and spent a very enjoyable few hours going through the chateau. Now we’ve settled into a camping site but I couldn’t resist showing you all the notice that appears on the window into the office of the site. I’ll write about the other sites once I get my wits about me again.
@Platespinner (18067)
I don't think it's really meant the way it sounds.
@JudyEv Probably not...that's the fun part of trying to function in multiple languages. Even in just english it's easy to say something we don't really mean. When I was in college I replied to the "how are you today?" of a male acquaintance with a distracted "I need a screw." The look on his face was priceless, and my face turned beet red when I realized what I had said. What I really needed was a screw to reattach the arm of my glasses.
@Platespinner I can only imagine his look. He might have thought all his Christmases had come at once. That is so funny.
I am behind on your trip, I need to go back and read the discussions I missed.
There is so much to talk about. I'm probably over-doing the number of posts I'm putting up but when I get home I'm going to not put any up for a week - just go back and catch up too on others' posts.
@JudyEv at least for me I love your vacation posts! I look forward to reading them! Can I ask another question? How do you find all the great sites you post about here? They are all so fascinating! Are they all tourist destinations? it seems like they are hidden gems? Do you speak French spending so much time in France?
@Marty1 I just speak enough French to get by. Everywhere we go I pick up brochures about different places and sometimes we decide to visit one of them.
Now, that is one hilarious sign, but oh so clever!!!
I think it was a genuine slip rather than being a deliberate attempt at being clever.
That sign is just too funny !
I don't suppose he/she meant it.
@JudyEv Probably some translation oops . We see stuff like this on Asian packaging all the time (though it's not an invitation to the toilet ).
@much2say Some of the translations are terrible. I'd love to get a job fixing it up.
@xFiacre (10367)
@judyev There's a man who knows how to show a girl a good time.
Except that it might be a girl. A lass looked after us - and she speaks four languages. I now feel very inadequate.
@xFiacre (10367)
@JudyEv Ok hate that. It's just showing off!! Sometimes in France I pretend that Irish is my mother tongue and I condescend to speak in English just to look awfully clever.
@xFiacre I have to admit her English wasn't much better than my French but with Spanish and Portuguese she beats me hands down. And do you think you look awfully clever? Or maybe just awful? Or just clever?
That is unintentionally perverse.
It made us smile.
I can tell you are having a wonderful vacation.
There isn't much I can grumble about.
Is he inviting people into the toilet?
He or she. It would seem so wouldn't it? Sometimes I wish they'd get an English person to correct their signs but if they produce a laugh, that's good too.
• Riga, Latvia
That is amusing. Hope you get rested and have a good night.
We're just about to go down to the office now and get our baguette so all is well.
It is great you are still in Europe and have visited so many tourist attractions ,scenic spots and historical sites.
We are very lucky to be able to do this. We wouldn't have been able to do it if we didn't have the van for our accommodation and weren't able to cook our own meals.
@JudyEv I am not sure if the van you mentioned is a motor home.
@changjiangzhibin89 Sorry yes, the van is a motor-home. In Europe they seem to call them mostly camping-cars.
@sueznewz2 (9331)
• Alicante, Spain
I bet you've seen a few of those dodgy translations... they make you smile though ...
Yes, we've come across quite a few. Some are funnier than others.
@sueznewz2 (9331)
• Alicante, Spain
The English translation is hilarious, of course he was not "in the toiled".
We come across a few translations that cause us to giggle a bit.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You're seeing so many interesting places. Glad you're having so much fun.Love the sign.
I don't think they really meant to say what they've said but I'm sure no-one will take them up on the offer.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@JudyEv Very unlikely.
@Jackalyn (6644)
• Oxford, England
Such a funny notice! I hope that the site lives up to expectations . You seem to be having such a nice holiday. Thank you for sharing your travels here because it's so lovely to be able to share them.
I'm glad you're enjoying our travels too. It's always nice to have friends along.