Suddendeath poetry challenge: Dance

Centralia, Missouri
Anyways, rules are as follows, write a poem in any style using the five words that I give you. Write it in one sitting or in under an hour (only to quash your inner editor, rules are loose there). Add it here, OR link in a comment so we can enjoy each other's poems. The words can be in any plurality or tense. Today’s words are: need, courage, passion, strength, dance She danced through fire She danced through pain Her passion she thought lost As she stepped in the rain. But courage kept her going, The light in her eyes, Strengths she could not see Ones she could not disguise, She needed to be, She needed to be seen Passions that needed honored Need that cut though keen. Who is she you ask? She is both you and I, Search your heart and your mind, I think you’ll see why.
Here, I joined!
Provoked into action by Jekca! Rules are as follows, write a poem in any style using the five words that I give you. Write it in one sitting or in under an...
Okay, if I had seen this first I wouldn't have tagged her
@JolietJake I like yours! It really captures the struggle of trying to keep a piece of equipment alive that is far more than just a piece of "equipment."
@Pennicash @JolietJake thanks for making sure we all connected! lol I hope P ends up liking it on here too! I saw the other, and really do love it!
Just love your poem. Only a short one came to mind. Here it is. She felt the need for a dance The passion was rising As the music became louder It took her great courage and strength But once she got out on the dance floor – she became the Dancing Queen.
oh now i have Dancing queen stuck in my head. haha Anyways, lovely piece!
@alberello75 (17969)
• Genova, Italy
Dear Jessica. After almost a month, I can finally commit again to compose a poem. My parents were DANCE teachers they also had the keys to the gym, as keepers! But now they are a little older, then they have no more STRENGHT Every effort for them seems too lenght! They did not lack COURAGE Which is the opposite of discourage! (No, they do not!) You know for the dance, it NEED PASSION Even here, question of fashion! Ok. Now after this I ask to you Jessica, if you like to dancing.
I like it, I am terrible at it! lol And I enjoyed your poem!
@alberello75 (17969)
• Genova, Italy
@Jessicalynnt Ok, Thank you for informations
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
AGE My hours in this specific place a Dance Macabre the need to heft the shovel and pick ax unbalanced; passion in a spinal X-Ray, its not courage or strength that pits me against: vanity, plain, simple stares me in the eye those mornings I dare to confront her in the mirror.
oh wow! as always your stuff makes me stop, think and reread! I loved it!
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Thank you again for the kick in the posterior.