Who you love...

By Toni
These days people find it too easy to find love through the internet. There are too many dating sites. Some were successful, others were victims of scams, while others just got frustrated. People in their teens and even in their 60s are searching for someone they could love. I really wonder why they have to search for it. Could someone enlighten me why they need to seek love from different parts of the world? And of course I'm talking about romantic love. Photo is my Sookie being courted by a male cat, but she refused him. She isn't looking for love!
@alberello75 (10969)
• Genova, Italy
I have also heard of unfortunately talking about these telematic scams for the search for an ideal partner! However to me, this does not concern. I'm gay declared, but I want to be alone, I do not look for company. I just have to stay with my mother (at least for now).
Yeah, I know about your gender preference. You've told me long time ago when we were in RO2. It's a matter of choice what we do in our life and as of the moment, it is your choice to be with your mom.
@alberello75 (10969)
• Genova, Italy
@toniganzon In fact, it is my choice. Maybe many would have to criticize me at my age of 42. But I don't mind. On RO2, I remember more or less were the years 2010-2011.
@alberello75 Good that you remember ro2, but you don't remember me at all.
I don't think there's any question where my love lies. Unfortunately, HIS lies in the food bowl.
Scar found his perfect match. My Hairo too.
Some places, like here, everyone knows everyone. So you end up knowing things about people you wish you didn't, which makes it hard to want a relationship with them. Nothing wrong with looking online for love, I found my bf online, been together 7 years now. And most relationships around here that have lasted, are ones people got in through online. Not in person.
You are one of those successful ones. But you and your bf are from the same country.
@toniganzon still a different part of the world as we're not in the same state.
@Courtlynn But cutler is the same. Can you imagine if your boyfriend is from another country, totally different from your culture and beliefs?
@1hopefulman (17416)
We get bananas and other fruit from other countries. Can you figure out why? Could it be the same reason with love?
Could be. For some women in this country, marrying a foreign man means getting out of poverty. But is it really love?
@1hopefulman (17416)
@toniganzon I have seen a number of women marry Canadian men. Maybe they wanted a better life. They have been very good to their men. A good woman that treats her man well says a lot. Is there a shortage of men in the Philippines?
@1hopefulman Though the ratio of men to women is 1:7, I don't believe there is a shortage of men because there are a lot of single men here. The reason mostly why they prefer foreign men is so they can escape from this country and they could get their family out of poverty.
People should go out, join groups with their same interests, so that they will meet people of their same country (and city/village) who like to do the same things they do. It's not necessary to be in love when you have friends you are happy.
That is so true. I have a friend who doesn't like our men here. She used to prefer South Korean mans, she had a number of boyfriends from there, but none were successful. She tried dating an American 20 years older than her. Didn't work out too. Now she's dating another American guy but don't know how is it now since we hardly talk anymore.
@toniganzon She will never find the right guy, she needs someone of her same culture and habits.
@LadyDuck Yes, no matter how much we tell ourselves that love conquers all, the reality is, it doesn't. There are too many factors to consider in a relationship. I couldn't count how many relationships she has had with different men from different countries and none has succeeded.
@antonbunot (8571)
• Calgary, Alberta
Well, let me think. Sorry, my brain is drained right now; I could not think why men and women, young and old, still seek love from different parts of the world. With regard to your sookie, ignoring the advances of a goodlooking male cat (sookie sounds like an Ilocano word), it is not mating season for kittys in your area of responsibility for sure! Now your Sookie reminds me of my friend's funny question - - "Why does a female cat, when mating with a gigolo cat, shriek in the end?" Ngiaaawwrrrr!
I don't even wanna know the answer to that!
• Calgary, Alberta
@toniganzon I am curious like a cat, so I wanna know!
@antonbunot I know the last sound coming from a queen means she's done.
@ridingbet (33081)
maybe Sookie is not attracted to the tom cat? i had an amusing experience when i was the head nurse. an x-ray technician, who was newly employed, was attracted to me. he wrote some sweet nothings on sheets of paper in my table. when i knew it was he, and i asked him, he was so shy to admit it. when i told him that i can consider him my son because we are ages apart, his shoulders fell. maybe he was just attracted to me because i worked with dedication in the hospital. i also didn't think that was love.
Most people confuse love with attraction. I have had several experiences with that as well. Cats are picky and they choose whom to mate. It's weird that Sookie wasn't attracted to the same breed of cat, but she was attracted to a puspin (a cat with no breed).
@ridingbet (33081)
@toniganzon is puspin similar to the aspin, cat version? (aspin as 'asong pinoy', or previously called 'askal' or 'asong kalye') for the cats, they are called 'pusakal' or 'pusang kalye'; hence, the 'puspin' or 'pusang pinoy'. i hope i have the valid reason re:puspin.
@ridingbet Yeah you are right! Pusang pinoy or pusang kalye.
Glad Sookie is not looking for love. I suppose some people have trouble finding the person who is the right fit for them and perhaps they feel online dating sites will make for a better match. I think people are just too picky these days. Finding a perfect match is unrealistic.
But what is a perfect match? Is it someone who fits into our list of qualifications? Or it's someone we love unconditionally and who loves us just the same?
@toniganzon I believe "perfect" is not the same for every human, thus, a perfect match is merely a personal agenda. There is no universal perfect match, therefore the perfect match meets the needs of the individual.
@Corbin5 Yeah it's very subjective, but to find perfection in a relationship is very difficult.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I do not know why people search online but I had done it one time and it was a big mistake. That is funny that Sookie does not care..I am like Sookie now
We don't really have to look for love. Love finds us.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@SHOHANA (6366)
• Bangladesh
Ha ha ha she told you she is not looking for love? very nice post I must say dear. I'm a cat lover
Cat knows how to say no.
I don't know, I had a four year relationship with a girl I met on a dating site. You're right. There are too many of them.
You are one of those successful ones. But I consider the successful ones as lucky!
@mohit459 (1001)
• Haldwani, India
I don't believe in love