Been Making A Lot Of Friends Thanks To My Set Back

@KrauseHome (33259)
A lot of people here know about the struggles my husband and I have been having due to Financial and then the issue with the Spider bite and infection that had me having to have surgery and put me in the hospital for a week. People here are even aware that I am still dealing with the wound not wanting to heal completely and wishing this all would end. So in turn this has meant more Financial worries to where we have been struggling to where we really have almost been without food, etc. We even lost our Internet and Cell phone for a bit because of this. Luckily we did choose to pay our Utility bill so that got paid in time. Because of all this set back we are behind on our House payment, etc. Really wondering when this will ever end. But out of the Bad has come some good. We have had to change churches, but may have found a different one, and this is another discussion for another time. I did pick up a New Hobby, and really enjoying it. It is painting rocks and hiding them, and made quite a few new friends because of this. I even go to Rock painting get togethers now at least 4 times a month, and it really has been a great time. We usually either meet together for a meal and do some painting of rocks, or we meet up at Michaels and paint rocks. My husband used to say I needed to find some new people to get together with and do things with, and now I have. Went and learned how to paint a Sunset on a rock today. Picture posted is a rock I did. I am actually considering selling some of the rocks I have been painting. Not sure if anything will come from this though. But enjoying the New friendships that have developed because of it. ~~TINA~~
I am sorry about your financial problems, just keep praying and God will help. I remember painting rocks when we were kids, its fun.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Painting rocks is Fun. It is relaxing, and time consuming. It helps take away the Stressors of everyday life.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
What kind of spider bite did you get? My sister was bit by a Brown Recluse a few years back and is still having problems. She didn't get it checked right away and now she is paying for it. I like the idea of painting rocks and hiding them. I just read a discussion the other day about it. You might be able to sell your rocks. It can't hurt to try. It does sound like things are looking up for you and your husband. I know we used to chat on here and Bubblews I think it was.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Yes we did. It was as far as everyone knows a Brown recluse as it turned into the Flesh eating necrotic issue. It has been a little over 4 months since the Surgery. I am almost healed and hoping I never have any issues with it, or a bite like that again.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@KrauseHome I sure hope you never have this happen again and that you heal well and have no issues with it. They are ugly and damaging.
@KrauseHome (33259)
@velvet53 Well, I have some discussions I need to start with an update and will either do it tonight or tomorrow. I am really tired so it might be tomorrow.
I'm happy you have made some friends out ofnyour new hobby and that you are enjoying it all. Especially in the tough time you're going through.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Yes, it has been a lot of Fun. I had to skip a couple meet ups lately due to things but it still is a lot of Fun taking time to get together.
@KrauseHome sorry you've had to miss some.
I haven't seen any rock painting for a long time.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Rock painting is something I had not really heard of either until around the middle of May. It is a Super huge thing around here. Very calming
@KrauseHome Do you remember Pet Rocks.. some of them had painting.
@responsiveme (14385)
Hope things look up soon.Thats a cheery painting out there.I do agree it's great to make friends
@KrauseHome (33259)
Thanks... I enjoy painting cheery things like this to hopefully give some encouragement to someone for the things we as a World are experiencing these days.
@kepweng (5939)
hope your doing well and get well soon im sorry to read the spider but its my first time that i read spider bite is risky what the name of spider thats bite black widow spiders ?
@KrauseHome (33259)
It was a brown recluse I think. Still very dangerous especially for people with auto immune disorders as well. Has not been a Fun journey to go down
rock painting,,interesting!
@KrauseHome (33259)
It is quite interesting, and a lot of Fun. It does take $$ to get started, but I find it quite relaxing.
@dodo19 (27759)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm sorry to hear that things have been so tough for your guys. I definitely do hope that things change for you soon. At least you have been able to make some friends. That's good.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Well it has been thru the help of many Prayers that things are finally looking up some. I know it will still be rough financially for us unless my eBay etc business picks back up. We are getting ready to give up my space at the Flea market due to it being a lot to handle with driving 30+ miles each way but believing God is in control.
@dodo19 (27759)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@KrauseHome I do hope that your eBay business picks up. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
@KrauseHome (33259)
@dodo19 Thanks... Been busy working on getting things listed, etc and got some other things in the works to hopefully be able to bring in some extra $$.
@Tina30219 (25822)
• Onaway, Michigan
Very nice rock sounds like fun I am going to do some here soon. I hope all your financial issues get better soon.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Painting rocks is a lot of Fun. It is a little spendy at first to get started as you need the paints, markers if you want them, etc but it helps relieve stress. As for financial, things will get better ... We are keeping positive
@Tina30219 (25822)
• Onaway, Michigan
@KrauseHome Yeah it will be expensive to start but oh so fun and like you said stress reliever.
Friends and fun activities do make life worth living. Hope you continue to enjoy your friends. (And get healed up!)
@KrauseHome (33259)
Just posted the latest update. Supposed to I am hoping meet up with my rock painting friends on Thursday night which should be Fun.
@KrauseHome That does sound fun.
• Marion, Kansas
New hobbies and new friends. In the middle of sorry there is some good.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Yes, it has really helped me diversify and take my mind off of the Bad.
• Portland, Connecticut
It is wonderful that there has been some light coming out of this dark time in your life. God is good.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Yes, God is good. There are so many things to Thank him for even in the Bad times.
@bunnybon7 (32610)
• Holiday, Florida
great idea. can always use more friends no matter what.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Yes... and who knows if I would have ever found this Fun hobby and spent so much time doing it, and getting to know a lot of other people if not for my setback.
That's wonderful that you can go out and make new friends while pursuing an interesting hobby.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Yes, that is so True. It is a lot of Fun as well.
That's so cool. I'm glad to hear good things are happening.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Well, this is something I have found to do that I enjoy that helps take my mind off things going on around me that I many times have no control over.
Painting those rocks sound like a great hobby for you. I hope you get caught up on all of your bills.
@KrauseHome (33259)
Right now outside sales are Super slow so it is going to be hard to get caught up. I am giving up my space at the Flea Market due to lack of sales and distance etc and going to have to focus selling my items I have on hand other ways,
@wongchoiyee (6537)
I will pray for you , friend.
@epiffanie (8342)
Im glad for you that you have met people who inspire you to bring out your artistic side ..
This sounds like a really simple, yet fun idea! Does it matter what sort of paint you use on the rocks?
@AinaNo (23)
• Norway
Sorry to hear about your problems. Financial issues are always stressing. I am new here and exploring so Hi and maybe we can be friends too