How do you keep your house clean?

@1hopefulman (19607)
What kind of routine do you follow? Do you clean up as you mess up? Do you clean once a week or something like that? Do you clean once a month? Do you have a maid? What do find the hardest to keep clean? Any tips on how to keep a clean house? Is cleanliness really next to godliness and what does that mean?
@louievill (16234)
We get things done as soon as possible, procrastination would cause work to pile up making it more difficult, tackle the mess as it comes
@1hopefulman (19607)
And that way the house is always nice and neat and there are no worries when unexpected guests or visitors show up.
@louievill (16234)
@1hopefulman not really, I buy and sell stuff so things keep on moving
@1hopefulman (19607)
@louievill So there is always stuff coming in and moving out and so there are always boxes in the house?
In my case it is not so hard because I live alone.
Than your house is clean most of the time.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@marguicha And so you have a self-cleaning house? Do you do the dishes after every meal or do you let them pile up a bit?
@jstory07 It doesn´t get dirty so fast, as it does when there are kids. So I sweep the floor once a week and clean much better only the bathroom and the kitchen.
@mandala100 (25006)
@1hopefulman We do general house cleaning once a week my friend.
@1hopefulman (19607)
I usually do that every Thursday and so already did some and will do a bit more later.
@mandala100 (25006)
@1hopefulman Ok my friend.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@kepweng (5891)
i clean my house by sweeping the dust and mapping but the important is toilet i have a muriatic acid i just put it in toilet bowl if its dirty and its miracle that its get whiten no need to swipe. if you use vacum cleaner its fast to clean a house but the electric bill is high
@1hopefulman (19607)
I never heard of muriatic acid. I'll have to see if they sell it here. I am on a budget plan for electricity and so it always about $55 a month, even in winter when the heating is always on.
@poehere (17373)
• French Polynesia
I normally try to clean one thing a day and it makes it stay a lot cleaner. When I am alone the house stays a lot cleaner than when my BF is here. He is leaving again for work on another island so my house will stay really clean.
@1hopefulman (19607)
Thats a good approach to cleaning!
@poehere (17373)
• French Polynesia
@1hopefulman Little time calls for drastic measures otherwise I would have a mess.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@poehere For sure! Does your BF help with the cleaning at all?
@vandana7 (57187)
My house is dirty...and I make little effort to clean it...when I do, I get so worked up nowadays...dad does not sell anything does not throw out anything does not give away anything..he is a hoarder. This is causing me some concerns. I do believe cleanliness is godliness because irritability is lower when house is clean and when irritability is lower...people are peaceful.
@1hopefulman (19607)
Thanks for commenting on that expression that I often heard as a child. My mother was a hoarder and so I know what you mean. I am the opposite. I hate to have anything that I do not use and so I am always giving things away that I don't need or use. I like to live a simple life!
@vandana7 (57187)
@1hopefulman .. I guess we realize the difference.
@1hopefulman (19607)
I do a bit everyday, I never like to see my surroundings untidy. I find that bleach is very effective for cleaning and getting rid of germs.
@1hopefulman (19607)
So, it is always clean and tidy. That's great! So, you use bleach for cleaning the bathroom, kitchen and floors?
@1hopefulman Yes I do - but not everyday. Most days I use a nice smelling cleanser.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@Kandae11 Yes, bleach does not have a pleasant scent.
I try and clean everyday as I make the messes. Once a week I mop the floors really good and I clean the bathroom and kitchen really good.
@1hopefulman (19607)
That sounds like a good routine! I try to do that too. I would also vacuum once a week but since the vacuum makes a lot of heat and it has been a hot summer, I only pass it when I can actually see the dirt.
@1hopefulman We have no rugs.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@jstory07 And that makes cleaning easier?
@YrNemo (7596)
I tidy up areas where I need most, constantly. Others: depend on my mood and the time I have.
@1hopefulman (19607)
It's true, sometimes we get in the mood and just go crazy cleaning and we want to clean every nook and cranny!
@buenavida (7608)
• Sweden
I have a good friend who vacuums and sweeps the floors, not every week, but when she has time - she has two children and a home to take a care of.. her husband is retired now, so maybe he helps a bit too.. A couple of friends have helped me to de-clutter my home, but I really have to work on that too, myself.. I love to get rid of things that I don't need.. Have to work more on getting rid of things, as they can cause a lot of stress.. I could contact an auction company who buys whole or parts of homes here, if people don't buy things from me, and we have a couple of places we can leave functioning, but things we don't need.. Every spring we can leave things we don't want, on a certain place, and some company collects them..
@1hopefulman (19607)
Yes, having less makes it a lot easier to keep a houses clean.
I pick up after myself daily but I used to use one day a week to mop, dust and all that. But this year with Tony being sick and me taking on that responsibilty I just cleaned whenever. I do not know what it means but I was raised to keep a clean house and a clean body, I try to keep a clean mind also.
@1hopefulman (19607)
Yes, caring for a sick family member can make cleaning more challenging. Keep up the good work!
I have a cleaning lady, but keep a neat house and both my husband and I clean as we go.
@1hopefulman (19607)
That makes the cleaning lady's job so much easier.
@1hopefulman Lol! She does tell me my house is always the cleanest compared to all the others she cleans. . My mother used the clean before the cleaning lady came.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@DianneN Funny! I actually had a cleaning lady come once and I cleaned the house before also.
I have a maid as I don't have time to clean my house at all. On weekdays I leave home early and come home late and when I do I still have online classes. Then on weekends I'm not home since I have to go to my hometown and work all weekend as well.
@1hopefulman (19607)
A maid when one is so busy does make life easier. How come you work so hard?
@1hopefulman We were taught by my parents to be entrepreneurs since we were kids. We were never trained to do any household chores. Both were entrepreneurs too. We were used to having maids and nannies around. When they passed away, we were left with businesses to take care of. I became an entrepreneur at a young age. But was never content with that. I started my own company as well.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@toniganzon A person with an entrepreneurial mind might not want to waste their time cleaning house.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
My place is very small and I live alone. So it is very easy for me to keep things cleaned up daily. I figure if I keep doing this then things won't build up on me.
@1hopefulman (19607)
How is that working for you?
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@1hopefulman It works good for me. I am the only one here and I have a very small place so it doesn't take much to keep it clean.
@1hopefulman (19607)
@velvet53 Wonderful!
I try and clean something every day. The house is basically clean. I have no routine really and I find it hard to keep things tidy and organized.
@1hopefulman (19607)
Good enough! It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as we can receive company without having to panic, that's fine.
@1hopefulman Sometimes there is a little panic! But not usually.
@bluesa (11904)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I dust and vacuum every day. And on weekends I deep clean. The sitting room is toughest to keep clean because we all converge there to watch tv and tend to snack. :)
@1hopefulman (19607)
Vacuum and dust every day? Any reason for that? Yes, those snacks at times can make a mess, especially if there is a food fight. .
@bluesa (11904)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@1hopefulman , Yes, there is my dog Daisy, she is an inside dog, so I dust and vacuum every day. Yes, there are biscuit crumbs all over the show
I don't know about cleanliness being next to godliness. I generally clean up as I go. Since I live alone, it's easier to keep the apartment clean.
@1hopefulman (19607)
I find that too! If our house is messy we can't blame anyone else.
@1hopefulman No, we can't.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
i try and keep my room clean and clean up after myself as much as possible. cause daughter works outside the home and her bf doesn't really care
@1hopefulman (19607)
Very nice! That's what I like to do, clean up after myself as I go and once a week give it a good cleaning.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
@1hopefulman i can't give it much cleaning but am looking into getting someone in once or twice a week for that
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
For us, keeping up with the daily things helps up have a clean home. Everyone shares in the work @1hopefulman
@1hopefulman (19607)
It's so nice when everyone cooperates, as many hands make the work light. You must appreciate you family very much for their good spirit.
@dodo19 (27755)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does get tricky with three kids in the house. It does get messy pretty quickly. But once they're back in school/daycare, it might be a little easier. Cleaning doesn't come easily for me. Thankfully, my husband does help with that.
@1hopefulman (19607)
I can imagine what happens with 3 children. It will be nice as they get older and they help to clean instead of making a mess. Nice that your husband helps.