Will you be able to see the eclipse?

Japan
On Aug. 21, Monday, many people across the United States will travel so they can see a total eclipse. Unfortunately, here in Japan we won't see it. We had a total eclipse in May 2012 here, at 7:30 in the morning. Our school decided to meet for a breakfast picnic, parents and all, whoever wanted to come. It was a clear day and many people came to our eclipse picnic. Then we had school as usual from 8:30. I hope people in the path of totality are not going to be disappointed by bad weather. If you can see it, please let us know how it goes! Are you doing anything special for the eclipse if you live in the States?
@Platespinner (16588)
My husband, myself, our daughters and my oldest son's exgirlfriend are all headed to a cabin 4 hours from home where we'll be able to see the eclipse at 100% weather permitting. At home it will only be 98%.
• Japan
I think I would just stick with the 98% if it were me!
• Olney, Illinois
Where I live it will be 97.5% totality, but for the eclipse in 2024 my area will have 100%
@peachpurple (12212)
I doubt could see anything from Malaysia side either. Best of luck to the US citizens !
No eclipse in this country on Monday as well.
@silvermist (18349)
We in India will not be able to see the total eclipse.In New Delhi it may be able to view a partial eclipse.
We do not see this eclipse we had a total eclipse in August 1999.
I think it`ll be seen here but I am not thrilled, I seen one before back in 1985
@bunnybon7 (34984)
• Holiday, Florida
no but i imagine the adult children in this house have something planned. i just hope it turns out safe
@YrNemo (10559)
We have been cursed with bad weather lately. No chance of watching any eclipse here.
@sishy7 (27671)
I don't think it's seen from down here either...