MYLOT Responses Appear Where They Like!

repetition
Uzbekistan
I've just noticed that responses written as direct answers to comments appear somewhere in the comment thread. If one hasn't mentioned the username of the person who's written the comment, they don't make sense at all. The member under whose comment it appears will scratch their head wondering what on earth the nonsense response may mean. Some responses appear even several times in a comment thread puzzling even more members and making the members who's supposedly written them appear as an idiot. Is that a glitch only invented for me to brighten up my Sunday or has anybody else noticed it? --- photo: pixabay
Any time a name is not mentioned the comment is made directly to the original response. By myLot reckoning, a response is only the post made in response to a discussion, everything else is termed a comment. As for 'duplicate' comments, this is normally when you make a comment under a response with several other comments in it...if you refresh the page, it will revert to only one comment unless someone actually made the same comment more than once.
• Uzbekistan
But why does a response appear several times in a comment thread under random usernames?
@MALUSE I was editing my response when you commented if you want to re-read it.
• Uzbekistan
Thanks. I'll check this out.
@ilocosboy (37424)
I've noticed a comment from a member appear multiple times in one of my discussion. Because it happen just once time so I thought it was an error.
Must be a glitch or the internet is so slow on that end that they end up making two comments instead? they were many times I've seen people make two same post, by accident.
@xFiacre (5216)
@maluse I had such a comment left after one of my submissions. It didn't make sense at all till I got the context right.
I have also noticed this.
• Uzbekistan
Thank you. The more members tell me that, the less strange I feel.
@MALUSE sometimes as I read the comment threads I get so lost.
@MALUSE I get plenty confused by comments. You're not alone.
• Uzbekistan
Thank you. That's a comfort!
I've noticed it too but it is pretty difficult to do much about it to make it more logical.
@vandana7 (67684)
I think when there is no name appearing in the box, then it is addressed to the person whose box it is..it may be read or ignored.
Darn, I missed the glitch. No wonder my Sunday was not bright!
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I was not around much yesterday. But I hope this has been sorted out.
It happens now and then so what I do is try to mention not just the user name but also the theme of his or her comment that I am commenting on. As for doubles, that must be a glitch that will happen once in a while, I noticed it happening a couple of days ago.
@noni1959 (3729)
I noticed sometimes when I hit reply under someone it puts their user name and other times it doesn't. It may be a glitch.
@Platespinner (17062)
I've noticed that myself. It's a bit aggravating, but I try to not let it stress me out too much.
@Inlemay (17021)
• South Africa
I haven't noticed, but then I've just arrived. Hello Malu
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
I have noticed on a few occasions. Of course the part that I like is that unreplied to responses always appear at the foot of the page, which does make life simpler.