Does “LIKE” Really Earn On MyLot Or Not?

@poehere (17700)
French Polynesia
In a recent discussion I wrote a person commented on the discussion. He said that he just likes the comments he receives on his discussions. He said that liking the comment still earned the person money. I was curious if this was true or not. I searched the help section and found this: Does 'liking' and tagging (even without responding or commenting) mean those discussions will show up in your activity or in the interesting section? - 'Liking', as mentioned above, affects how a post ranks in the Top Rated Discussions. It also increases the total of the "Likes [received]" shown on any person's profile. I can’t find anywhere in the FAQ section where liking a comment earns the person any money. Here on the site I use “LIKES” to like a comment, like a post, or to end the discussion I was having on a post with the person. Does anyone know if “LIKES” pays or not? I believe in the past, they did, but I am not sure they do now. A few people commented that you can earn very little for a like. Image: Pixabay free images
I don't think they do as the info up above states ratings.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
This is exactly what I am thinking. But, one person claims when he doesn't answer back to a comment and only likes it the person still earns from his like. I can't find it and I think he is wrong.
@poehere 'Likes' are how you show interest, and that is mentioned in the Earning FAQ as one of the conditions to earn. Also Alex has publicly stated that a 'like' does earn for the receiver.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@JolietJake Thank you I found it. In FAQ it is not clearly stated. But in the post from Alex he states it clearly.
I do not know for sure. I think we get paid for likes we get from other users.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
It is not clear in the FAQ section at all. Maybe in a comment after a few comments back and forth you hit like the person might receive some money in their bank. However, it isn't clear and it would be nice to know one way or the other.
@poehere I had this discussion about likes offsite with another member that was not currently active. I went and 'liked' several things (probably close to 100) they had previously done (discussions/responses/comments) and then told them to log in and check their earnings for the day I did it. That day...and no other day...did indeed show earnings for them.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@JolietJake Thank you JJ very helpful information.
I have no idea. Maybe some of the others who have been here a lot longer can answer that.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I read their answers on the other post I did and it is mixed. Some believe they earn money and others like me think they are used for ranking. I have no idea.
Some people say yes, but I'm not so sure about that.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Me too. I can't find anywhere it pays. That is why I looked after reading this person's comment. All they do is hit like on comments and move on. I am not so sure this is a good idea either.
@poehere Yeah. I agree with you.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@Tracy04 (10877)
If I understand correctly, more likes - your post will move at the top or be at most interesting discussions tab - more people will response your post = $$. No?
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Yes, like is used in ranking. However, after digging through an old discussion that Alex posted about the new FAQ on the site I found out that you can earn some on people liking your comments or posts. I guess it serves two purposes.
@Tracy04 (10877)
@poehere maybe? Well hopefully it will bring some $$ as well!
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@Tracy04 According to Alex in his post about new FAQ it should being in some revenue. Who knows how much.
@RubyHawk (25503)
• Atlanta, Georgia
As I understand it any activity on mylot adds to our earnings.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
You are correct. Here is what Alex responded in his post a few months back to another member, GoAskAlex_Admin @GoAskAlice (4145) • United States 8 Jun Yes, likes do have some direct bearing on earnings, and I have allowed linking to your own previous discussions if it is relevant to a discussion you have posted.
@RubyHawk (25503)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@poehere Thank you. That was my understanding.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@augusta123 (5799)
As a newbie, saw this thread and really wanted to find out about this.I just read the comments nobody seem to know about the real answer. Dear Admin can you give us the answer? Thanks.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I found his answer and here it is: GoAskAlex_Admin @GoAskAlice (4145) • United States 8 Jun Yes, likes do have some direct bearing on earnings, and I have allowed linking to your own previous discussions if it is relevant to a discussion you have posted. Looks like they do help.
@poehere oh thanks for the response. what else can we earn from? how about mentions?
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@augusta123 Go to FAQ under your name and you will find out how you can earn on here.
i commented but did not earn why
@sabtraversa (13338)
@michaeemeka You earn from the interactions you receive, not from the posts you make. For example, I now comment on your response, you will receive something. If you don't reply to my comment, I won't earn anything. MyLot is a little different, but it's still fun and rewarding.
This is where you will learn all about the myLot Earnings Program
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Unless a person responds back to your comment you can't earn. I am late in answering my notification and so now you will earn on this comment. Hope you can understand how this works.
From what I understand, you can earn, but not as much as commenting.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
It helps and goes towards your earning on a post you have written. This is what I understand from what Alex wrote in an old post I missed. You can earn on them but not that much from what I gather.
@cacay1 (32968)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Sorry, nothing to say, I do not know if there is a cent pay for a like hehehehe.Others may share you the answer.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
That is OK because I didn't know either. There are a lot of people who didn't have an idea. Finally, I found out from a post that Alex wrote you do get some pay for the likes. It is not clear in FAQ, but in a comment he made it cleared it up.
@manikarnika (2074)
Yeah...Many Mylot friends asked these same question before...I came to know that like gives pennies or cents...
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
They add to the over all money you earn on a discussion. I found this out finally from a post from Admin.
I've always wondered this too so I was keen to read the responses here. It seems 'likes' do have a bearing.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Yes they do have a bearing on our earnings here. I posted the response from Alex on some of the comments I received. It isn't stated like this in FAQ, but Alex said yes.
Being active is what pays you.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
This is so correct and I finally found the answer but not in FAQ. Alex stated this in a post: GoAskAlex_Admin @GoAskAlice (4145) • United States 8 Jun Yes, likes do have some direct bearing on earnings, and I have allowed linking to your own previous discussions if it is relevant to a discussion you have posted.
I believe you can, but the percentage of a penny is slight compared to commenting on it as well as liking.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
You are so right on this one. I was finally pointed in the right directions and Alex did answer this in a comment on another post. It was one that Admin posted about the new FAQ section.
@poehere I'm glad you got your answer.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@just4him Me too. However, it wasn't in FAQ it was in a post that Admin put up. That was the only clear answer on this one.
I have to like or I keep getting the thing coming back until I do. That's all I know for sure.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I feel the same as you do. BTW happy to see you back. I was starting to worry about you.
@poehere ...Thank you. I was very worried about me. That's why I went in. Never been that down before.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle This sounds like a very scary time. I sure hope your daughter doesn't push you like this again. I worry about you and hope all is fine now. Please take care and get plenty of rest.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I was always under the impression that "likes" pays. I see some members "like" everything and I'm sure they don't read everything they like.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I finally found a clear understanding about likes on Alex post he made in June. I wasn't here at this time so looks like I have missed this. Here is what Alex said: GoAskAlex_Admin @GoAskAlice (4145) • United States 8 Jun Yes, likes do have some direct bearing on earnings, and I have allowed linking to your own previous discussions if it is relevant to a discussion you have posted. It is not stated like this in FAQ, but Alex says here it does help.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@poehere I did look in the FAQ and found nothing as well. I think I read Alex's post about it and that is where I got the idea "likes" did help. I just couldn't remember where I had heard it. However, I don't go liking things at will. If I'm going to respond to a comment I usually "like" the comment. Or if the comment has run its course.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@RichardMeister I only found it on a comment he made on his post. That is how I knew it did pay.
@akalinus (15847)
I figure that a 'like' is a response. I try to respond with an answer but sometimes 'like' something when the conversation has run as much as it could and rarely when I can't figure out what someone is talking about.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
You are right Jo Ann. However, it is never clearly stated in any of the new FAQ. Only on Alex's post and his comment made it clear that we can earn from them.
@akalinus (15847)
@poehere A lot of sites I have been on have rather nebulous rules. Swagbucks, for instance. No one is ever sure what is a rule and they keep changing. I will 'like' whenever it is appropriate and let the chips fall where they may.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@akalinus This sounds like a good strategy and a way to go. I do the same and just let it happen.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
I really don`t mind about it but it really makes me feel good receiving a like from my responds and in return I do the same by liking those good responds that makes sense..It`s a helping each other way..I think
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
It is a nice way to say thank you and appreciate the comment you left on a post. Don't worry when people like your comments you do earn some from them. You have added to the conversation and the author is happy that you did and has liked your comment.
@poehere ...Oh..Thank you
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
i do a lot of liking
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I also use like on comments from others. I don't use like to answer my comments unless there is nothing more to say. I still can't find if they pay or not.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@poehere ok sounds good
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@Jaemeow (28)
• Buzau, Romania
I don't know if " likes" really help us, but it's a way to show interest for the person you speak.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Yes they do help us in a very small way. Not a lot, but they do help.