So I Was Thinking...

@moffittjc (32766)
Gainesville, Florida
Have you ever stopped to think, and then forget to start again? Yeah, that about sums up my Monday. I would have misplaced my brain today if it wasn't attached to my head! Why do Mondays have to start off so crazy? Wouldn't we enjoy our workweek a lot more if we all had fun on Mondays like we do on Fridays? Bosses everywhere, take heed...please don't pile the crap on to your employees on Mondays! Instead, let them ease into the workweek! I think we deserve a party on Monday to kick off our workweek! How was your Monday?
My boss was out of town...which means all the Monday stuff landed in MY lap instead of his. I oughtta fire him...
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
That damn boss of yours!!! You really should fire him! My boss up and quit about a month ago, so I am doing my job and her job...with no extra compensation. I am an idiot.
@moffittjc I am getting a monetary compensation of $100 for dealing with all this stuff today, but I'm not sure if I am getting enough for the headaches
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JolietJake I'm a salaried employee, and after all the hours I put in at work, I feel like I only end up making about $1.13 an hour!
I don't work outside of the home but today has been...well interesting. I think my kids wanted to drive me crazier today because it's Monday! Lol. Add a neurosurgeon appointment for my youngest son and yeah...it was a Monday.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't think Mondays discriminate! Whether you work or not, whether you are at the office or at home, Mondays will find a way to slap you right smack in the face! haha
@SonjaRae (5797)
My Monday was fantastic! The first day on my new job and I can't remember on Monday that I have had in the past 4 1/2 years where I came home and wasn't exhausted mentally.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
I think that's my problem with my current job...I am just mentally wiped out at the end of each day. No job should suck the life out of you like that!
@SonjaRae (5797)
@moffittjc I definitely agree with you here on this one
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@SonjaRae What used to get me through rough patches at work was knowing that there were more good days than bad days. But, unfortunately, that seems to have changed and now there are more bad days than good days. I either need to figure out a way to turn that around, or make the decision to move on to another job somewhere else. I've been with my current employer for 15 years, and maybe that is part of the problem...maybe I've just been there too long and need a change of scenery.
@Srbageldog (3583)
My Monday was fairly uneventful. Although I am feeling rather nervous because I'm having a procedure done tomorrow and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I've been putting it off for months though so it's time to get it over with!
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Did everything go okay with your procedure?
@moffittjc Yes, now to spend the next two weeks on the mend. I'm supposed to have the same thing done on the other leg next week, so technically I'll be recovering for three weeks. (The procedure is an ablation which shuts down bad veins in the leg.) Today has not been as bad as yesterday, it was definitely not a pleasant experience but not completely unbearable.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Srbageldog Well I wish you a speedy recovery! Don't rush the healing process if you can help it, just relax and get fully better!
I love your thinking, but every day is Friday for me!
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Sure Dianne, rub it in why don't you!
@moffittjc Just keep thinking Happy Hour!
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN Every day is happy hour for you!
@bluesa (10673)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, I am there with you on Mondays. The early part of my Monday is not worth mentioning. Sorry your Monday was also crappy. A party should be held before all the paw paw comes flying at a person, really...
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well I'll regroup today and charge into my Tuesday like a bull!
@bluesa (10673)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc that's it Jeff! Go el toro!!! Charge away!
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa I went to a restaurant for lunch today called El Toro! Lol
I'm still thinking about it . I think I got a lot done this morning . . . and in this hot early evening, I still have to take the kids to tae kwon do. It was a fairly smooth Monday - I cannot complain - but now that this day is nearly over, I better starting gearing my brain into Tuesday mode .
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
I always say Tuesday is gong to be better, but usually on Tuesdays I'm dealing with all the fallout from Mondays. So for me, Tuesday is just another extension of Monday. But by the time Wednesday rolls around, I'm cruising toward the weekend!
@moffittjc Right? Well now it's Tuesday - how are you doing? We don't have after school activities today, so for us it will be a little more relaxing later today. But this morning I got some major errands to run (yah, what am I doing on myLot ) . . . so off I go!
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@much2say It's been okay so far, most of the issues I need to deal with will happen this afternoon, so I'm not looking forward to that.
Well most people I know dont work M-F and have weekends off so this wouldn't work for them anyways lol
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Is that a good thing or a bad thing that most of the people you know don't work M-F? I guess if you work random shifts or work schedules on different days, then it takes the bite out of Mondays. So I guess that's not a bad thing.
@moffittjc some say its bad other says its not.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Years ago when I worked in retail, my schedule was all over the place, and there was no real consistency to what days I worked and what days I had off. It made it difficult to plan things with family and friends, but overall I got used to it and it never bothered me that much. My "weekends" were never the same...sometimes I had Sunday-Monday off, sometimes Wednesday-Thursday, etc. It changed every week. So, at that job, there was no dreadful "Monday" to look forward to because of the way the schedule fluctuated each week.
@Platespinner (17586)
My Monday was dull and boring, the Haus Frau was distracted and busy with other things today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Hey, wait...are you related to that Lego guy?
@moffittjc that comment was left by the Lego guy. He's been shelved for a little while.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Platespinner But are you one and the same, or is it a separate myLot member?
Busy. But I napped so its all good.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
I wish I could have napped my way through this day! Then I wouldn't hate Mondays so bad! haha
A good Monday here. I do believe you are right about Monday being a day full of frivolity in the workplace; Friday still should be a day of frivolity too.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm glad you had a good Monday! I'm happy that somebody had a happy day! I know I am complaining about Mondays, but I actually had a good Monday last week!
I don't recall having more work on Mondays when I was working/
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Not necessarily more work, just more crap to deal with. Like everything seems to be a crisis on Mondays. I just want to yell, "relax people, we don't have to panic over everything that happens today!"
That's a good theory, then Tuesday thru Thursday would be the work days that we do the bulk of our work. I like that idea.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Exactly! Start off the week on a high note on Mondays, and end the week on a high note on Fridays! It's so simple...why can't the powers that be figure that out?
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
A party on a Monday sounds good to me and another one on Friday. Then you would have a party to start the week off and one to end it. Just when you think things can't get any harder , they get easier. The task in front of me is Not as the power behind me.
@nanette64 (12367)
• Fairfield, Texas
I call those "temporary brain farts" @moffittjc .
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
My brain farts are chronic! Lol
@nanette64 (12367)
• Fairfield, Texas
@moffittjc I'm with ya there. I think the older I get, the more chronic they become.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@nanette64 Yes, don't remind me about aging... it's depressing! Lol
I am easily forgetful so that sums it up for me as well! Not just Mondays but often
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
You....forgetful? No way! You remember everything!
@moffittjc Yes I am forgetful VERY MUCH!
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Well, you haven't forgotten me, so that's a good sign!
@HazySue (15938)
My Monday was fine, I don't have to worry about working anymore. Yeah! Of course I stop thinking occasionally and forget to start again. I am getting old. Mondays always used to be a wasted day for me not only could I not think, neither could the students
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Mondays are a waste for me because there is zero productivity. I'm too busy putting out fires and dealing with one situation after another.
@HazySue (15938)
@moffittjc that's Mondays for you.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@HazySue Mondays would be great if they would stop punching me in the face every time I show up for work! haha
@dodo19 (27201)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
For the moment I don't work, but when I did, it would have been nice if every day could be like Friday. It would make things a lot easier and fun.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
Interestingly, no one who responded to my discussion said that they loved their mob so much that every day seemed like Friday. Almost everyone who wasn't retired or a stay-at-home parent commented about how much they hated Mondays!
@dodo19 (27201)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@moffittjc I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of Mondays, but I don't hate them. Mondays just aren't my favourite day of the week. But it is interesting that no one said they loved their job to the point where it always feels like Friday.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@dodo19 I complain about Mondays, but in reality, they're not that bad. They just get a bad rap because everybody is trying to recover from the weekend! Haha
• Baguio, Philippines
Might be a sign of aging?
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
No!!!! Don't say that. I refuse to get old!
• Baguio, Philippines
@moffittjc I agree. I don't want to grow old also. Life is precious my friend...:)
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@moneychaser Well, well don't have to grow old in spirit!
@noni1959 (2509)
My boss usually eases in thankfully since my brain takes a bit to wake up.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's nice when you can ease into your day slowly and surely, instead of just getting thrown to the fire right away!
@noni1959 (2509)
@moffittjc I think it helps he is an introvert and likes his day to slowly dive in.
@moffittjc (32766)
• Gainesville, Florida
@noni1959 I am the same way!