Hell Night

Boise, Idaho
Soon after I was admitted to the hospital I realized I had no clothes! I only have one outfit of clothes that I wear when I see the doctor or have other reason to leave the house. Rather than that I wear a gown around the house. So I had the option of wearing what they call "scrubs". They are pants and a top that are ill fitting and made from recycled water bottles or something. Ugh and Ick! They are scratchy and stick to your skin. Very uncomfortable. I toss and turn to find a comfortable position to sleep in and it would be misery wearing such things. So about three nights in I was sleeping in the nude. I had to go potty. I wrapped the blanket around me and walked the five feet maybe to the bathroom, do my business and return to the bed. Immediately a blonde hair Barbie type nurse came storming in the dark room and puts her face down to mine. "You can't do that. We have male staff as well as other male patients!" (Like I am so sure the male staff or other male patients are going to be entertained by a 65+ sagging female body streaking through on her way to bathroom) Okay. Well, get me the gown I requested instead of these "scrubs". They don't have gowns. Then I was rather upset for a time. It was stupid. I had made a mistake. It took me a while to calm down, relax, and fall back to sleep. As soon as I did a bright light was in my eyes and some staff member was doing rounds. At intervals all night I saw this bright light and it would wake me up. Horrible rest of the night. Not much sleep. Helleous night.
Yes scrubs are not the best that is for sure. Had those on when I was in the hospital with my Mom when I had no clothes. Nurses got me them, was kind of them.
Yes, at least they are an option.
@HazySue (19512)
Scrubs are uncomfortable. Why are you sitting there in the hospital? What happened?
I got very depressed. Hopeless, scared. Couldn't provide what my grandson needed. My daughter was no where to be found. I freaked out. My doctor felt I was in crisis and had me go to the ER where they put me in the mental health facility. I was there from the 17th until yesterday.
@HazySue (19512)
@celticeagle I am so sorry. is everything working out now? I hope you are ok.
@HazySue ......I am good. Thanks.
That is hospital life. What happened, why are you in the hospital?
You'd have to read my posts from yesterday explaining it all.
@celticeagle I wasn't on but a few mins. yest. that explains it - I will check.
@AbbyGreenhill ......Ok.
@RubyHawk (20971)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's a hospital for you. they wont let you rest. Those scrubs are the worst.
Yep and yep.
@RubyHawk (20971)
• Atlanta, Georgia
• Riga, Latvia
Sorry to hear it. Hope things turn around for the better. Most importantly that you get comfortable and feel much better.
If I could just get my PRN med I would be happy.
@dragon54u (31546)
I'm so sorry to hear that you're in the hospital! I have never heard of a hospital without gowns, what do the other patients dress in? Scrubs would make it very difficult to get access to a body that was in heart failure or some other emergency, that hospital's organizers must be insane. I hope you can go home soon!