Fire in the Verdugo Mountains

screen shot
El Paso, Texas
Good grief, we're not even close to figuring out what the rehab of south east Texas will entail when the news hits us with a fire in the Verdugo Mountains. Can't we get one area fixed before another one gets slammed? Did you know about the fire?
A wildfire on the northwest edge of Los Angeles spread rapidly on Saturday despite light rainfall.
@vandana7 (62442)
You all have simply one problem too many...sigh...brave folks.
This end of 2017 is not turning out to be as good as it started. If I'm not mistaken India is also facing flood conditions, is that correct?
Oh dear a fire now..I had read about that on here on myLot another myLotter, JohnRoberts was saying.
Yes, I read his post as well. CA is always getting brush fires and if it happens to rain a lot they get mudslides. Thankfully they don't get hurricanes ...... well, I don't think they do anyway.
@Platespinner (16532)
I'd put on my fire fighting gear, but I don't think the local authorities really want my help. Sometimes I'm glad I don't live in the real world.
Well, ya kinda do. If there were a flood you float around, if there were a fire you'd melt. Pray for rain.
@rebelann Whaddaya know, I DO float. And I thought that swimming was not an option for me since I was afraid that I'd sink to the bottom and be irretrievable!
Seeeeeee, @Platespinner told ya
@sallypup (26314)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Poor you. I sure hope all the horror stops for all of you.
I'm in no danger, but it seems the borders on the west, northwest and southeast are getting slammed really hard.
@sallypup (26314)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann Uggg. I am sick to here with smoky air.
It's just sick with all the disasters people have been facing, fire and flood are two really bad events @sallypup I hope this is it for a few years we need to recoup.
I don't understand this after so much rain. The south of Europe has wild fires every summer but it's very hot and dry there.
The rain was in southeast Texas, the fire is in California.
@rebelann Oh. Everything in the wrong place! :-(
Yes and then someone reminded that both Montana as well as Canada have had fires to fight @MALUSE I just hope next year it will not be so bad.
Yes, your area is not catching a break. Yes, I knew about the fire. Praying all are safe from this additional disaster.
I'm still in a very safe zone right now, I won't worry unless the deserts around Deming NM or up in Colorado Springs gets fires, those could stretch out this way which over the years hasn't happened and I pray to the almighty it never will.
@rebelann I pray it does not reach your area. It must be near to impossible to stop the fire.
I don't know @Corbin5 it seems every year there is a fire somewhere in CA.
@peavey (16306)
There are so many bad things going on right now that it's kind of scary! The wildfires in Montana are still raging, too.
Oh that's right, Canada and Montana also had fires. It hasn't been a very good summer has it.
@peavey (16306)
@rebelann And Oregon! My oldest daughter and one of my granddaughters are going to drive here from the northwest and they are worried about getting around and through the fires. It's pretty bad.
@kepweng (11268)
is the fire came from forest??
I do not know, I do not live close to LA.
Wow! I haven't heard of the fire. Hope it can be controlled and very soon.
So do I
I live a few miles from that fire and saw the flames and orange glow early this morning. Over 5000 acres burned.
That's a huge territory, hopefully you'll get enough rain to turn that area green in spring.