Do You Get Bored?

@acelawrites (11804)
What do you do when you are bored? I do not know why I get bored, or maybe depressed these days when in fact I could not think of any reason why I felt that way. Maybe due to some hormonal changes? Or maybe because of monotonous activities at home. Now I know how some people feel when depression sets in. Does this happen to you also? What do you do to ease that feeling?
I'm so sorry to hear this. Perhaps if you read or go for a walk, your feelings will improve. I have never been bored a day in my life.
@acelawrites (11804)
Thanks for the advice; I just didn't know why it happens when in fact, so many things need my attention like writing, but am so sluggish!
@acelawrites Perhaps you are drained and tired. Any little change in your routine may help. Feel better.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It is strange, but I never get bored. Perhaps because I am an avid reader and always have a great read on hand. I also love to update my home. I can always find something that needs to be done around here.
@acelawrites (11804)
It is really hard to feel this way though I know I have to fight it. Thanks for the insight.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5, You are very good my friend, that is one way to escape boredom and depression,
@cacay1 Yes, if one can redirect their mind to activities, then depression does not stand much of a chance.
Yes most definitely. I am usually triggered by boredom or a bad day at work to feel like this. Try to do something you enjoy. If you like reading, maybe read a book?
@acelawrites (11804)
Thanks, I will just go out and walk a little.
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does happen to a lot of people. When I am bored, I find something to do. It's not always easy, but I do my best. Hopefully, you find something to do.
@acelawrites (11804)
Yes, I'll try to do it. Thanks.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@dodo19,that is true, so many yet they were able to outsmart them.
• Peoria, Arizona
I have way too much stuff to do to get bored haha Perhaps you need a hobby to keep you going. I am manic depressive, but I get a little help because I have so many hobbies.
@acelawrites (11804)
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DesirousDreamer , , that is true so many things to do to avoid boredom and depression
I frequently get bored. I force myself to do something.
@acelawrites (11804)
It's good to do something to remedy the situation.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JohnRoberts m wow, nice resolution to escape boredom.
@averygirl72 (16634)
I often get bored and depressed with my life. I get used to it. I inspire my self with inspirational quotes, try positive thinking and enjoy myself with food or by watching cartoons
@acelawrites (11804)
I'll do it. Thanks.
@AkoPinay (10040)
I feel depressed on and/or before my monthly period so I believe it is due to hormonal changes.
@acelawrites (11804)
I agree,it affects one's moods.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jobelbojel (7347)
I don't get easily bored. When I am, I just listen to music to break the boredom.
@acelawrites (11804)
That's good!
• Nairobi, Kenya
I eat or listen to music when I get bored. I suggest you take long walks when you start feeling bored. The smell of fresh air will help. :)
@acelawrites (11804)
Thanks, it will really help ease boredom.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@acelawrites you are welcomed
Maybe you need to pamper yourself once in a while. Go to the mall and buy something new for yourself. Or you can go to a beauty parlor and pamper yourself with those beauty treats. I don't ever get bored. In fact, I have lots of things that I would like to do, but I simply just don't have extra time anymore. Sometimes, I would really stay up late just to be able to also do some postings and scrolling at FB. The online writing sites takes my extra time.
@acelawrites (11804)
Yes, I always think of things which can make me (us) busy. Anyway, this is just a temporary feeling only. Thanks for the advice.
@acelawrites You are welcome. So, how are you now? Have you gotten over it already?
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi m friend, don't be depressed.You eat lots of parsley and spinach these veggies stop and avoid depression. I have been in some depressive mood when I was a teenager, but after I ate fish liver, I became stronger. Eat fish liver, chicken liver they block and stop depression. I no longer experienced depression,
@acelawrites (11804)
Thanks for the tips. I love fish liver too, but not so much of chicken liver.
Maybe you should do something else, I usually sleep when I get bored or approach my dog.
@Bluedoll (17063)
I think you wrote it. Why do we get bored? Everyone does at some point in time. You wrote monotonous activities. Can happen anywhere.
@acelawrites (11804)
Yes, the post is quite boring! I know it. And you see, I write "boring" ones because I avoid writing political topics or topics that are not fitted here. Thanks, anyway!
@Bluedoll (17063)
@acelawrites Sorry that is not what I meant. I didn't word it properly perhaps. I was just agreeing. You asked a question why do we get bored and then wrote maybe because of monotonous activities. You are right that is why we get bored. We become like robots because we do repetive things. But we all do things sometimes like that. Like doing the laundry.
@acelawrites (11804)
@Bluedoll Do not worry. I understand that sometimes I can not think of good topics to write here, although there are lots of things I wanted to write like hard news, political news, which I avoid because those are not "fitted" here (IMO). So I do really observe that I write "senseless" topics which should not be written by a former journalist like me. This is what I call self-censorship!
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i feel bored mostly all the time but when im talking to someone not so much