What this time of year means.

I know the cooler weather is something I'm welcoming. But the thing I'm hearing more and more of about this time of year is the sports. Football (American)! College has already started, and professional football starts officially this Thursday. I have seen several mylotters here post about watching their teams this preseason. It's pretty funny to see how excited some people get about this time of year (admittedly, I like it too). I like baseball as well, and the World Series starts next month, but for the most part it's all been football. Anyone not like sports, but their significant other is crazy about it? I imagine that would have to be frustrating. What's your team? Who is your favorite player? And how many of you have not seen one single minute of an American football game?
We don't watch sports here but I cannot wait for the cooler weather!
I am also very excited for football season and, the Green Bay Packers of course.
Aaron Rodgers..they did not get him enough help in the offseason. He'll still do great, but they keep wasting chances, don't you think?
@AmbiePam No I actually think they might have got him just the help he needed in Martellius Bennett at te.
@TRBRocks420 I forgot about him!
@Essjayd (1168)
I do like sports but I've never seen an American football game apart from in the movies.
I can't say as I blame you. Is regular football your favorite (soccer to Americans)?
@Essjayd (1168)
@AmbiePam I follow a local regular football/ soccer team but also enjoy watching boardsports and motorcycle racing.
My favorite team is the Packers and I watched every preseason game. We won three of four. Only losing to the Broncos. My favorite player is Aaron Rodgers. He's one of the best quarterbacks the Pack has had. Bart Starr was my favorite through high school. Brett Favre was okay, but Aaron is better than he was.
Yes, he certainly is.
@AmbiePam When they compared stats between the two a couple years ago, he had already surpassed a lot of Brett Favre had achieved pertaining to how long it took him to achieve the same results.
@peavey (15865)
I am in Colorado, so my teams are he Rockies and the Broncos! I watch baseball and football, too, but not consistently, at least unless one of my teams is on a winning streak . My husband used to watch football all the time and I kind of got tired of spending every Thanksgiving afternoon like that.
I can imagine! The Broncos aren't my favorite team, but they are one I always root for unless they are playing my own favorite. I like them a lot, and was thrilled when they won the Super Bowl two years ago.
@peavey (15865)
@AmbiePam That was quite the season!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I can get into most games, but donĀ“t usually Ambie, and I can feed off others excitement lol There are never any superbowl parties in my place, though I wish there were at times. I am usually a fan of whatever state I am living in at the time..so right now Broncos. When I lived NE it was Patriots, when in KS, the Chiefs And my hometown team for Baseball is the Cards.
The Cards are my all time favorite baseball team.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@gtdoss (23)
I used to like playing sports when I was in high school and college (softball, basketball, swimming), but I've never really liked watching other people play sports, either in person or on television, with the exception of basketball. My youngest son is in marching band, so I've had to go to all of the home football games for the past several years, and it is SO BORING! But I go to support my son (plays the tuba/souzaphone) and to watch the marching band do it's special number during halftime.
That's a dedicated mom!
I am not at all a sports fan and my 3 men here all are! But we manage to survive!
I have never seen in all my life one single minute of an American football game.
We are waiting for the pro football to start. I like my Lions team. My husband likes the Packers.
I would like to see the Lions stick it to the constant downers. All I hear is Matthew Stafford's new salary is undeserved. Give it to 'em!
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
nothing this year. cause we don't watch. 2 years ago though it was a constant at my oldest sons house. here it seems we are concerned with bad weather this time of year mostly
My husband only watches college football, and I am not a watcher of football. I am a White Sox fan, but do not watch baseball enough to have a favorite player. My husband loves baseball more than football.
I love baseball more too. I just like that there are so many games a week, whereas my favorite football team plays only once a week.
I'm a sports widow, but do enjoy the NY Giants and METS. I love it most when my husband and sons get together to watch a game. I think I will have to start watching hockey now just to understand it more.
@resukill22 (4013)
I never watch football game, but I want it.
@hanuahir (57)
its hot here
@jobelbojel (4728)
Best of luck to your team. Here, the collegiate basketball, I think already started and next semester will be the volleyball. I have watched football but not into it really.