~Slept Better~

Jacksonville, Florida
Good morning everyone. I hope your doing well today so far. =) I had a good night's rest and I feel more refreshed. I hope you slept well too! So...we had this decision to make about getting a home or vehicle first. Our SUV is on it's last leg and we know it won't be running much longer-we knew it needed work but it's just been one thing after another. My husband has been broke down on the side of the road a few times now. We came to the conclusion we needed a vehicle so my husband could get back and forth to work-to pay our bills. My husband found a suburban that's really nice. Hate that it's a gas guzzler but it will fit our family and it has low miles. Sometime this week my husband is going to be getting it. After that is bought we will be saving again for a home. Life....so unpredictable. Have you had to choose between a vehicle and getting/saving for a home before? When your poor with not great credit sadly brand new is not an option for a vehicle...
• Lakewood, Colorado
I have had to trade anything I had for a vehicle at one time. But at least I had some thing of value to trade.. I hope you can get a decent used vehicle soon Jennifer. Glad you slept and have a good day.
@Tiarasoceanview Yeah, I'm hoping the suburban will be better and more reliable. It's hard when you have nothing to offer or your credit isn't good.
@sugartoes (33792)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies I really HOPE things work out for you & you get things back on your feet again I know what it's like to be there as we had the same problem our selves.
@sugartoes Thank you. Things will get better, they have to. God's got this.
So glad that you finally got a good night's sleep Most important! Good luck with the car.
@marlina Thank you! Thanks, I hope this one will be much better.
@LovingMyBabies We certainly want you to have a reliable car.
glad you slept better..not really..I always had something available to drive. My car right now is not the best but it hasn't left me stranded.I guess I should be knocking on wood as I say that!
@snowy22315 Definitely knock on some wood! Our vehicle has left my husband stranded a few times. Thank God it didn't happen while we were with him. Can't imagine how bad that would be with 5 kids sweating!
@dodo19 (27753)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I didn't sleep to well, but I'm glad that you had a better night sleep. Life can really been unpredictable in a lot of ways.
@dodo19 I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. Yes it can.
As for me, I am saving for the family's house in the future.
@Shavkat That's great!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
You're not alone we have been in that situation as well,
@thislittlepennyearns It's awful. I'm sorry you have been in the situation too.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@LovingMyBabies It will get better! I promise
I have never owned a new car. I have had used. Because most people do not have credit is why I have sold several houses as "for sale by owner" so far I made the right choice they all still live in the houses and pay on time.
@andriaperry Yeah we haven't either. That's so good of you to do that. =)
@Dena91 (3619)
That is a tough place to be in but I am glad that you were able to find a better car. It's important to be able to get back and forth to work and that your family can fit in it comfortably.
@Dena91 Yeah, it is. Thanks, I'm hoping this vehicle will be better.
@SonjaRae (5794)
Oh dearest Jennifer do not think for one moment that you are alone and having to make those kinds of decisions or sacrifices… You will overcome this and you all will emerge stronger and in a better position. This from experience I know it is certain.
@Sonjarae Oh I know plenty of people that struggle the way we do. I know we're not the only ones, trust me. Things will get better. God has blessed us with a new job for my husband, a new (to us) vehicle for our family and I know a home is coming next! =)
@SonjaRae (5794)
@LovingMyBabies Something I have said for years, I will share herein with you: "That which is mine by divine right, will be mine at the perfect time and in the perfect way"
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I feel that you made the right decision. Your husband does need transportation to get back and forth to work. Plus it is needed to go to the store and things like that. You will get back on your feet and get a home soon.
@velvet53 Thank you. I think so too. God has blessed my husband with a job and now a vehicle, I know our home is next. =)
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@LovingMyBabies It sure is. God is taking care of you.
@tammys85 (8331)
I'm glad you're able to get something to replace the SUV. I can't say I slept well, but it's my own fault for messing up my sleep schedule.
@tammys85 Thank you. I'm sorry, I hope you sleep better tonight.
@tammys85 (8331)
@LovingMyBabies You're welcome. And thank you; I just need to put in a bigger effort at changing my sleep schedule.
I think you are right about choosing the vehicle over the home. That vehicle is so important. When first married, we lived in apartments and bought used cars. A house came several years later.
@Corbin5 Thank you. A vehicle is definitely needed thats for sure. Yeah, here the nicer apartments are just as expensive as a house-it's insane! Thank goodness we're in cheap ones, not great but its something for now.
@LovingMyBabies I remember my husband and I living in an apartment that was only 2 1/2 rooms. Amazing how people can adjust to small spaces. I have so little patience for things to happen. Glad you and I are both working on that.
@prashu228 (22127)
I am saving as of now but just for savings sake , not to buy anything,
@prashu228 That's good! =)
@spaceseed (2925)
@prashu228 you invest in gold i
I'm glad you got good sleep, and that you guys decided on the vehicle! Hope it works good for a long time!
@Courtlynn Thank you. =) I hope so too!
• Eugene, Oregon
I have been fortunate in life not to have to make that choice. I hope that this is the last time you are faced with this decision too.
@JamesHxstatic I'm glad you have never faced this decision, we have a few times in 13 years.
@sugartoes (33792)
• Greencastle, Indiana
LORD girl you need to be getting OUT of Fla have you been listening to the WEATHER? I see this isn't but a few hrs old & you need to be thinking of finding a way out ASAP ! ! !
@sugartoes We haven't been told to evacuate yet. When that's said we will leave.
I feel like you guys are always having to get a new car. That has to be frustrating. We haven't had to choose before. Our choice was to buy a house or an engagement ring. We went with the house first.
@NJChicaa Yeah, unfortunately we can't afford new so we have gotten many unreliable vehicles. Yeah, house should come before ring so that was a good choice.
@moffittjc (34702)
• Gainesville, Florida
I had to give up my car when I was in college, because I had to choose between that and paying tuition. I made the decision that nothing was going to stop me from my education, even if it meant I had to become homeless or walk everywhere I needed to go. That decision wasn't too difficult, I didn't have a family to worry about and take care of yet.
@moffittjc That's good! I wish I stayed in college but it is what it is.
@moffittjc (34702)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LovingMyBabies College these days is not all its made out to be. Sometimes I think now that degrees aren't worth the cost it takes to earn them.
@moffittjc Yeah, that's true. I have a friend that earned her degree for teaching and works at CVS right now because none of the districts had openings where she wanted to be in NY. I'm hoping my children choose to go to a trade school of some sort.
I know what you are going through. There were times, we didn't know whether to pay the rent or get groceries, because we didn't have money for both. And you are right, it doesn't matter how you plan it, there will be times where you will be forced to do something you don't want to do, like spending whatever savings you have left on emergencies. Spending money to the mechanic all the time is a big thing too, so if it helps to save money from there, then getting a different vehicle is a better option. I hope this one doesn't have any issues.
@thehousewife Yeah, we have had to make that decision before too...food or rent. Hate it. Yes life is so insane at times and it brings you down when you don't expect it. My husband does the work to our vehicles but the parts for it weren't cheap and being broke down all the time isn't worth it.
@LovingMyBabies yeah it's not worth having a vehicle that breaks down all the time.
@hostessman (6923)
• Tucson, Arizona
been there earlier in life, things ain't so bad now
@hostessman I'm glad. I hope one day we can say that. =)
• Tucson, Arizona
@LovingMyBabies just hang in there, it will happen at some point