My Patience Came to an End

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm not a patient person. So to wait a full month for something that wasn't going to happen, was really stretching myself. I've been wanting to send an e-mail or call for the past week, but I hesitated, just hoping an e-mail would come through. Nothing. So what am I talking about - Freedom's Cry. I've been waiting a full month for news from my editors that the book is finally moving forward. I couldn't wait any longer. So out of patience, I sent an e-mail this morning, and then I went to take a nap as I was up before 3 this morning and I was falling asleep on the computer. When I got up an hour and a half later, there still wasn't a reply, so I hopped around the computer, taking my time and hoping I would get a reply. I finally did. She told me her husband, the other part of the editing team, is still waiting on the review of Freedom's Cry and is looking for other options. Once he gets the review, then it will move forward to publication. Until then, I wait. I hope my sending them an e-mail this morning will put a little fire under them to get it moving. I would like to see Freedom's Cry published before too much longer. Especially in time for Christmas. I would also like to put closure on this series. So now I'll see what happens and how long I will wait on it. I know I've done a review for a person on their book and it didn't take me this long to read and review it. How patient are you? Thanks for reading.
I have a lot of patience until I feel it has been to long and than I want some action.
That's where I'm at, wanting action.
In your situation I can see that being extremely frustrating. Especially when it's so important to you, but it's on the lower end of their priority list.
It does seem like it. We'll see what happens with the e-mail I sent.
I am pretty patient when it comes to most things. I think you waited a while.
Thank you. I think so too.
@vandana7 (62594)
With everybody or only with children? If you are with everybody, you should seek to be a mediator. Many disputes can be resolved, without them reaching the courts, if people who are patient and give a patient listening are around and can analyze and help people come to the right conclusions without deciding for them.
I'm pretty patient. I dislike impatience in people. Unfortunately that is one of my husband's flaws.
That's pretty good. I admire people with patience.
depend where I am at.Good luck there.
Thanks. Waiting is something I don't do very well.
@just4him same here.We are old school?
@amadeo I know I am.
@poehere (17714)
• French Polynesia
I've learned to be patient, but before I wasn't. However, in your case this is a long time to wait to hear about your book. I sure hope they will publish it soon.
Thank you. So do I.
@poehere (17714)
• French Polynesia
@mandala100 (36279)
@just4him I hope that your book will be publish soon my friend.
So do I, thank you.
@mandala100 (36279)
@just4him No problem my friend and I'll see you later.
I would've done the same as you.
Thank you. I hate waiting on anything.
@just4him me too mostly.
I have had to work on this. I am not a very patient person either
I think a lot of people need to work on it too.
@fishtiger58 (30363)
• Momence, Illinois
I'm not patient about much. I hope your email helps to move things along.
So do I. I hate this waiting game.
@prashu228 (25810)
I have lots of patience, and that's also a negative..more than required
Sometimes it can be. I think I displayed a lot of it and still I am no further along than I was before I sent that e-mail.
@dodoazo (17408)
I'm impatient. I hate to keep me waiting. If you happen to go over my previous posts I had written about how long the patience should be.
My patience wears thin fast. However, this time I decided to wait, knowing someone was reviewing it and I know it takes time to read 500 pages. But not this long.
Hope everything works out and, patient to a point, but I lose my patience if something is late.
Thank you. I hope so too. That is totally understandable.
I'd be ansy too if I were in your shoes. I don't have a lot of patience when waiting for a call or email or when I'm in traffic. But I'm working on it!
Traffic doesn't bother me, but waiting on calls and e-mails, that I totally understand. Thank you. I hope I get some good news from them soon and don't need to wait for another month.
I hope your wishes are answered and soon. I am not a patient person either.
Thank you. That's what I'm hoping for.
@1hopefulman (26270)
I'm a person of action and when there is something to be done, I like it done quickly. I guess we both need to pray for a bit more patience.
Never pray for patience, God will give you something you need patience for.
@vandana7 (62594)
Not very patient. I would definitely not have been as patient..:)
I'm usually not, but I tend to be hopeful that today is the day. After a month, I couldn't wait any longer.
I am one of little patience. I do not wait well for anything. I have worked on being patient, and I have improved just a bit.
I'm glad you've improved. Maybe I have too having waited a whole month for a positive answer or any kind of answer.
@kobesbuddy (41131)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Ordinarily, I'm a fairly patient person. After waiting for something over a long period of time, my blood starts to get a little bit warmer. Then, whoever it is gets notified one last time, in hopes that I don't have use extreme measures. When I finally blow up over an issue, they definitely know that I've reached my peak of tolerance!
@kobesbuddy (41131)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Sometimes, stalling is a sign of trouble at the other end
I didn't wait that long. I've been there. Yes, stalling can be a sign of trouble I am unaware of.
@kobesbuddy (41131)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I'd give them a final date and time, that you need to be informed about your publication.
@just4him Valerie, I understand what you are saying when waiting for an answer to something and no repsonse so you have to take charge of the situation. I used to be more patient than I am now.
I never did get a reply from them, and fired them as my editors and published Freedom's Cry the end of October. I also got a refund, for everything but the cover photo, which belongs to me since I paid for it.
@just4him Valerie, good for you for firing them. It is a same you did not get all of your refund.
@Hannihar If I had, I wouldn't have had the cover for my book. So it was worth it. I got all the rest of it.