How I Made it Through Today is Beyond Me!

I had about 5 hours sleep last night. Decided to stay up a little later because I wasn't sleeping well when I went to bed early. Yeah that backfired. Little Miss was up and down, whining, calling out for me in her sleep. At one point she stood next to the bed and cried until I woke and comforted her. She did go back to sleep in her own bed. I no sooner got to sleep when I heard noises from outside. Woke the hubby to tell him that something was in the garbage cans. He jumped up from bed, grabbed his clothes and headed out the front door with flashlight in hand. Yup, it was a bear. Hubby couldn't find him. The dang thing made quite a mess. An hour later, hubby came back to bed. I fell asleep for a few minutes when Little Miss woke up crying. She climbed in bed with us and tossed and turned, poked, kneed, pulled my hair, and whimpered in my ear. After an hour of that, I took her to the sofa and lay back the recliner. She continued to be restless. That was at about 2:30. I woke at 6:15. My body felt like it ran a marathon. I ached from head to toe. Coffee didn't help revive me. Could only drink a half a cup because of the sour stomach I had. Ate a 1/2 bowl of cereal to help with the stomach problem. Crawled through the day. Got home and slept for 20 minutes. Can't wait for bedtime.
Oh man. Thats how it was when my niece came every weekend. Shw always wanted to sleep in my bed or my moms, and when she did we hardly got sleep due to the punching and kicking and stuff. Its like they purposely do it lol. Hope you sleep great tonight
I feel she has outgrown her youth bed. We need to buy a twin bed and set-up her bedroom.
@ElusiveButterfly that could be it.!
@Courtlynn it will be an adjustment for her to be in her own room. I'll probably sleep in there with her for a while.
@dodo19 (26648)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
You definitely had a rough night. It's not easy to go through the day, when you have a rough night like that. I hope you sleep better tonight.
I am laying down now. My muscles are starting to cramp.
@dodo19 (26648)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@ElusiveButterfly yeah, I can understand. Good thing you were in bed. I hope you slept well.
@dodo19 I slept well last night. Little Miss got a good night of rest too. She is battling a cold on top of cutting teeth.
Going for bed time too..Good night! See you tomorrow!
Rest well!
@ElusiveButterfly ..Thanks! Good Morning!
What a terrible night you had. I hope that tonight everyone sleeps well and you don't wake up until tomorrow morning.
That would be lovely! I am so tired at the moment that I could go to bed now. But, we are just finishing our dinner.
@Srbageldog (2519)
That sounds like a horrible night. I'm sorry you didn't get much rest! Hopefully you'll get a good night's rest tonight.
We both are doing better today. Poor thing isn't feeling well. Came home with a head cold.
Hope that tonight is a lot better than the one you just had.
It has taken a few days to catch up on my sleep. I am trying to go to bed earlier. Have to get up earlier too so it is a must.
That does sound like quite the night. I didn't sleep long enough either.
If I can get at least 7 hours of rest I am good to go.
Sorry you had such a rough night, I hope tonight will be better for you.
Laurel, I hope we all rest well and that the near stays away tonight.
Your whole family really did have a rough night. I hope all sleep well tonight!!
I was thinking of taking a muscle relaxer to help me. But, I don't want the grogginess the next day.
I hope last night was better. Sorry the coffee didn't help.
Coffee only helps if I have had enough rest to have my muscles relax and ready for another day. Otherwise I get tense and sick to my stomach.
@ElusiveButterfly That's not good.
@just4him I've thought about drinking tea and it may come down to that eventually.
@RubyHawk (18838)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That was a bad night. I have a hard time sleeping even though I don't have bears an children keeping me awake. I hope you can sleep tonight without interruption.
The bear is still coming back to see if it can get an easy meal. The trash has been taken away and there isn't anything left for it to forage. I am sure my neighbors have a tasty snack for him though. They leave out their bird feeders. All he needs to do is cross the lawn to their place and he has his pick of feeders.
@RubyHawk (18838)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ElusiveButterfly I would be terrified if bears were wandering around my neighborhood. I wouldn't want harm to come to the bear but what can you do?
@RubyHawk I worry about my granddaughter's safety.
@poehere (15696)
• French Polynesia
Some nights are like this with children. It seems they know when we are so tired and can't move and they have a restless night and can't sleep. Hope tonight is better for you and you can get a good sleep.
We were both able to get some rest last night. Little Miss now has a head cold to go along with her cutting teeth. Tylenol helps make her feel better. So, with that said, she slept better last night and so did I.
@poehere (15696)
• French Polynesia
@ElusiveButterfly Normally stuff or runny noise goes along with cutting teeth. My daughter cut her teeth so fast it was amazing. She started at 3 months old and had 2 in. By 6 months she had 10 and was eating table food.
@poehere Little Miss was late with cutting her teeth. Her molars are coming in now and she is in a lot of pain.
@SonjaRae (5630)
Oh gosh those kinds of nights are terrible and leave you dragging through the day. I hope you sleep better tonight
Yesterday I had one client and was only doing companionship for him. We sat and chatted for 6 hours. There was a few moments where it was hard to find something to discuss and I found myself getting sucked into the vortex of grogginess. Had to get up and walk around a bit.
@SonjaRae (5630)
@KrauseHome (32375)
Hope this finds you feeling better. Don't you Love when you have days like this, and everything seems against you?
It has been a rough few days since then. Little Miss is battling a cold and is achy and whiney. I try to help her with children's Tylenol to ease her discomfort. Even so, she still wakes. Last night she slept fairly well and so did I. How are you doing?
@prashu228 (18669)
I am suffering from stomach pain from yesterday, it may be due to gas...i don't know.. it's severe pain
Try eating ginger, it helps settle the stomach.
Oh the joys of grandmotherhood!
Yes it is a joy most of the time. I do enjoy when she calls my name and smiles during the day. The nighttime is brutal though. LOL.
You will sleep well tonight!