Round and Round on MyLot I Must Go

@poehere (17456)
French Polynesia
There are days on the site that I feel like I am just spinning around and around and I haven’t gotten anywhere. Today is one of those days. For the last few days I haven’t had a lot of time here. Therefore, my notifications have piled up and I try and weed through them. If I spend time on notifications, I can’t read or respond to other discussions. Furthermore, I want to write, but I can’t. Once I answer one notification it seems 5 more pop up. The more I answer, the more new ones I have. Planning and trying to be active, I have decided to just read and comment. At least this way I can see what other people are saying. However, when I do this my notifications pile up even more. Now I have twice as much to answer. Do you ever feel like it is an endless circle on the site where you don’t have time to do it all? Happy MyLotting everyone and hope that you can find an even balance to your circle of fun here on the site. You gotta love MyLot it is a great place to be.
I had a few things to do this morning, every time I come back to myLot I find more notifications. I have read may be 10 posts during all the morning.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I wished I could read a bit more but I am not on here in the morning and onlyu can find a little bit of time in the late afternoon and sometimes in the evening.
@poehere I am often busy in the morning, I come online when I have a break.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@LadyDuck I am up early, clean the house, yard, and feed the little dog. Then have coffee and read emails and take care of stuff for my work. After this I go to the organic garden and spend 6 or so hours there cleaning, weeding, planting and watering. Now home and work on my client's computers. It is late when I do come here that is why it feels like it never ends. I think if I did come a few times now and then it would be a lot less to do all at once.
@YrNemo (7648)
Yes, it happened a few days ago. I was so shocked the way I just tidied one lot of notification, turned around, another pile appeared. On and on... Then I feel guilty for not go reading new discussions, but I ran out of time...
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
This was how I was feeling yesterday. I had to take a break and stop. I am still ryig now to catch up on this. Hopefully soon I can do this.
@YrNemo (7648)
@poehere There are days when not many people around too, have you noticed that?
I really don't let this place get to me like that. It is not supposed to be 'work'. It is supposed to be fun.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I don't either Abby. I was just making a point that at times it seems like and endless cycle of notifications. I basically come here for fun and relaxation. I enjoy reading what others write. The notifications are just part of it and I do them when I can.
I just come here between other tasks, that\s my way to relax. I do answer the notifications and write a post once in a while.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
Basically I am only here in the late evening or sometimes like today in the late afternoon. So not a lot of time so the notifications do pile up rather quickly here.
MY notifications come first and then comes everything else. I don't find it a problem at all. I am commenting to my followers for one hour then I will go back to the notifications. Always
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
This is what I try to do. At times I miss so much and try to find people's new topics. I don't have a lot of time on here so I try to make the most of what I do have. I agree notifications come first and all the ret comes next. Now I just split it 50-50 and it seems to work out a bit better.
I was like that many years ago but I found a way to deal with it. I had a schedule for answering my notification. The first thing I usually do is to answer all notification in the morning for about two to three hours. I open them in another tab. I would open three tabs for mylot. That makes things faster for me. I don't answer the new notifications yet until I'm done with the old. If I have something to discuss, I would write then and when I'm done, I would go back to my notification. I always multi-task.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I don't have that much time. i have a way to handle them, but at times they do pile up. I am done now except for the few new ones that are coming in. Normally I answer 10, then to and read and comment. If i can think of a topic I will write it and post it before attacking more notifications.
@poehere When I don't have time, I don't write my own discussions. I seldom do these days because I don't have the time to. So I'm more visible in other's posts than writing my own discussion.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@toniganzon I was doing that for a while. Some of the comments I made on them were never answered. So I gave up on a lot of people at this time. Then I only went to posts that I knew the person would answer me back on. Seemed to be better. If I do have a free moment or two I do like to post now and then. I try to interact more than I post.
It is a round circle write a discussion and than read others and go back and answer your responds and go read others discussions again. Round and round is right.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I thought it was only me. Today has been one of the round and round days. Glad not so many people send me a comment on the response I left them. Tomorrow will be a new day and I will have a lot more to answer all over again.
@poehere Yes tomorrow you get to go round and round again. Get some sleep tonight.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@jstory07 Think that is a good idea. First it is a shower than a movie or two then some sleep. Thanks have a wonderful night.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Sometimes I just have to quit and come back later. Other times, like right now, I'm on here in the middle of the night and there is little action.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
That is the way I feel too. I can't be on here for hours on end. I have other things going on and this is just a fun place to relax and enjoy.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
• Riga, Latvia
There are busy days and quiet days. I too have found that at busy days or moment I comment and read and then I notice that I have more notification to respond to but I enjoy that because it is like having actual conversations with everyone online.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
This one is so true. I do look forward to reading some of he comments from certain people because we carry on and on and have a lot of fun like this.
@Morleyhunt (15946)
I've been too busy to spend much time on mylot. As a result I have a lot less notifications.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
This one sounds good. I seem to have a lot because I don't have time to do them all and they pile up.
@acelawrites (10645)
It happens to me too sometimes when I can not attend to myLot more often.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
When this happens i feel like all I do is play catch up. I need to answer the notifications because it helps the earning of the people who responded to my topics. I also want to go to their topics and read them too. Wow I guess I need more time here and I just don't have it.
@shshiju (9194)
• Cochin, India
If your notification piles up , it means more people like to interact with you . You can avoid the likes by fixing the stetting .
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I did that a long time ago I got rid of likes. This is actual comments. Thanks.
@dodoazo (10238)
In my early membership in myLot, I couldn't stop the piling up notifications. But now, it's scarce. I could eeasily manage them.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
Most the time I have this under control. I haven't been here much in the past 3 days so they were really piled up today. I decided to post one discussion and then had a lot of responses on it. That is when I wrote this one. Now I am caught up and I have responded to a lot of topics I missed over the last few days. I feel better now.
@Blondie2222 (17749)
Some days i feel like this yes. I can get thru my notifications, go read and respond to others then I'm back up again. If I can't get to them all in one day i wait til the next day or next time I'm on to do it. I don't stress about it as this is just a fun site for me and a bonus payment when i can make it.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
You are so right and this is how I feel. I am not stressing over all this. It is just funny to see how fast they can pile up.
@Blondie2222 (17749)
@poehere Yes it is and glad to know your not stressing over it, life isn't worth it.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@Blondie2222 There is no reason to stress over all this. I get to them here and there and most the time I can get them done and if not there is always tomorrow. I do like to read and comment too so I spend a lot fo time on this.
I would go crazy if I tried to do it all. I only do the notifications, and IF I have time, rarely, I will get to those other discussions. It happens, and did not too long ago. But those days are far and few between. Right now I have two days worth of notifications to wade through.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
This totally sounds like me. i don't have all the time in the world to do this. I just do some here and there and get as much done as I can.
@poehere I'm getting caught up. Still a little ways to go, but I should be done hopefully in the next hour.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@just4him I did a few this morning, then had to run, came back did a few more, now just returned home from the airport and trying to do some more. Not sure I will finish this any time soon. Oh well there is always tomorrow.
@Tina30219 (25822)
• Onaway, Michigan
I agree with Sharon notifications come first then you can post and interact with others I always do notifications first.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I try to do some and then interact. For me posting comes last. I like to read and interact here and I alternate between reading and notifications.
@Tina30219 (25822)
• Onaway, Michigan
@poehere You can only do what you can do you will catch up
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@Tina30219 That is so right. I am moving right along because tonight is slow here on the site. This makes things go faster and not so many notifications popping up all the time.
@kobesbuddy (17090)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, this happens to me, especially when I'm gone and can't be here for an entire day. It's like spinning around in a circle, as you've explained very well. When that happens, I just log out and go find something else to occupy my thoughts.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
You are so right. I just do a few and try to move forward. The new ones taht come in just need to wait.
@kobesbuddy (17090)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@poehere If mine start mounding up, I turn it off. I get overwhelmed, at times!
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@kobesbuddy Me too.
@Platespinner (18095)
I do what I can and refuse to worry about things I can't control.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
Excellent choice and this is what I try to do. I do like to answer back people because my answer does add money to your earning.
@poehere I don't have a lot of time to spend here. But I do try to comment whenever and where ever I can.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
@Platespinner Excellent - me too.
@sallypup (20874)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Its a friendly circle, anyway.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
That it is.
Yes I am 903 behind and i cannot get them all.
@poehere (17456)
• French Polynesia
I thought I w3as bad. You have more than me. I was at 256 and going crazy. I get down under 100 and before I know it I am back up again. Yikes.