To save the mother or to save the child

Nairobi, Kenya
I am watching a movie here and the mother is pregnant with her first child. She has a kidney condition and the doctor told the husband to choose between saving the mother or the child. It is really tough. If you save the child, the child will grow up without the love of a mother. If you save the mother, she might get well soon and give birth to many children in the future. Who would you want to be saved and why?
@Yadah04 (2901)
I would be saving the mother because, just what you said, she could still give borth to other babies.
• Nairobi, Kenya
She doesn't want to be saved. Will it be okay if the doctors forced her to terminate the baby?
I agree on that
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Christinb Me too
The mother for the same reason you said. If I were to grow knowing my mom lost her life having me. i would be sad forever.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yeah. Even her husband wants that but the mother wants to lose her life to save the baby
@ilocosboy (32199)
Oh my gosh that is really heartbreaking but if I have really need to choose I will the mother.
• Nairobi, Kenya
She has been forced by the husband and doctor to terminate the baby. She doesn't want and is crying. Do you think they did the right thing?
@ilocosboy (32199)
@mildredtabitha I really say if they did the right thing.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@ilocosboy That is the worst situation a woman could find herself in
I think you should save the mother.
• Nairobi, Kenya
You are right but she doesn't want to be saved :(
@dodoazo (10238)
Well, this is a difficult situation. However, it could done by not sacrificing the mother or the child. Why the mother has a kidney disease and it could be cured. That means the mother and the child may live. Gets my point?
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yes. I hope that it is possible to save them both but the mother is stubborn. She doesn't want medicine. She wants her child to be saved and the husband to marry another woman
@dodoazo (10238)
@mildredtabitha That's terrible. She doesn't want to live.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@dodoazo She has been taken to hospital by force so that the baby can be removed.
@shaynas (5562)
I feel the mother should be saved in such conditions.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Her husband wants that too but the mother wants her child to be saved. They haven't agreed. I will also like for the mother to be saved
@shaynas (5562)
@mildredtabitha No mother would agree to save her life over her kid. That's why a mother's love is next to god's ! :)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@shaynas You are very right. I will wait and see how the movie goes on. Todays episode ended when the mother was dragged to hospital so that doctors can remove it by force
I believe if the pregnancy was very early, I would save the mother. If a mother has other children to care for, then definitely save the mother.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Nice point.. I would also do the same. Too bad it is her first and she was told to be ready because if it is removed she will never get pregnant again
@mildredtabitha That is very sad, my friend.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Corbin5 That is why I think men are lucky. Women go through a lot
@1hopefulman (19655)
I think the choice would be up to the mother. I knew one couple that faced that dilemma and the mother wanted her child to live. The husband later remarried and the new wife helped to raise the child which was a girl.
• Nairobi, Kenya
It is so sad the mother had to lose her life. But nothing beats the love of a mother. :)
@1hopefulman (19655)
@mildredtabitha There was no way they could save both. The doctors tried hard. You are right! I know my mother would have done the same.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@1hopefulman Mothers are the best
I would save the mother, but heartbreaking choice to make.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yes it is very heartbreaking. Would you force the mother to terminate the baby if she refuses?
@mildredtabitha No I would not force her too it's up to her.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@TRBRocks420 You are right. They should listen to her because she controls both her life and her child's life
@kiran8 (14878)
• Mangalore, India
Very difficult decision to make. I guess the doctor is the only one qualified enough to decide as t who has a better chance in the future. Nobody should be faced with such a choice ...
• Nairobi, Kenya
You are very right.
I don't think it's that easy to just tell her that she can have new babies again even if the child didn't make it. That would be her first and it would be traumatic if she learns that she was chosen over her child. I would chose the child.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Nice point. :) That is what the mother wants too :)
That's a tough decision. I would just leave that one in God's hands.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Very nice. Miracles do happen :)
@prashu228 (22247)
Mother should be saved, and that's the right thing
• Nairobi, Kenya
I totally agree with you
@kepweng (5955)
its hard to choose friend maybe both its so sad how about you who would you help?
• Nairobi, Kenya
I would save the mother
• Japan
One of my friends learned she had uterine cancer when she was pregnant. They believed that it was better to pray and have the baby, knowing that the mother might die. Now almost 30 years later the mom and baby (adult) are both alive and the mom is now a grandmother. They had great faith in God.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Wow! I admire their faith. That is the best way to save both lives :)
@NoorNoor (527)
Surely Mother.No matter that the mother wants to save the baby.
• Nairobi, Kenya
You are right my friend. But I also feel it is bad to kill a child. :( killing is bad
@Lizirazo (2517)
I'll choose to save the mother.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Me too but it is the toughest decision ever because she was told that when that child is removed, she can't give birth again
@Lizirazo (2517)
@mildredtabitha that's a tough one.