Can Someone Tell Me What This Is?

Mystery Kitchen Gadget
@bagarad (8152)
Paso Robles, California
This is one of the things I found while sorting stuff that came from either my mom or my husband's mom. Hubby says he never saw his mom use it, and it does look more like something my mom would have bought. I found it in a sack along with cookie cutters, biscuit cutters, and cake decorating tools. I'm guessing it has something to do with cutting dough. Can any of you into baking tell me what it is so I can figure out how to describe it when I list it to sell? The photo shows two different views. My guess is that it turns over biscuit or cookie dough to make cut-outs, sort of like a rolling pin, but I still need a name for it.
Here it is:
Foley rolling cookie cutter canape biscuit pasta 3 shapes aluminum size 2" VTG in Collectibles, Kitchen & Home, Kitchenware | eBay
I would not want to make cookies with it. Maybe biscuits.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
Thank you, JJ.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
@jstory07 I think it would need to be something thicker than your average cookie. Biscuits seem to be about right.
Those things are old cookies cutters.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
But it looks so shiny and new. If it were old, I would have seen her use it when I was growing up. Unless it was my husband's mother's. But he never saw it either. It's possible one of them could have bought it after we left home in 1964. Would you consider that old?
@bagarad I have checked online, it's old, it's very old, this specific design is of the late 50's. It is very possible that it looks like new because nobody used it. In the apartment of my mother there are plenty of things that are more than 60 years old and look like new, she does not use them.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
@LadyDuck I guess that makes me very old since I predate the late fifties. I graduated from high school in 1960, so for me, the late 50's doesn't seem so old.
@pgntwo (20848)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
You may be right:
I found it on eBay too
@JolietJake Is it worth a lot of money.
@jstory07 The one I saw sells for $13
I see it appears to be made by Foley, are there any other identifying marks or numbers on it somewhere?
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
There are some numbers printed on it that may have been inventory and price. 125 17(cent symbol). Also, FOLEY MFG.MPLS, MINN.
I have never seen it before and can't guess what it is ,no matter how I use my imagination.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
I only guessed it was for cutting shapes in dough because it was packed with cookie cutters.
@bagarad You just couldn't name it.Mylot is a great place to resolve some problems.I see some posts answered your question.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
@changjiangzhibin89 Usually my putting our heads together on myLot we can solve most problems. We each have unique experiences and perspectives.
I have learned something reading this discussion
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
So have I.
@owlwings (38271)
• Cambridge, England
Such are the wonders of the Internet and the myLot community combined! You have your answer, I believe! Now, I would immediately go and roll out some cookie dough, use the cutter and bake the cookies to display in the photo when you put it on eBay!
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
I probably won't put it on eBay. I'm listing these things in a local Facebook Buy Sell group to avoid having to ship. I discontinued my shipping program when I stopped selling books. It's too expensive unless I'm shipping regularly. Maybe when I get enough things listed I will do eBay again and get the shipping program back, but I'm not ready for that right now. EBay also collects a lot in fees. The FB group is free.
@owlwings (38271)
• Cambridge, England
@bagarad I agree about the shipping and eBay fees!
I would have never guess it was a cookie cutter!
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
I think it's more for biscuits and canapes.
Not sure what it is. It looks like a flower shape to me in the second picture but I don't know what it would be used for.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
I think some of those above have figured it out.
@Morleyhunt (17102)
I see it didn't take too long for someone to find an answer for you.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
Isn't that great? Another reason I love myLot.
It seems you have your answer in the comments. I thought it was a biscuit cutter but that was as far as I got.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
MyLotters are very wise. Between them, someone is always likely to answer the hard questions.
I have not got a clue to what that is. Sorry but maybe someone else will know.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
At least I know I'm not the only one in the dark.
@YrNemo (8996)
Now I know that in the old time, how a cookie cutter looked like.
@sallypup (23234)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I love it. Wooden handle, too. Wooden handled tools are just sweet.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
I've never quite thought of it that way. Why do you like the wooden handles so much?
@sallypup (23234)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@bagarad Wooden handles remind me of the days when things were made by hand. Things had a nice way to them then. I have a Foley food mill that has a worn red wooden handle. There are so many woods, too. One of my old dressers is oak; another is made of teak and bamboo. Craftsmanship that isn't made these days.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
@sallypup I agree that things are no longer made as well as they used to be made. Those things made in America we had when I was growing up and in my early years of marriage were much better products -- especially the clothes.
Looks like a pastry cutter of some sort.
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
It is. See comments below.
• Baguio, Philippines
It's like a baking equipment...
@bagarad (8152)
• Paso Robles, California
That much I had figured out because of how it was packaged. I just needed a name for it.
@HazySue (17581)
They look antique and in good shape. I think they are cookie cutters.