The war within

Nairobi, Kenya
This is a name of a movie. It is about a man, his wife and their daughter. Their daughter died in a car accident. They were both in car when their daughter wanted her mother to see a story book about Jesus. The father was arguing with her mother and no one was paying attention to the child's requests. That is how they got in a car accident. The movie focuses on the war in the man's head because he feels that his daughter died because of him. Well, that is not my point. I have watched the movie twice. The second time I watched the movie I noticed the name God and Jesus were censored. The actors could talk but you can't hear those two names when in their conversation. The TV goes silent at that part and I was wondering why. Do you know any reasons as to why some words are always censored?
I suppose God and Jesus were censored so as not to upset those of other religions.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks my friend. I believe that is true. I never knew it could offend people from other religions
The sponsors might not want that part mentioned due to religion reasons.
• Nairobi, Kenya
You are right. I never thought it could get this serious. I expected only abusive words to be censored.
Some countries censor God's name overall, but the only time I hear it bleeped out in my country is if it is basic cable or regular TV, and it is used in a curse. I prefer it bleeped out if it is going to be used in a curse.
• Nairobi, Kenya
What do you mean when you mention 'used in a curse'? which curse? I'm starting to get scared
@mildredtabitha g*d d*mn. That curse, which I hate.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@AmbiePam Which curse? When you say 'Curse' I feel you mean a bad thing but I don't understand which curse. @dodoazo Come here and help explain
@aureliah (3885)
Omitting God's name could have been the reason.
• Nairobi, Kenya
That is possible too. It might be that they are mentioning something else instead
@aureliah (3885)
@mildredtabitha what's the title?
• Nairobi, Kenya
@aureliah the title is ... The War Within
@Akatheu (427)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I would love to see the movie. Have not watched it yet?
• Nairobi, Kenya
It is nice and you will enjoy it :)
@Akatheu (427)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@mildredtabitha I think I should look for it soon. It sounds interesting
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Akatheu Just a 2 hour movie. :) I hope you like it
@dodoazo (11141)
That's a part of censorship when God and Jesus are being cursed or blamed. They shouldn't be blamed in any manner. They should be praised and be thankful of.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I also felt the same way. I expected abusive words to be censored only but in this case it was different. My brother told me that maybe many people complained about the movie and that is why we can't hear the actors say God and Jesus when they start talking about the bible
@mildredtabitha A lot of Islamic countries (and communist) don't let God or Jesus of the Bible be spoken of in movies and television
• Nairobi, Kenya
@AmbiePam so, does that mean that Christians should also censor the name Muhammad ?
@Lizirazo (2514)
They censor the word "God" in almost all the movies in my country, they even blank out the word on all the written interpretations on the T.V screen. I used to wonder why they do such until someone told me that the name is too big and powerful to be used anyhow by people all for the sake of acting. So I guess they are very respective of the name "God" that's why it's been censored.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks. I now understand. :) As long as their intention is good then they are doing the right thing.
@Lizirazo (2514)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@kepweng (6341)
sad movies friend but the censored thing maybe its violence movie?
• Nairobi, Kenya
To me it is a good movie with a nice message
@1hopefulman (20269)
I never heard of those words being censored. Could it be that those words are considered to be too holy to be used in a movie?
@Bluedoll (16823)
Censorship is dangerous but I suspect in order to fulfill a rating like "G" it can be achieved by simply bleeping out some words. Cursing is interesting. Who can curse God? They really only curse themselves.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yeah. I never noticed anything wrong in what they said but coming to think of it, a person named "fear' in the mind of the main actor used to be against the right thing. I'm not sure who cursed the Holy name since I rarely pay attention to every word.
@Phelly02 (473)
I'm looking forward to see this movie and why they censored God or Jesus name.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am sure you will like it
• Mombasa, Kenya
Loved this discussion, learnt alot
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am happy to know you learned a lot :)