I have discovered the Pioneer Woman ! ( Ranch cooking at its best !)

United Kingdom
Over the summer months I was introduced to a new cookery programme ...New to me anyway ...I have since found out that this series has been running since 2011. Ree Drummond lives on a ranch and the series shows her life with her family on the ranch and her many cookery talents. She can turn her hand to just about anything ....simple or fancy, and it all seems to take no time at all to prepare and cook. Oh , and by the way ... I just love her accent too x
@mandala100 (43572)
@Traceyjane This seems to be a very interesting program my friend.
She lives in Oklahoma like me. I have her book. Not her cookbook, but the one that is like her memoir. It's good.
so I guess you are familiar with her and her family then. Might try and find if we can get her book over here for Mums Christmas present.
@Traceyjayne She has an online store if you are interested.
@Ganma7 (2829)
@Traceyjayne Perfect gift!
Never heard of the woman, but I'm not much of a cookery show watcher. Except Come Dine with Me ... I love that.
I 'found' her on the Food Network channel over the summer. (its not in our tv listings book but its channel 41). I too love Come Dine With Me....I try and record it now I am back at work.
@Ganma7 (2829)
@Traceyjayne I would like to see that come dine with me
@sishy7 (27647)
Sounds like a wonderful show! Good to see you back, by the way... It's been a while...
yes, a very enjoyable show .....and thank you .... good to be back x
@Ganma7 (2829)
I also like the pioneer woman, her recipes and she has kitchen dishes, pans and decorative items of her's in stores now.
I didn't know she did pans etc
It is good for entertainment but I wouldn't make any of her recipes.
Sounds like a very useful program to watch!!
So what sort of appetite does a ranch hand maiden attend to preparing, what sorts of delicious things does she make ?