Sept 27- Someone tried to sign in my Gmail account

@peachpurple (12875)
Malaysia
I had just turn on my laptop and Google prompt a message immediately that had shocked me. This message appeared: Google prevent a sign in attempt from an unknown device; Columbus, OH, USA - August 31, 2:43 AM I was glad that Google sent me this important alert message because I am residing in MALAYSIA, so how could I sign in from USA, right??? My Gmail account was almost Hacked by a stranger. I log in with my password and Google suggested that I should change my password and remove any websites that requires my email, which I did. Thankfully that my Gmail account is safe now. What would I do without Google ??! Have you ever receive Google Alert Notifications or message? My photo: Screen shot from my laptop
@sabtraversa (13326)
Yes, it happened to me before. I changed password as suggested. However, the message said they prevented someone from accessing, so I felt quite safe, it should mean they couldn't manage to log in.
@peachpurple (12875)
Yup it did, it also has the function of contact the owner if sign attempt is not from the device right?
@sabtraversa (13326)
@peachpurple Yes, I think you receive that message as soon as someone attempts to access to your Gmail account.
@dgobucks226 (12105)
Yes, it is a good idea to change your password from time to time. Glad they warned you!
@peachpurple (12875)
yes, it is about time, I had forgotten when was the last time I changed the password
@Ganma7 (2829)
Yes it is a good idea to change the password often
I receive all the time this kind of notifications, because I use different computers and Gmail always inform me that I am accessing the account with another device. Even if I know, I appreciate to be informed.
I'll be more careful when giving out my email address.
someone from Phoenx arzona triedf to sign in to my pauypal account amd they notfied me asking if I had gone t o Phoei x as tjey would not let tje stramger in we changed my password right there tje paypal lady helped me and I was not hacked
@peachpurple (12875)
thanks for reminding me, I need to change my paypal password today
No thank God I have never been hacked.
@peachpurple (12875)
Luckily for you, how often ypu had changed your password?
@vsai2008 (7835)
I change passwords every 6 months, so I never had this kind of problems :)
@peachpurple (12875)
Good practice, I have to remind myself then
@vsai2008 (7835)
@peachpurple I think you need to give it a try :)
@peachpurple (12875)
@vsai2008 ok will do
@Ganma7 (2829)
I have not had this happen. Sorry it did to you
@peachpurple (12875)
thanks
@kepweng (14633)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
oh my god thats what im asking in one of my post do you read it ?? maybe you gave your password in unknown websites?
@peachpurple (12875)
for example?
@prashu228 (25811)
I get these kind of mails too, so i change my password