How do they do it?

@BarBaraPrz (17534)
St. Catharines, Ontario
No matter where I buy my oranges, there's always one in the bag that goes all powder-moldy. Just threw out another one.
I have had clients tell at me for choosing bad produce. I tell them that they looked fine when I picked them up. Not sure what happens after that.
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It's a fruit conspiracy!
• Marion, Kansas
@ElusiveButterfly I believe clients are always going to look for a reason to yell. They are mad and frustrated at not being able to do for themselves anymore.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Its very sad now Barbara..all the produce here is rotten too.
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It is sad.
• Marion, Kansas
If I buy a bag there is always that one piece of fruit that goes bad. I like to handle each piece myself and then bag them. Then the mold is less likely to happen.
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I like the clementines and they don't usually come in bulk, just in net bags. But even in net bags, there's that one that looks good when bought but goes by the time you're halfway through the bag.
@YrNemo (8519)
Just got that same trouble yesterday. I so wanted to kick myself for choosing a bad bag (but I did check very careful!).
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I don't think you chose a bad bag. The oranges seem to be programmed to pick one of their bunch to go *poof!* in every bag.
@YrNemo (8519)
@BarBaraPrz good programmer then . (I swear that happened often. One got bad every second day or so after you found the first moldy one... )
Same here...there's always one in the bag
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I know!
@rachael5760 (2538)
• Israel
I would suggest that when you get home, take them out of the bag and dry them off. Maybe they have some water from the store still on them and if they are in the bag with too much water one or more might get mouldy.
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Good advice, but these are in net bags so shouldn't have water on them.
• Japan
Yes, always. Or mushy on one side.
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Mushy I can deal with but that green powder mold... don't know what effect it has if you should breathe some in.
@Paula76 (59)
• Sharpsburg, Georgia
I always just buy the singles that way I can tell what I am buying and besides if I bought the bag they all would go bad on me before I could eat them all.
@bunnybon7 (33054)
• Holiday, Florida
i know and bananas seem to go quicker these days. thanks @BarBaraPrz for reminding me i was wrong on a canadian post. sometimes i forget
@franxav (3728)
My lady bought half a kilo of of them, many of them got spoiled and had to be thrown out.
@peachpurple (11034)
yeah, those workers are really bad, putting in 1-3 bad ones into the good ones, just like humans
@BarBaraPrz (17534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
All the oranges look fine when you buy them, but they don't all stay fine.
@noni1959 (2651)
I notice that too and then the others begin from that one.