Hello Again.

By Jabo
United Kingdom
Hello to all my friends here. I've been taking a break, but am about ready to come back now. I hope you are all well, and I'm looking forward to catching up with you again and seeing what you have been up to. Please fill me in if there is anything I should know regarding the site. Nothing special has been going on in my world, just ticking over. My husband and I are looking forward to going back to Spain again next month. My garden is about over by now, just a few salvias, geraniums and marigolds hanging on. The photo is of one of my pots.. I'll try to visit as many of you as I can., starting with those who left messages for me while I was away. Then I'll obviously visit anyone who responds to this post. See you around.
So nice to see you here. Spain sounds like it will make for a wonderful vacation. I have a few flowers that are still in bloom, but soon, they will be gone.
Hi Corbin. Yes Spain makes a lovely break for us - we go for a month. Hope you are well
@silvermist (15823)
Hello @jaboUK welcome .Glad that you are back.I do not think there has been any drastic changes here at mylot.That is sad to hear that your garden is about over now.But those flowers in the pot are beautiful.
@silvermist Thank you for the welcome. I've only been gone for just over a couple of months, so I didn't really think there would be many changes. Glad you liked my pot.
@silvermist (15823)
@jaboUK How would the climate in Spain during November be compared to England?
@silvermist It will be a lot warmer than England, though probably not hot. 65/75 degrees is to be expected.
I was missing you. What are those beautiful blue flowers? Forget me nots? No me olvides? I love the mixture of salvias and marigolds.
Thanks @marguicha . The blue flowers are lobelias, I use them a lot in pots and baskets. I use salvias and marigolds a lot in my garden.
@jaboUK I have had lobelias a long time ago. They are lovely.
I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you. I was glad you responded on the post mentioning your absence. I was getting worried. No changes in the site.
@just4him Good to see you again Valerie, and thanks for being concerned
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I missed Janet, too. We all notice when someone is absent from our "circle of friends" here.
@DeborahDiane Thanks Deborah.
@Asylum (47133)
• Manchester, England
I had not even realised that you were absent. That does not mean that you have not been missed, but I just assumed that you had been interacting with others rather than posting discussions.
@Asylum That's ok Barry, and I hope you are keeping reasonably well?
@Asylum (47133)
• Manchester, England
@jaboUK I seem to be doing fine thank you.
@Asylum That's good.
@KristenH (20356)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Welcome back my friend. Hope you had a good break. Nothing new to report on the site.
@KristenH Hi Kristen, thanks. Yes I had a nice break, it did me good.
@KristenH (20356)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@jaboUK Hi Jabo. Welcome anytime. I'm glad.
It's good to see you back here again!! =) I hope your doing well.
@LovingMyBabies Thanks Jennifer, I feel refreshed and ready to participate again.
• Denmark
Does someone look after your house and garden when you're away? Have you got a house and garden of your own in Spain, too? I hope I'm now on your list of members to respond to. :-)
@MALUSE Oh Malu - I'm not picky - I'll respond to anyone, even you! (I hope you realise I am joking). Are you well? Yes my son looks after the house, though my daughter is here too at the moment and will actually be living here. The garden doesn't require any attention at that time of year. We don't own any property in Spain, we stay in a hotel.
• Denmark
@jaboUK Thanks for the prompt response!
Hi Janet so happy to see you back. Your potted flowers still look pretty even though the season is coming to an end. Glad that you are hubby are doing well. Gee can't believe it's almost time for you to go to Spain again (time flies)
Hello Marilyn, good to see you again. Yes, time does fly - we are going to Spain a little later than normal - we don't go until 21st November, but will be back just before Christmas.
I'm just glad you're back. There's no changes to talk about just not the usual crowd, it's been a wee bit quiet these last couple of weeks. So, planning to go back to Spain, eh? I hope it's sunny and warm while you're there. I still get stuck after the 2nd line of a limerick so I've decided not to try anymore, I'd rather read your's .... hint hint
@rebelann It'll be another month before we go to Spain, but it will be warmer than England. I'll no doubt be posting a poem or two soon
I look forward to it @jaboUK Is it cold there right now? So far it has seemed that this autumn has been warmer than expected in a lot of locations.
@rebelann No, it's quite mild at the moment, but by November it will be cold.
there you are.You are miss here.We wonder what happen to you.Taking a break ?
Yes, I was feeling a bit stale, but I'm refreshed now.
@jaboUK that is good there.You were missed by all here.
@amadeo Thank you Alfredo.
So glad that you are back here. And thank you for the lovely flowers for us.
@marlina Thanks for that sweet comment Marlina. I'm pleased to be back.
@jaboUK And we are pleased to hear from you again.
Welcome back. So nice to see you posting again.
@Happy2BeMe Thanks Laurel, I appreciate you saying that.
@jaboUK you are welcome
myLot is addictive. Not many can stay away for good. Welcome back. I too am not that regular here. I have been given an assignment by a forum where i write, to write articles. I am enjoying that activity and earning good too. They pay me a dollar for an article of 300 words and there is no limit.
@allknowing Hello my friend, good to see you. I'm pleased that you are earning some decent money, but glad that you are still here occasionally
@Daljinder (19822)
Welcome back! I have been waiting around for your break to be over. I had a teensy weensy doubt that you won't be back at all. So, I was worried a bit. I am glad that you are well and happy to be back with us.
@Daljinder Hi DJ. It's true that the longer I stayed away, the harder it became to make the effort to come back, but now that I've done it, I'm happy. Thanks for your sweet comment.
@YrNemo (8455)
Glad to see you back. Hope you accomplished quite a lot of whatever you needed to do in the real world. (I can only come here when I can. Commitments in the real world are driving me crazy!)
@YrNemo I've mostly been gardening, looking after my husband, doing a part time job and writing poems
@YrNemo (8455)
@jaboUK Can't wait to be allowed to read your poems .
@YrNemo I'll put a few on here, no doubt
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
cool. glad you are back. not much going on with me but all my hectic sad posts. lol. we did have a hurricane that i posted about. thank God thats over for a while. i hope.
@bunnybon7 Sorry you were in the hurricane - obviously you survived, and I hope your home wasn't damaged.
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
@jaboUK yes i survived because of all the prayer. strange thing is the afterwards of no power was the scariest for me because of worrying over enough oxygen etc.
@bunnybon7 Yes, I've read your post about it.
• Midland, Michigan
It's good to see that you're back, Janet. I was sort of gone for a while too, in fact I sort of left before you did, but I came back a few weeks ago to the point where I check in almost every day now, not just only to keep my notifications up to date. Of course, once I get more and more of them it may come to me mostly doing that, but we'll see. Lovely plant. I did wonder whether they are still looking that nice or not. Most of mine have quit blooming too although I did plant a bit more seed of wildflowers last month and they are still working there way up out of the ground. I should plant the remainder of my bulbs, but I've been working later than usual and haven't made it outside to do that yet.
That photo was taken a few weeks ago Marsha, it doesn't look like that now.
@Morleyhunt (16545)
I've missed seeing your posts. I've Ben a very erratic Mylotter. The last week even more so...five of the grandkids spent a week.....ah the quiet now that they've gone home.
@Morleyhunt Good to see you Morleyhunt. Five children for a week - Yikes! I should think you are exhausted.
@Morleyhunt (16545)
@jaboUK that doesnt begin to describe how I feel.
@sugartoes (34627)
• Greencastle, Indiana
glad to see you made it back, I hope your break time from here was fun & you have lots of fun things to talk about with us all. rest up we can chat later.
@sugartoes Yes, here I am again like a bad penny
@sugartoes (34627)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jaboUK awesome