what else do you wash in the machine?

https://pixabay.com/en/portugal-evora-washing-laundry-dry-1889423/
we wash clothes, underwear, kitchen and bath towels, blankets, bed sheets, pillow cases, curtains and seat covers. we only have a spinner/wringer so we have to hang and dry them under the sun. i've heard and read of people washing pillows, stuffed toys, shoes and backpacks in the washing machine. what else do you wash in the machine?
@jobelbojel (6899)
Lately, I have been using the DIY here. So easy to use. I can wash towels, jeans, bedsheets.
i tried the coin laundry for the first time last week. i was surprised we have several here in our neighborhood now.
@hereandthere They are all around now no?
@ridingbet (49680)
@hereandthere so, you have the laundromat?
Some I know have bought older second-hand washers and use them for washing horse blankets or pet blankets. I don't use my machine for anything too dirty or heavy.
the horse blankets must be big and heavy.
@hereandthere The summer ones can be lighter and would fit in an average size machine but I should have said saddle blankets rather than horse blankets.
@ridingbet (49680)
just clothes. once though, during my first year as a registered nurse where i used the pantyhose, i machine-washed a pair. when i took the stockings out of the washer, i was surprised because my pantyhose had so many holes already. hahaha! so from then on, i hand-washed my stockings. now that we have the laundrywoman, she hand-washes my stockings as well
i use a net bag for small and/or delicate items and/or fabrics.
I even washed the cats bed in the washing machine.
did you run it through the dryer too?
I wash bed pillows, the outdoor patio umbrella, slipcovers, and athletic shoes in the washing machine in addition to clothing, sheets, pillow cases, and towels..
so the outdoor patio umbrella has a cover that can be removed and washed? do you also put the shoes in the dryer or dry them under the sun?
@hereandthere I actually let the shoes dry in the basement. If I let them dry in the sun, they will have yellow spots on them. Yes, the cover is easily removed from the umbrella and I can wash it in the machine.
@Corbin5 i thought the material would be waterproof.
When I was younger my pair of sneakers - I got a verbal beat down from my mom!
hahaha! i assume she heard it rattling around so she went to investigate.
@hereandthere yeah. It made quite the noise!
Yes, I have washed all of those things in the washing machine I think.
i'm think some small teddy bears have been washed in the past when my other nieces we still here
@cttolledo (4106)
I dont use washing machine in washing shoes and backpacks its too risky. I handwash them to ensure its good condition
in the past we used old toothbrushes when shoes. now i use the old nail brush (the ones that are bigger and wider), not the small ones that manicurists use. of course the toothbrush is better in reaching deep inside the shoes.
@cahaya1983 (10055)
Yes I've washed shoes and pillows in the washing machine. I'dusually spray the shoes with water first to get rid of the mud before putting them inside the machine though.
how many shoes do you wash in one batch? don't they make a noise?
@cahaya1983 (10055)
@hereandthere I think the most I've washed at once is two pairs. I thought about the noise too but no, they didn't make a lot of noise.
@cahaya1983 without the shoelaces, i guess?
I've washed all those you've mentioned in the washing machine! The only other things I can think of are tablecloths, lunch bags, oven mitts and potholders, and oh - that microfiber cloth thing that we put on the steam cleaner (for floors)!
oh, yeah. i also wash the table cloth because it's huge. with the oven mitts and potholders, we have to brush them well first.
@hereandthere With oven mitts and potholders, if they are yucky, I give them a good rinse first and then toss them into the washing machine.
I wash all those things. Some rugs too and curtains. And the cat's bed
most houses here don't have rugs or carpets, but we use lots of doormats. we wash and brush them manually, but use the spinner to wring out excess water before hanging to dry under the sun.
@hereandthere I put the rugs in the machine.
@YrNemo (11747)
You have listed everything there I think. A number of times, we washed money by accidents. The coins left in pockets of trousers, pants, came out shining, quite funny!
in our old machine, the coins got stuck. meanwhile paper and tissue in pockets disintegrate and stick to everything in white bits.
@YrNemo (11747)
@hereandthere We got filters, lucky us, right? Regardless, some tissues still gone into pieces and got stuck to everything...
@JustBhem (31976)
• Davao, Philippines
I never wash stuffed toys and shoes and backpacks too. The one that did not mention there are pants.
because i see pants as part of clothes (damit)
@JustBhem (31976)
• Davao, Philippines
@hereandthere Ahahaha. I see. Now we are on the same page.
Yes, I also wash the stuffed toys if they are not very big. At least they have to be put inside the washing machine
you mean the one your son takes with you on your travels?
shower curtain inserts.gets the slimy feeling right off.
@rubyriaz007 (3394)
I wash curtains, blankets, bedsheets, jeans, and soft toys in my washing machine.
I do not wash shoes, stuffed toys or pillows in my washing machines, only all the stuff you have mentioned.
@acelawrites (10931)
Just the same as yours. I do not wash shoes or bags in the washing machine.
We only wash clothes, curtains, bedsheets, pillows, and blankets in our washing machine.
@kepweng (13227)
is your washing machine Dont destroyed if you wash rubber shoes on it ?
no, we don't do that.