You Never Leave Home Without? For Me It Is...

@bluesa (12681)
Johannesburg, South Africa
A friend and I were chatting, and she wanted to know what I never leave home without, what I need with me, well for me it is, tissues, lip balm, plasters and one of my favourite perfumes. I also make sure my phone is fully charged and with me in case of emergencies. And I have my cards, and some cash. I also have a card, I call it an info card, with my address, and the cellphone numbers of my parents and sister, and information on allergies I have and medications I take. What do you never leave home without?
I never leave home without my cell phone, lip balm, tweezers, fingernail clippers, a bottle of water, and my bank card. Need all of those just in case something comes up unexpectedly. Of course I also have to pack for my granddaughter. She is still in diapers so I need diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, something for her to snack on, a sippy cup filled with water.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, those are all good to have on hand. And Little Miss has what she needs too. You are used to being well prepared for emergencies. :)
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes I am much the same like that Catherine as you.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, OT! That is nice to know, us with our tissues and info card.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I never leave home without my wallet which has my driver's license and debit card. I also have my car registration with me at all times. I don't need anything else. I rarely remember my phone, which at the moment needs charging. I don't wear make-up, so I don't need anything else.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I just have my phone with me and fully charged in case of emergencies. My wallet also has all the cards I need.
@bluesa I try to take my phone, but this phone is ridiculous! It needs charging every couple days and I don't use it so I don't know why it loses it's charge so fast.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@just4him that can be so frustrating. You might have to have the battery checked.
@ridingbet (37892)
i have to have my purse with money of course. i can leave without my phones, but i cannot leave without a handkerchief. if i don't have one, i am so anxious and uncomfortable.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Like I always need to have tissues or wipes.
@ridingbet (37892)
@bluesa yes, and i even made a discussion about me going back to the hospital to search for my towelette, that i also lost my pair of eyeglasses.
I am a person who cannot leave the house without a handkerchief that is safely tucked in my pocket. I use it of course to wipe my sweat and my hands after...
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet that was a very frustrating day for you.
@dgobucks226 (6642)
Most of the same item as you "C." Although, lip balm and perfumes I have taken off my list
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
what a pity you got rid of the lip balm and perfumes, "D" !
@bluesa Good one! I know, my loss
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 you said it... . You can always share mine though
@YrNemo (8455)
proper clothing and footwear.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
short and sweet! Covered all the basics
@YrNemo (8455)
@bluesa Seriously, there are many times I don't bring anything with me but just myself in proper clothing and footwear. If the trip is short, like running to the neighbors a few hundred meters away, no need to bring anything seriously. (They gave me their phone numbers, but I don't know where I put them!)
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@YrNemo Lol, that is fine. I hope you find those numbers.
I can’t leave home with my cell phone. I have to stay in touch if someone needs me and I have to have a camera to take photos!
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I agree about the cell phone. I tend to use my phone camera though.
@bluesa That’s what I mean so I don’t always have to carry my big camera I have to have my cells camera.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin oh, sorry, duh me! I see what you meant now. I am battling with a bit of lack of sleep, so I am a little slooow. Great that cells have cameras now, makes life easier.
@FayeHazel (11533)
You are wise to have that info card. I like hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes, in addition to - money, ID cards, coupons, tissues, over the counter pain medicine, lipsticks/balms, lotions
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks :) . Oh yeah, I also usually have a pain tablet or tablets for nausea that I carry with me.
@FayeHazel (11533)
@bluesa Also smart move
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel we're smart ladies
@Orson_Kart (4120)
I never leave home without..... Checking the doors are locked about 3 times. Then going back in to check the hob and oven is off and all the windows and internal doors are closed, Then I have to check the doors 3 times again.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
you sound like me when I lock up for the night. I have to double check my double check @Orson_Kart
@bluesa OCD is a curse.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Orson_Kart it really is
I never leave home without my personal documents, tissues, credit card and some cash, a small notepad and a pen. Sometimes I forget the phone.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am always worried about emergencies, so I make sure my phone is fully charged and with me when I am out, at home I have it on silent. I also usually have a pen in my bag. :)
@bluesa If I go to Italy to see my mother, or we are not near home I remember the phone. If I go out grocery shopping I often forget. The shops are only 2 km from home and we know everybody here around.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck Oh, that is understandable then. Here our community is not so close.
@dpk262006 (54657)
I would carry my wallet with card, a charged mobile, a water bottle.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, in your temperatures it is always good to carry water.
@dpk262006 (54657)
@bluesa Yes, a bottle of water always helps in quenching thirst.
Cash. I never leave home without cash in my pockets and wallet.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, I also feel that we should have cash on us and not just cards
@kiran8 (15203)
• Mangalore, India
If it is just for a short outing to the local post office or stores I just take my wallet, cell phone and house keys. But when I go out for work I take a whole lot of things , besides the ones I already mentioned - couple of hankies , small face towel, a bottle of water , small bottle of perfume , pen, note book ..
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
and the list builds for what you take to work. Same here, the further from home, the more I take with me.
@kiran8 (15203)
• Mangalore, India
@bluesa Absolutely , I keep thinking that I should lighten the burden but I put them all back into my bag
The only thing I never leave home without is cash or card, either both or one or the other.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
You travel light :) . I get my phone, lip balm, tissues and wallet with Info card into my pockets! It is an interesting look!
@bluesa Yup, I figure I can get by as long as I have the option to buy anything I really need.
I cannot leave home without my trusty 6 year old umbrella! I can leave the house without my phone but not without my umbrella. I always carry it with me wherever I go. Daytime, when the sun is up and hot; evenings, just to make sure I have one in case it rains.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, yes, that is good. Now it is our stormy season I have also been carrying my umbrella in my bag. :)
@bluesa my umbrella is sort of a security blanket for me. Something like, I can be without it but, still no! lol :) It just has to be there always somewhere in my bag.
For me it is, my car. But that is kinda because, where I live it's not possible to really leave home any other way;P
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, that pretty much needs to be the case. But you need to get a cellphone too, with those surroundings you're in!
@kepweng (6289)
what is your allergies?
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I sometimes struggle with asthma and sinusitis.
I never leave home without my phone, cash, cards, Tylenol,
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh Yes, Tylenol, bless Tylenol!
I need my cell phone, all my important I.D. cards and a bit of cash, just in case.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, and I agree about the cell phone, just for that extra bit of safety.
I never leave home without my handbag. It has everything I need in it, just like you. However, I use lipstick instead of lip balm and also carry my iPad. lol
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, yes, I also have lipstick with me , just lip balm is for very hot days when I worry my lips will dry out. Gotta have that iPad.