Headache

@ridingbet (47275)
I am having right - sided headache now. It is migraine. A student of mine also complained of visual irritation like zigzagging flashing lights at the periphery of her right eye, and I told her she is experiencing the aura of migraine headache. Her migraine was triggered by hunger; the migraine I am experiencing now is triggered by waking up early and rising up in bed immediately without stay lying for a few minutes to wake every nerves of my body first. I will probably take analgesic after our dinner. Do you know what triggers the headache you suffer if you have one?
@fishtiger58 (30371)
• Momence, Illinois
I used to have migraine headaches, these days I just get the aura. I get the zigzag lines, but usually and thankfully don't get the headache. I know what gives me these it's to much sugar in my diet. When I did get the headaches after the aura no medication would help and it would usually be a 3 day headache. I'm so glad I don't get the headaches anymore.
@ridingbet (47275)
that is good to know. when i was still a student, i always had migraines, and even when i worked in Kuwait, i had severe migraines. but there was a syrup for migraine, named periactin. i was also prescribed with cafergot and Avamigran, but i think these 3 medicines are now obsolete.
@fishtiger58 (30371)
• Momence, Illinois
@ridingbet I think I had a medicine for my migraines once it started with an i but I can't remember the name, it worked sometimes.
@ridingbet (47275)
@fishtiger58 possibly it was avamigran?
• Mombasa, Kenya
I have no idea what triggers mine, it occurs often lately
@ridingbet (47275)
there are many factors that trigger migraine. i hope you are aware of what causes you to have that headache because we can actually refrain from having the ache by not doing or ignoring the triggering factors. if chocolates cause you the migraine, i hope you limit your choco intake.
@ilocosboy (34344)
you mean that is the proper way of standing up from bed in the morning, you have to wait for a few minutes to make the nerves awake first then that few minutes we stand?
@ridingbet (47275)
yes ah, kabsat. in our own language, Iloco, it is the "agmurmuray" thingy. we cannot just have to immediately stand up when our alarm clock rings. we have to "agmurmuray" first.
@ilocosboy (34344)
I know it, he he, and I usually murmuray every morning before getting up from bed.
@ridingbet (47275)
@ilocosboy me, i murmuray by playing candy crush saga on the phone.
I have never had a migraine, but my sister, dad and brother have suffered from them.
@ridingbet (47275)
i believe having migraine often should be consulted to the doctor, because it may be a manifestation of a more serious condition. thankfully, the migraine i experience is mostly resolved by non-projectile vomiting and rest, so i think i have no neurological problem. are your father, sister, and brother wearing corrective eyeglasses?
@ridingbet My sister and brother wear eyeglasses, but not my dad. All three were helped dramatically at Dr. Diamond's Migraine Clinic in Chicago.
@ridingbet (47275)
@Corbin5 that is great. was there a specific medicine given to your sister, brother, and your father?
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
Mine is stress. And if I'm so tired. It will give me throbbing pain that sometimes I cannot sleep.
@ridingbet (47275)
if the headache you feel is throbbing, it is most probable that you are having cluster headache. migraines do not manifest itself by throbbing headache according to the nursing books that i read. but maybe the latest edition says otherwise now? hahaha!
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet Hahaha. I can only have a headache if I have a high BP or I am so stress or no sleep.
@ridingbet (47275)
@JustBhem oh, is that so? so, when you know what triggers the headache, i hope you don't take or eat, or sleep late anymore. it is hard to have headache.
I have sometimes the aura migraine, that is very annoying. Usually the change of weather causes a headache to me.
@ridingbet (47275)
migraine headaches have different triggering factors like hunger, change in weather, bright lights and color, stress, chocolates and too much coffee intake to name a few. when i see a woman with very bright orange outfit, i would immediately look away because i know i will surely have migraine.
@KrauseHome (34994)
Some of my migraines are caused by Stress, and some of them by medications I was or am taking, and other times lack of Caffeine. Mine for a while were female related as well. But no Fun when I get them.
@ridingbet (47275)
i also had severe migraines when i was taking a birth control pill in Kuwait. i had to change it then discontinued when we were about to go home.
@hereandthere (28948)
i'm having them more now, and i think it's stress-related. sometimes i can sleep it off, sometimes i need a paracetamol plus sleep.
@ridingbet (47275)
sometimes sleep for me is good, but when the migraine is so severe, i have to vomit it out, non-projectile, so i will be relieved. i can imagine myself vomiting out those greenish gastric juices especially if i have not yet eaten anything.
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Usually with me it is tension, now and again I will get terrible tension headaches.
@ridingbet (47275)
it is so hard to experience headache. unless you know the medication for that, headaches can cause our lives to be messy. i dislike it when i have to vomit out the greenish gastric juices because i want the headache to go.
@antonbunot (9506)
• Calgary, Alberta
Ha, zigzagging flashing light?! That is what I see when I am experiencing slight headache! Now I know I got migraine headache
@ridingbet (47275)
yes kabsat. that is usually the aura for migraine. it is as if you want to 'run after' that zigzag in your peripheral vision and you cannot catch it. if you experience that, more often than not, you will hev migraine later.
@1hopefulman (26172)
Thankfully I rarely get headaches anymore. I always attribute my headaches to not drinking enough water but I'm sure there is more to it than that. Sometime when I wake up my eyes hurt once I open them. Any idea what that might be? Is it the light?
@ridingbet (47275)
possibly it is the light. in my own opinion, i think the light in your room should not be directly into your eyes when you wake up and open your eyes. it is nicer too if you have a lamp with shade to cover the light.
@1creekgirl (9913)
I get just the auras, but one time it turned into a horrible migraine. Not sure what triggered it. Hope you get some relief soon.
@ridingbet (47275)
the sllp relieved me from the migraine. wow, it is better if you just have the aura but not the actual headache. maybe you were able to resolve the aura.
@cahaya1983 (10060)
I sometimes have mild ones that will go in an hour or two, usually because of not having enough sleep. I hope you feel better!
@ridingbet (47275)
i feel better now, thank you. yes, lack of sleep causes headache too.
I never get headaches but I do get eye-strain sometimes.
@ridingbet (47275)
do the eye strains result to headache? so, you just have to close your eyes and rest or look at green objects to relieve the eye strains, right?
Poor you, I hope you get rid of the migraine soon. I don't get them fortunately.
@ridingbet (47275)
i slept early last night at around 9PM. so long was my sleeping hours that i occasionally wake up in the middle of the night to check on the time. the migraine was relieved after i took an analgesic.
My mother suffered from migraine. I'm glad to say that I didn't inherit it.
My sister in law suffers head ache from time to time. I only suffers head ache when I think too much or lack of sleep.
Lack of oxygen and lack of sleep. I never drink pain meds at all so when I'm having a headache, I just drink plenty of water. I don't take a nap at all it only make things worse for me.