MyLot "Most Recent Activity"

Malaysia
I remember some time ago a few people posted about how good it would be if there's a way to know who's online on myLot. I'm guessing it's because they want immediate interaction, which is understandable. Although we don't currently have that feature I think the closest thing to that is the Most Recent Activity section. I often check recent activities to see members who responded/commented most recently and then either visit their profiles to read their discussions or visit discussions that they recently responded to. Of course you'd have to keep refreshing the page every once in a while to see the most recent ones, but you get the idea. Now I don't consider this a "strategy" or whatever. It's just what I find useful for making the most of my time here, whenever I get the chance to be on. Hopefully the new members would find this helpful as well. Other than notifications, which link/section of the site do you visit most often on myLot?
I see who´s in line checking recent posts.
Me too, it's either that or most recent discussions.
@cahaya1983 New notifications help to see which of our friends are online and interacting with us.
@marguicha Good point. That's another way of knowing members who are online.
@sishy7 (27245)
Yes, I refresh that and also Most Recent Discussions a lot when I'm on here once I'm done with my notifications. That's how I know if the traffic is slow or not.
That's right. That's why I don't see the need of having a feature that lets us know who is online.
@sishy7 That's a good tip! What do you mean by myLot clock though?
@cahaya1983 There used to be a clock at the bottom of the screen giving you the current time at the myLot home office
We actually got that when I asked myLotBugs for it and took a poll asking others if they would be interested in it
@sishy7 (27245)
Brilliant idea! Thank you!
I had no idea. Were there many members interested in that feature though?
@cahaya1983 Yes, there were. You can see the discussion and reactions from users to the suggestion here
Attention: myLotBugs responded to this discussion yesterday with the decisions. Thanks to those that had previously responded. There have been a few...
Notifications is where I'm always at. Should I get through them in a timely order I do look to see what's been written recently.
Yeah they definitely take some time to clear especially if you don't log in for a few days. I always go to the notifications first and then only I'll check recent activity.
@cahaya1983 I'm here every day, so I'm doing my best to keep the notifications at a reasonable level.
@just4him That's good. I try to log on every now and then between my work.
@dpk262006 (54659)
Yes, you are right that recent activity of a particular mylotter tells if she or he is online. However, it does not tell, when he has gone offline. I also check about any mylotter through his recent activity.
That's right. It's also a good way for me to read discussions that I might have missed.
@dpk262006 (54659)
@cahaya1983 Yes, if one wants to read about any particular user's discussion, it is better to check his/her profile and recent activities.
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
messages ang offers.
Oh I haven't visited the offers section for a long time. Not really interested.
@responsiveme (14417)
Ok, that sounds like sound advice
Hope you find it helpful!
@wongchoiyee (6574)
all of them. I comment and comment. haha....
Wow you must spend a lot of time here then.
I haven't visited that place for days now, It takes me time to respond and comment back on them. But I will check it out.
I always check it after clearing my notifications and reading the discussions of members who respond to mine.
That is where I am most of the day.
I used to check most recent discussions more often but sometimes I get to read discussions I've missed from the recent activity section.
@sjvg1976 (14548)
Absolutely. That is what I do . It's easy to know who's online by going through "recent activity tab". Apart from this I also use top and hot discussion tabs.
I check the most recent discussions more often than the top rated ones.
@RodrickH (1029)
Most recent discussions are the discussions posted by active users,I always check them
Yes besides the most recent activity I often check the most recent discussions too.
@A_loves_B (1379)
Same like what you do. I most often visit the most recent activity.
Yes I usually do that after clearing my notifications.
@YrNemo (8472)
I often go checking for new discussion from the people whom I follow.
That's a good way to keep up with the discussions too.
@YrNemo (8472)
@cahaya1983 And if they just submitted anything, they would likely to be there.
@YrNemo That's right. That way you won't miss recent discussions from the members you follow.
@kepweng (6328)
i agree are you online now?
Haha apparently I am
@kepweng (6328)
@cahaya1983 hi nice friend i think i commented ALL now your discussion or post you should created more right??
@kepweng Haha I know! Really appreciate your responses. Hope I'll get to read more from you too!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
When I am able to be here, I am usually working through my notifications first with not much time to check anything else.
That can be time consuming, yes. I do that the first thing and then read other discussions.
@dodoazo (11112)
That is a good observation. However reacting to their discussions and not receiving any reply, it is still good as nothing. I have tried to maintain a user whom I used to comment every time he is up with the latest post, but still the same. He may or he may not give you an interaction. He has a preferred friend to react to. The best solution is trial and error or make a weird title. I am sure everybody would react. Like you have swallowed five pieces of nails. You are lucky you have not choked.
I know what you mean. That's why I don't really expect everyone to "return the favor" when I respond or leave a comment. Some people choose the kind of discussions they want to read and respond to, or only respond when they have something to say. But I can say that most members I've interacted with do understand and appreciate mutual interaction on this site.
Checking the most rescent discussions is one way to see who is on.
Yes that's right. I check recent discussions and activity after clearing my notifications.
I don't set out to look for certain members. I try to answer as many as I can , by anyone. I sometimes don't come here as much as I would like to .
It's more about interacting with active members in general than looking for certain individuals, I think. When you respond or comment to something posted by an active member you'd likely get a reply quicker, i.e quicker interaction.
@prashu228 (22839)
It's the most recent discussions which i follow
That's one of my frequently visited section too.