Her Death Brought Fear To The Filipinos

Lately, Isabel Granada, a famous celebrity here from the Philippines, died. She collapsed at Qatar while having a show. She went in comatose at a hospital there for more than 10 days already. The other day, she was announced dead. She was only 41, young, beautiful and sexy. She was a health buff. But she smokes. Her body will be brought back to the Philippines tomorrow, Wednesday. She died of a brain aneurysm. She left behind a son and her second husband. Everyone was shocked and suddenly was aware of what an aneurysm is. Television shows tackled how one can have it. Reasons were high blood pressure, high bad cholesterol, genetics, stress, and smoking. She was said to be always having headaches and hid her going to the doctor from her first husband about it. Hubby and I were afraid of having it, so we took note of what caused it and will avoid it as much as we can. My auntie died of it also many years ago. But she was already old so we thought it as of old age. Do you know what aneurysm is and of someone who died of it? Note: Picture of Isabel Granada is from yahoo
• Riga, Latvia
Yes I know what you're talking about. However we cannot go about life being afraid. There are people who live very long lives doing all the wrong things so one cannot be sure what is right or wrong. This is something that is totally unpredictable of course we must avoid bad habits. It can also be hereditary. See the link
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.   MENU Home » About Brain Aneurysms » Diagnosis » Family History A- A A+ Keep in Touch Stay current with the Brain Aneurysm Foundation. Sign up to receive our newsle
Yes, like I have written, one of the cause is genetics. I must agree we cannot live having fear all our lives. So we have to make some lifestyle changes if we know that our lifestyle is not at all healthy. Smoking is indeed one of the causes too. Good thing, me and hubby don't smoke. Prevention is better than cure. So, having a healthy lifestyle is a starter.
Sadly she passed away in the prime of life.Here a person I know suffers from hemiplegia for 10 years now due to burst aneurysm.It is said that the cerebral angiography is used to early diagnose it.
Yes, an angiography can be an intervention. But that one is a costly procedure.
@SIMPLYD Yes,it will cost a lot,if do it.So far I have not done it and don't intend to do it any time soon.
@changjiangzhibin89 I think you have a healthy lifestyle , so no worry.
@rey123 (790)
An aneurysm refers to a weakening of an artery wall that creates a bulge, or distention, of the artery.Most aneurysms do not show symptoms and are not dangerous. But at their most severe stage, some can rupture, leading to life-threatening internal bleeding
It is said that the distention of the artery can be eliminated by an angioplasty.
@lady1993 (16864)
no, it is quite scary because it just came so suddenly
Yes, it is so sudden and that's what makes it so scary. Unlike cancer, which more or less you know that you can die of it when not treated at once.
@A_loves_B (1616)
Such a sad news. This is the first time for me to hear this kind of disorder. It sounds scary.
Indeed, everyone was shocked when they heard the news that she collapsed and was comatose in the intensive care unit of the hospital. Though, it was said that very few survived being in a coma because of an aneurysm.
That is a shame she was a beautiful women.
Yes, she was a very beautiful woman. Look at that very beautiful picture. I can't help feeling so sad for her to die so young.
@Bluedoll (17071)
This is alarming. Such a small thing as some head pain could be actually serious. Even people who are famous maybe even wealthy can have their life ended in a blink. She was very beautiful.
Yes, frequent headaches can be a symptom of something serious. I would really go to the doctor if I keep having a headache. So beautiful, she was indeed. Just look at that picture of hers.
@Bluedoll (17071)
@SIMPLYD I read she was an actress and sang. Like most popular people she has many looks. I am at this moment listening and her voice is nice. Of course I can't understand one word but its pretty.
Isabel Granada Songs ... OPM ... Tagalog Love Songs ... Non Stop Music
@Bluedoll Yes, she's an actress and a good singer too. Pretty is an understatement of her looks She's beautiful.
She is very beautiful. Her fans must be devastated.
I try not to worry about things like that. I am under the care of one of the best doctors I ever had, and I feel like he will keep- me healthy. I do worry now, and then especially when I see a beautiful girl like this one die who is younger than me. She was extremely beautiful. i don't think i have one in my heart as i get regular echocardiograms as I have congestive heart failure that is mostly under control just trying o get my heart stronger
With the monitoring of your doctor and those medical procedures to see if you are healthy, surely you will be fine. For this beautiful girl, her smoking has something to do with it, I think as it is one of the causes of an aneurysm.
@SIMPLYD I would not doubt that smoking can cause an aneurysm as it causes so many health problems that could prove fatal.
@Marty1 I agree.
@YrNemo (11824)
I read her bio, sounds like she was a very intelligent, highly educated and talented. Yet God decided to take her away at that young age. God rests her soul, she is now with her father.
And I forgot that she was a pilot. That is why, yesterday when her coffin finally arrived, it was draped with the Philippine flag.
@YrNemo (11824)
@SIMPLYD You see, people who were too talented often got taken away early like that.
@Shellyann36 (9214)
Yes, I know what an aneurysm is and they can happen in all parts of the body, not just in the head. Back in January my father suffered from a gastro-intestinal aortic aneurysm and had to have a very serious surgery that lasted 8 hours. He has all of the bad things going for him that you mentioned above... high blood pressure, cholesterol, stress, and smoking. He was in the hospital for over a week recovering. It is good that so many people were made aware of the seriousness of the problem and the signs to look for. Be vigilant and stay healthy.
So there is also the gastrointestinal aortic aneurysm. But I suppose it is lesser fatal than the brain aneurysm.
@SIMPLYD Yes there is one and normally a brain aneurysm is fatal. My dad was fortunate.
@kepweng (13511)
shes very Young is thier a Connection in smoking with aneurysm??
Yes. It's one of the causes of one to have aneurysm.
• Mombasa, Kenya
This sad, on genetics, how?
You inherit it from your any of your parents. It's since birth. Only that it is not detected until it burst.
@responsiveme (14684)
She is very beautiful...Smoking is scary for health
Yes, she was indeed. Smoking brings a lot of diseases, especially for the heavy smokers.