My Autumn Post

By ARM
After what seemed like an endless wait for Autumn, suddenly it arrived overnight. The evening air has a nip to it and it gets chilly as the night progresses. For my evening outings I have taken out those light, lacy stoles which look nice draped and can be flung off inside the room. We don’t call it Fall here, the trees remain green you see. What then is my Autumn? The starry starry nights and the fragrance of the night jasmine.The misty veil of the mornings , not yet a fog .The glistening dew covering the grassy fields making them shimmer and shine in the early morning sunlight.The grain maturing in the rice fields. And , my water lilies resurfacing like magic. The past year saw a lot of road construction being done, the wetlands did the disappearing act. I wondered whether I would see the flowers again. But here they are again ! Only this time ,they seem to have plenty of other plants to keep them company. It is not just the water lilies but grasses and some purple flowers on long stalks. I asked my Botany friend why this is so and she said , it is called Ecological succession. Biological communities create a continuing changing mix of different species within that area. I wonder what the place will look like next year? Photo:The lilies and all, this year
What a beautiful view. It's a shame that wetlands disappear to make bigger roads. Our Autumn sees only chrysanthemum flowers, it's foggy in the morning and November it's a rainy month.
yep, I am reading your comments about the cold November but I am sure your house is nice and cozy and and and full of Anna's great cooking. So who cares about the weather outside.
@responsiveme Our house is warm, if it's too cold I light the firewall for the dinner and I cook a cake in the oven.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
Picture is so nice. You place seem to be so natural unlike mine I don't see such things at my place. Just hear horns of vehicles and people just rushing on the road. You are blessed that you live at such place. I wish if I could also have an opportunity. I remember when last year we went to kedarnath we saw many such things and I always wish if I can explore such places every year.
Do come and visit this side. We go to Delhi to look at the malls:) and Janpath shopping
@sjvg1976 (18386)
@responsiveme Delhi is famous for only its market .
@BarBaraPrz (19839)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It is definitely autumn now here in St Catharines. It tried showing up in August for a few days, but we all screamed "Not yet!" and it went away. It kept trying to sneak in in September and October and finally got a solid foothold this past week. I'm not liking it.
With winter mild as compared to yours , for us these are the seasons we look forward too. Summer is hot and humid. Do you have fall colours?
@BarBaraPrz (19839)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@responsiveme Somewhat. We hadn't any frost before the leaves started falling, so no vibrant colors this year.
@BarBaraPrz A lot of people are saying that.
It sounds like a very beautiful time of year for you. I love your picture.
It is. We look forward to these months until spring comes...then it becomes hot and humid
@responsiveme Enjoy it while it lasts. Hot and humid is unpleasant.
The lilies are such a lovely part of your autumn!!! Thank you for sharing their beauty with us.
Thanks for en joying them
Those water lilies are resilient kind of plants that keep coming back year after year provided there is sufficient water available for them to grow in . . . thanks for sharing your beautiful landscape with me !
Yes I hope they do come out every yrsr
That is a beautiful picture, a little view of what Heaven will look like maybe. =)
Thank you...I feast my eyes on the masses of these flowers growing everywhere now
Your water lilies are so beautiful that I hope you see them again next year.
I hope so too...The wetlands are full.of these flowers now
@sishy7 (27647)
So pretty... The purple flowers are lilies too, aren't they?
No, they are a new ones...On those with the long stalks.. that's why I asked my friend why these were also growing.. my last year's water lilies post had just the lilies
@sishy7 (27647)
@responsiveme Oh yes, I went back to your old post and saw what you meant now...
@sishy7 thanks...
@ilocosboy (34315)
the good thing is that you still have autumn, we will never have that season here,
What are your seasons?
@ilocosboy (34315)
Rainy season and summer time
@ridingbet (52933)
your water lilies are far more different from what we have here. the water hyacinths here are robust, and the plants can even be made as handbags when the stems are dried.
We have the hyacinths too...And have seen those products ...Very stylish
@ridingbet (52933)
@responsivemethe bags are somewhat sturdy and durable because of the thick stems of the water lilies/hyacinths.
Your photo is gorgeous!!!! Here, it has gotten quite chilly, but my flowers are in full bloom. We haven't had a frost, yet, which will kill them until next spring.
I think so too...Here our gardens will bloom now till it gets too hot in March or so
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
So nice! Is that place near yours?
Yes, I am off to say hello to them on my morning walk now
@responsiveme Oh nice! Have a great morning walk
@vilma143 (480)
• Dipolog, Philippines
wow, nice pic, my friend, it is really time for them to grow.
They are beautiful flowers
That looks like some of the ricefields I passed by whenever I go home to our hometown on a Saturday. It' really amazing how those wildflowers would sprout when the weather becomes conducive to the plants. I wonder if those purple flowers is another variety of daisies? They look beautiful!
Yes, I understand...The rural areas look so beautiful
@DEMI12 (590)
• Guangdong, China
Very nice picture. Autumn go very soon and the winter come now.we are looking forward to 2018 and our new year festival.Time flies
Yes, nice to enjoy festivals
Those are so pretty!
I think so too
That is such a pretty photo, I love it. It is very different from fall here in Connecticut but equally beautiful.
Yes, I love the Fall colours in the posts out here so made my Autumn post too. The north west part of my country will have Fall like yours
@cahaya1983 (10053)
They look so pretty! We don't have autumn here but there are a few places where you can get a beautiful view of water lilies.
Thanks, all wetlands here are now full of them including white ones
You live in such a stupendous place my friend..thanks for sharing with us xo
Glad you like it...I love my natural surroundings too