THE JOY OF EATING.

Google image.
How often during the course of the day do you think about food and eating? It is natural when you wake up in the morning to think about what you will be having for breakfast - then a little later it is lunch, then dinner and probably an after dinner snack. There could also be snacks between meals. Even if you are not a foodie, eating is necessary for survival. I know that some of us enjoy eating so much that we sometimes consume more than we should. Eating - one of life's simple pleasures. So which meal of the day would be your favorite - and what do you enjoy eating mostly at that meal? My favorite meal is breakfast, simply because I break my fast after last eating at 5p.m. the previous day - with no nighttime snacks. When morning comes, I am really hungry. I would have either cereal, fruit, coffee or tea with some kind of sandwich or a local dish.
I love food, I love eating - period . I think I enjoy a late lunch or dinner . . . I like a big main meal .
It is nice to be able to eat what you want - some of us have very restrictive diets.
@Kandae11 Well, I do think everyone should watch what they eat (but it's easier to eat it than watch it ). Everyone can always eat better .
@much2say lol !
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yeah eating is addicting...if one could avoid it totally would be good
One health expert believes that the less we eat the longer we live.
• Preston, England
my main evening meal is usually my favourite
Many prefer the evening meal - probably because that is the most relaxing time of day.
• Preston, England
@Kandae11 plus being the meal we tend to take more care preparing rather than just throwing together
@1creekgirl (8769)
Lately, since I'm limited to what I can do with one arm in a sling, my main focus has been on my daily shower and what we'll eat for dinner! In fact, husband's on the way back now with a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, and sweet tea from a local restaurant.
That sounds like a feast. What would we d if there were no restaurants and other food outlets.
@Kandae11 Well, until I can get back to cooking more, we'd be in a mess!
I have lost interest of food over they year.Breakfast I like and be happy to have this three times a day. Most people over do it.all they think of food all day.There is more to life than food.
There certainly is. I have seen how some persons eyes light up just from hearing the word food..
We should eat to live and not live to eat, but I adore food. I'm a foodie, and therefore love every meal if it is delicious, organic, fresh, and presented beautifully.
Eating healthy is the best bet, but some decadent treats could be so tempting. Anyway, healthy or unhealthy - where food is concerned - less is always best.
@Kandae11 Oh, I fall off the wagon plenty of times, but I make up for it in other ways.
Yeah, breakfast is my favorite. When I can I like eggs, sausage and hash browns but if not I'll settle for smoked salmon and potato soup.
Smoked salmon sounds great - I should try that in a sandwich.
Lunch. I love anything lunch. But I do not think about food all day, That is someone who is addicted to food, I usually eat when I am hungry. I tend to skip breakfast more than any meal, I just am not hungry when I wake up.
There are many people who skip breakfast , but after my breakfast I usually forget about lunch.
I am not a foodie. I only think about food when hunger strikes.
When I used the word foodie I was reminded of a Bubblews member who went by that name. Wonder if he or she is still writing.
@Freelanzer (6459)
My favorite is lunch because I get to make and eat something I really like for me alone.
I know you are vegetarian - so what would be one of your favorite lunch time dishes?
@Kandae11 Fried plantains with vegetables
@Freelanzer Just my kind of meal.
@ridingbet (38053)
my breakfast should be heavy especially if i have my duty. but when i am home, i can take a piece of bread with my cup of hot coffee. i like to take my lunch with 2 cups of rice. supper should be light.
Breakfast is my heaviest meal - now that I work from home. Dinner or supper is usually very light.
@ridingbet (38053)
@Kandae11 just like what my late mother told us, 'eat like a king for breakfast, eat like a pauper for supper'.
@dpk262006 (54812)
Breakfast is important for me and on week days I take my breakfast early because I need to leave for my workplace.
I suppose on weekends you will have a more leisurely breakfast with family.
@dpk262006 (54812)
@Kandae11 Yes, you are very right that during weekends we enjoy leisurely take our breakfast and she would prepare something different than week days breakfast.
In the morning at times I think about my breakfast and there are times I think about what I will have for lunch if there are no more leftovers or what I will make for our Sabbath main course.
It is best when meals are carefully planned.
@Kandae11 I eat certain times of the day.
I love food way tooooo much. I will have a week of working out and eating less and then the next week I will binge eat! My fav is supper, and I like pizza, wings, salads, chicken. Food is my weakness for sure lol
@Kandae11 Yes that is what I was trying to do, then both my kids got sick and it all went out the door. lol I stress eat as well... haha
@fearjp (312)
I think I can be consider a foodie maybe because one of the reasons can be I don't like wasting food lol and also because I do like good meals. Maybe my favorite meal could be dinner because that's where the good meal is lol. Sometimes lunch can be the meal of the day we have a good meal that we don't eat dinner. I do like eating some small snacks every now and then though but only when we don't eat big meals lol.
@fearjp (312)
@Kandae11 Yea my parents too. Just some cookies if we go out because they're stuffed lol. Me, I can't handle no more if I eat a lot since I do end up eating everything lol.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
I really do enjoy having good breakfast and light meal during lunch and dinner time
That is the way I do it.
@Kandae11 Nice! It`s a healthy way of balanced diet
I like breakfast the best. I get up early and go swimming and than for a half hour walk. When I get home I am really hungry so I fix a big breakfast, Te biggest meal of my day.
Same for me too - breakfast is my biggest meal of the day.
@rubyriaz007 (2564)
I have a sandwich and a cup of coffee for my breakfast.
Sometimes that is my choice too.
• Portland, Connecticut
I think about food a lot but I don't necessarily eat often or a lot, I just think about what I want to eat lol
I don't eat that much either, but I usually think carefully about what I am going to have for breakfast and lunch. My dinner is usually very small.
I love eating too and take the trouble to get what I relish.
Its good to be able to enjoy what you like.